Have you ever got into trouble for something you didn't do?

Yes. As a teenager, working at McDonalds. A co-worker and I were laughing at some joke (or something) and the customers at the drive up window apparently thought we were laughing at them. She called the manager and we both got suspended for 3 days. It sucked. We didn't do anything wrong. But I guess the customer is always right.

Oldest of five. When my sibs screwed up guess who had to take the heat? Spent the majority of my first 17 years in trouble for things I didn’t do.

Yes, and it was devastating.

I was a little kid, probably around 8, and a group of neighborhood kids were taunting a lady in our neighborhood. She was kind of odd and scary, so I always gave her a wide berth. Unfortunately, some of the kids would trespass on her property and pull pranks.

One day, all of the mothers got a call to go to her house with us kids. When the lady accused me of throwing rocks at her house, I knew that I had not done that and started to cry. My mother stood behind me with her arms wrapped tightly around me and told the woman that I would never do such a thing.

Everyone in the neighborhood assumed that I was a part of that nasty group of kids, but my mother knew that I was innocent.

Unless you are an only child, everyone has gotten in trouble for something they didn’t do. I have three brothers, so more times than I can remember.😂

When I was a young teenager, the next door neighbor accused me of vandalizing her car. Now, I did more than my share of bad things as a teen, but I never touched her crappy car. She called the cops on me who came out to my house and threatened me with jail, etc., when my parents were not home.

About 20 years ago, my brother was engaged to a woman who was a psycho witch from hell. We (friends and family) all couldn't stand her, but pretty much kept our feelings to ourselves. She was incredibly insecure and they had a very unhealthy relationship. I was working at a celebrity gold tournament and one of the players was a former MLB pitcher that my brother really liked. I formed a friendly relationship with this player and my brother thought that was pretty cool. On the final night of the tournament, I was getting dinner with the player and I asked him if I called my brother, would he say hello to him. He said of course and asked for any information on my brother. All I said was that he was getting married in a couple of months. I never mentioned anything about the fiancee or my feelings about her. Player calls my brother and says, "Hey *brother*, *player* here! How the heck are you?" They had a short conversation and player then says, "I hear you're getting married soon! You know your sister HATES your fiancee!" Come to find out, my brother and fiancee had friends over for dinner and this comment was made over speakerphone so EVERYONE heard it. It was horrific. Needless to say, I got in so much trouble with my brother, fiancee, my mom, etc. I have no idea why the player would have said such a thing as I never said a word about how i felt about fiancee - he must have just thought he was being funny, but yeesh. I paid the price for that for the whole time they were married...which was less than 2 years, thank god.

I'll never forget the night that my college professor called me at home demanding to know what I did with the pizza she had left in the staff lounge. I had no idea what she was talking about, but she wouldn't believe me no matter what I said.
The next day she said she had found it in the back of that same fridge, but offered no apology to me.
It still confounds me to this day how she came to the the conclusion, to such a degree of certainty, that I went back into a staff lounge to steal someone's food. I have never done anything even remotely like that in my whole life.

I've always loved art, since I was a child. I once used the library's copy machine to print a photo of a statue I liked, and put it in my bookbag (no kid carried a backpack in the mid 70s unless they were hiking). It happened to be a Roman nude. So my Mom, as she did every day after school, emptied out my bookbag to see if I had any notes, permission slips, etc....and yep, there was my photocopy of the Roman nude.

"What the H*** is this??!"

I tried to explain, "I copied it because-" I wanted to say because I loved the sculpture, but she cut me off.

"I KNOW why you copied it!!"

So, I got sent to bed and grounded for being a little perv. I wasn't guilty of anything but loving the sculpture.

Too many times to count. I'm the youngest of 6 kids and the only girl. My brothers learned early on they could blame things on me because I wouldn't get in trouble since my parents were pretty sure I didn't do it. I was that little girl who played with her dolls in her room or was curled up somewhere with a book. Not much of a change I broke something,

Several times. One time I almost got in trouble for writing on my aunt's wall. Someone wrote "Kimmy was here." I did not get punishment because I managed to convince my aunt that 1) I wouldn't do it, 2) If I did do it, I would never be stupid enough to sign my name to it. 3) If I was dumb enough to write my name, I certainly wouldn't have written "Kimmy" because I have ALWAYS hated being called Kimmy.

But my 7th-grade teacher seemed to think that "mass punishment" was an effective classroom management technique. There were many times where we heard "Well, if no one will own up to it, I guess I'll have to punish you all!" and she did... (and it was usually the same two or three kids who had done whatever-it-was and I'm sure the teacher had a pretty good idea. I'm not sure what the teacher's plan was? That we would snitch? That we would peer-pressure them into being better? I don't think the plan worked very well. All it made me do is despise that teacher.)

I took the blame for something I thought my brother did, my dad wouldn't let me watch Miss America or something like that I wanted to watch and I was devastated. :laughing: Turned out my mom did it and she was soo mad at my dad for thinking I would do it without saying it was me in the first place(I was a SUPER good, totally by the book kid). My parents worked opposite shifts so she didnt have a chance to tell him before she went to work and he got home....this was of course before cell phones. :laughing: We still tease my dad about it.

But my 7th-grade teacher seemed to think that "mass punishment" was an effective classroom management technique. There were many times where we heard "Well, if no one will own up to it, I guess I'll have to punish you all!" and she did... (and it was usually the same two or three kids who had done whatever-it-was and I'm sure the teacher had a pretty good idea. I'm not sure what the teacher's plan was? That we would snitch? That we would peer-pressure them into being better? I don't think the plan worked very well. All it made me do is despise that teacher.)
My oldest son, who is now 26 had a teacher exactly like this in 3rd grade!

She was constantly doing the whole mass punishment thing!! I was always a pretty hands off parent when it came to school issues. Twelve years of schooling times two (2 kids) and the one and only time I ever called a teacher to voice concern was over the constant, never ending, entire class punishment when it was most likely the same 2-3 kids causing the trouble. Ugh!! It was the worst and my son was beginning to dread going to school because of it!

She seemed very put off that I called her about it and said that she basically had no choice but to do it that way. BUT, thankfully after my call there were no more group punishments.

I was a director of my work site and one of my employees , who was 4 years older than me and had a more advanced degree, wanted my job. So she went over my head to my boss with some lies about my work performance. It backfired and she was sent to another site and became someone else's management nightmare, but the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth and I left that job a few months later and heard she was transferred back to my old site to take my job. The job must not have been everything she hoped it was because she didn't even last a full year as director before she quit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter