Have you ever bumped into someone you know at Disney?

Yep! Just 2 weekends ago at Epcot's F&GF. We went to look at the Pixie Hollow playground and YDS said "Look there's Emma from my class!". Sure enough she was there with her mom and they were meeting someone else from our little school there.

Last month! I turned around and asked someone to take our picture... and it was a guy who we had played intramural sports with for years!

And of course...we never got along and I really disliked him...so I kept saying to our group... I have my lime green mickey and am looking for DISers...and of the thousands that are walking around... I bump into the one guy I would be comfortable never seeing again!

My 2 teen sons and I were ahead of my husband in Animal Kingdom going around the bend near Kali Rapids. I turned around to say something to him, and he had stopped quite a ways back and he was talking to someone. I called my sons to stop and come back with me to discover my husband was talking with one of his colleagues from work who was also there with his family. It was tough to talk because of everyone swarming that way to get to Expedition Everest, but I couldn't believe the coincidence!

It just goes to show you the draw that Disneyworld has!

yep-now granted when we go we have a group of about 10-15 other friends that go and we don't travel together but we always run into each other-

On our first trip at Ep. DH ran into a coworker and his wife
Last year at HS we ran into friends we play ball with
And at the Jedi Academy we ran into a family from our allstar ball team

Doesn't surpirse me though-we went out of the country in 2000 and DH found a guy he used to play ball with at our hotel-

It really is a small world

:eek::eek::eek:

We took our last family vacation to Disney in August of 2008, stayed at AKL. While we were there, we ran into someone that teaches with DH.

On our MK day, we ran into his union rep at the high school.....also a teacher

On our DHS day, we ran into an assistant principle at the high school....

I told him we need to start playing the lottery, cause only HE, being 1,000 miles from home, in a park with 5,000 other people, would be in the same place at the same time as 3 people he knows. Of course, each time he saw them, it was a 1/2 hour conversation....DH is a talker by the 3rd time, I was a bit irritated with it all.....I just wanted to be ON VACATION, and not running into people we knew!!!

I ran into my cousin and his family in a gift shop in DHS. We were even staying in the same hotel! We had no idea that the other was going to be there.

Yep. There was one trip when we were seated along Main St, waiting for Spectro to start. A guy and his family from our home town walked by.....man, was he shocked to hear his name being called out by my dh.
Then, a few years ago, my dd saw a former teacher. She ran up to her and hugged her. The poor woman's family thought she was being attacked.
Then, last April, my dd, then 15, and I went to our first AIE at DHS...just to see what it was all about and to see if dd really wanted to audition for it the next day. Imagine our surprise when they announced performer number 3....a girl from my dd's high school, one that she has done theater with for years!!! Then we kept running into her throughout the trip.

People have come up to my dd at home and told her that they saw her, from a distance at WDW!!!! It's always fun to run into people you know there.

I ran into the one of the girls that I used to dance with when I went with my family in 2006, and then in 2008, I saw my old voice teacher who was there on his honeymoon! :thumbsup2

YES! Back in September i was walking into the confectionary on main street during MNSSHP and i ran into someone i used to work with at the mall here in cleveland, ohio! she is doing the college program down there! it was pretty magical to run into her! :wizard:
also, i made friends with a woman who works at a jewelry store that my mom and i frequent. she had told us she was going to be at WDW in january and it turned out we were both staying at the same hotel (POFQ!) We ran into her mutliple times during our stay, even once at DHS! :wizard:

Yep- on a road trip down to Disney Land in Ca, we pulled into a gas station in Mesquite, and right next to us was the neighbor that lives right behind us. I know that that isn't in the park, but I thought that was so funny. But once we got to the park, we walked through the front gates and there was a guy I went to high-school with- he was on his honeymoon. :)

It happened to us on our last trip. I thought it was kind of surreal. 1,100 miles from home and we just so happened to cross the path of a family from our town while in WDW.

On our first trip to WDW in 2007 we were heading out after Fantasmic and at the intersection of Hollywood and Sunset Blvds we heard someone saying my DH name... much to our surprise it was a relative of DH's!

On my last trip this past September I went to run the Expedition Everest 5K with a friend. We made a "bet" about who would see someone they knew first. I thought I won because I met someone from here on the DIS, but she said that didn't count because we knew we'd both be there. She claimed she won when we ran into an old friend from high school at China in EPCOT. We needed clarification on the rules of the bet... :)

When I was a sophmore in high school my famiyl broought my best friend. We were old enough to be on our own and we thought we were SO cool. That was, until we were on the monorail and ran into Eric from middle school who was SO cute - then we turned into stupid school girls! We tried our hardest to keep running into him but it only happened once or twice.

This year I did the marathon in January. I had heard the parents of a girl from DDs class (and she;s in my Girl Scout troop) were running, but I had forgotten all about it. After the race we went over to AK. It was freezing out - we were bundled in winter coats and gloves. As we were just getting there I had to take DS to the bathroom. I walked out and saw DH talking to someone. Now, DH is not someone who talks to strangers in Disney like I do so I was surprised. I got over there and it was the family from school on their way out of AK!

My DH runs into someone he knows EVERYWHERE we go!:rolleyes: It doesn't matter what corner of the world we are in, he winds up seeing someone he knows. It's happened to us every time we've been to WDW.:confused3

Yes, a few years back we were in Fantasyland and ran into our next door neighbor. We knew we were both going to be on vacation at the same time, but not at DW.

This past September, my Husband and I are walking to our room in the Pop Century, and we're on that weird trail between the 60's building, heading towards the bowling pin pool in the 50's building, when I hear this voice from behind me asking "Excuse me, could you tell me where Building 5 is?". We didn't really know where it was, so we helped the guy and started to walk away, when he decided to keep talking to us...to our backs. We were really really tired and didn't want to talk, but he kept talking to our backs, so we felt bad and stopped and talked to him for a bit. Everything he did seemed really odd and really familiar. In my head, I kept saying "Where do I know this guy?" and then he started talking about himself "I'm 65 years old, and today's my birthday! Can you believe I've never been here? 65 years, and my first trip to Disney World, how crazy..." then he dropped the bomb on me "I'm from Philadelphia..." then my brain started RACING. I couldn't even concentrate on what he was saying, all I could think was "WHERE DO I KNOW THIS MAN FROM AND WHY WON'T HE SHUT UP". My husband was talking to him about how we were also from Philadelphia, but he wasn't interested in us...he just kept talking about himself Eventually, he decided to go to bed, and I didn't mention the familiarity to my husband, because I figured if he didn't recognize him, he wouldn't be able to help me remember him.

Then a couple days later, we're sitting in the Food Court when that guy walks in --- wearing a big sombrero! I almost DIED. I can't believe it took a giant sombrero to help me remember him. I used to work at a Starbucks in the business district of Philadelphia, and this guy used to come in every single day. He'd wear a Hawaiian shirt and a big floppy hat and order a large glass of milk. He was kind of slow, and would always start these really crazy conversations with me about absolutely nothing. He ruled. I stopped working there about 6 or 7 years ago. He always thought my name was Cynthia (I'd say 'Danielle', he'd repeat back 'Cynthia'...after numerous tries, I just gave up and became Cynthia)

I decided against telling him who I was. I felt like a fraud enough as it was, since he thought my name was Cynthia all this time! I'd also have felt really dumb if he didn't remember me...I have this tendency to remember people and faces that I probably shouldn't.

We live in a fairly small town. By small, I mean that according to the most recent census, we have a population of right around 2000 people. We're about 1,100 miles North of Disney World.

Funny enough, we've taken two family vacations to Disney World now, and both times we've bumped into people there that live in our town, and we know.

YEP - Ran into a co-worker on a day we were both supposed to be at work (called in sick).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter