Have you ever been evacuated from a ride?

I've been evacuated off of big thunder and splash mountain. Big thunder was right before the drop and we were taken back through the mountain. Splash mountain may have been the worst. We were stuck right before the drop to the laughing place, but could hear the song for the 30-45 minutes we were stuck. We were never evacuated, but wish we were.

45 minutes stuck is like my nightmare. I would freak out. And I always worry about it on Splash, because it's my all time favorite ride and I don't want to have any bad memories from it.

45 minutes stuck is like my nightmare. I would freak out. And I always worry about it on Splash, because it's my all time favorite ride and I don't want to have any bad memories from it.
It actually wasn't that bad, just the song for 45 minutes was torture. This also before the advent of smart phones as well!

I think Haunted Mansion has to be stopped everytime because wheelchairs guest have to be loaded with a stopped doombuggy.

There are no wheelchair accessible vehicles (at MK anyways, don't know about DL), however, there is a more accessible vehicle. Some guests using this vehicle aren't able to load and/or unload with the belt moving. My grandma was able to get in with the belt slowed down but couldn't get out without the belt being stopped; she hasn't ridden since.

I was! When I was younger, we were stuck for just under two hours on It's a Small World. They couldn't turn the music off either because they said it also played on the outside of the ride and they had to keep it playing.
I love Small World, but two hours of the music?! No thanks! At least you got to bypass a line.

On our last trip in February, we were evacuated off BTMR. My kids and hubby were so excited; we were about halfway up the big hill when we stopped and then waited a bit before the CMs came out and helped us all down. We got to go through the mountain and see all the underworkings of the ride which was totally cool.
My mom and I often comment we'd kinda like to be evacuated off BTMR or SM and see behinds the scenes stuff. We're longtime passholders so it's not like we wouldn't have another chance to ride someday.

I love Small World, but two hours of the music?! No thanks! At least you got to bypass a line.

It was AWFUL. We begged them but they didn't turn it off once. I get why but at the same time I feel like people on the outside wouldn't have even realized it since I would assume they weren't even being let into the line by then. It took me some years to go back on again!

We were evacuated from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, right as we were getting ready to board. We were handed paper Fastpasses on our way past the cm.

It was AWFUL. We begged them but they didn't turn it off once. I get why but at the same time I feel like people on the outside wouldn't have even realized it since I would assume they weren't even being let into the line by then. It took me some years to go back on again!
You'd think they woulda turned it off just to keep people from coming to find out the ride was closed, I hear music on I'd think the ride is open.

Halfway through Alice in Wonderland two years ago. We had to be walked out by a CM. Luckily it didn't take them too long to get us off and out.

You'd think they woulda turned it off just to keep people from coming to find out the ride was closed, I hear music on I'd think the ride is open.

That's exactly what we thought too! By the time we were blessedly rescued from the pit of despair that is HOURS of that song on repeat, the ride was still down but we didn't dare walk by and try to hear if the music was still playing. I think by the end of it we were trying to figure out ways to break the speakers hahaha! All I know is that music was still on that entire time...*shudder*

Well you can look on the bright side at least you got the full song. It could have been stuck for an hour on a few words!

Gosh, this thread has me thinking of something I've never ever considered before. I have some medical conditions that cause excessive pain and weakness in my knees and legs when I'm on my feet for extended periods (as one is at WDW). Steep stairs and the like are very difficult and dangerous for me. I can't imagine being evacuated from the the top of something like Spaceship Earth! I'd be in big trouble! :eek:

We were evacuated off Spaceship Earth. We were almost at the top - just past the Phoenicians! We sat there a while, then the lights came on and they came by and opened the doors and we had to walk down - it is a LOT of steps! It was weird - all the sound was off, but all the animatronics were still moving. We did take some sneaky pictures!:rolleyes1 We thought it was one of the highlights of our trip! So cool!

I was! When I was younger, we were stuck for just under two hours on It's a Small World. They told us the belt that moves the boats broke and they were having issues fixing it. Eventually they pushed our boats to emergency exits within the ride scenery and helped us climb out! They couldn't turn the music off either because they said it also played on the outside of the ride and they had to keep it playing. I happened to be wearing my bathing suit as a tank top that day with my shorts and threatened to swim for it! (Not that I really would have haha just wishful thinking!) We had really nice people in our boat so that made it bearable.

We got to jump ahead of the line in the Lion King show/attraction that had just premiered because of it! I remember that had a very long wait too, but once it was explained why we were being let ahead, everyone was pretty sympathetic!
OMG that would be horrible! Out of all the rides at Disney World, that would be my last choice for a ride to get stuck on.. and 2 hours!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter