• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Room at Pop!!

Definitely!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I wish Disney would make a hotel themed like Tower of Terror....That would be so awesome!!!!
I have heard that the Tower of Terror Hotel designed is based on a real hotel in Hollywood, The Roosevelt. I stayed there (before it got popular again) and let me tell you the place is haunted!!!! That is the hotel that Montgomery Cliff died in and Marilyn Monroe haunts.

I have heard that the Tower of Terror Hotel designed is based on a real hotel in Hollywood, The Roosevelt. I stayed there (before it got popular again) and let me tell you the place is haunted!!!! That is the hotel that Montgomery Cliff died in and Marilyn Monroe haunts.

Really???

Going to have to google that.....sounds awesome!!

Notice you are going on your first trip to Disney, is it the first time for as a family or have you never been before?

You are going at a great time and are going to have blast!!!!

The lights at MGM are amazing!!!!

I think the hangers are shivering in fright from the possibilty of having to "wear" one of those leisure suits.:scared1:

I think the hangers are shivering in fright from the possibilty of having to "wear" one of those leisure suits.:scared1:

another good one...:rotfl:

o_larry1.jpg

Just giving this thread a little bump, as I don't want it to become DEAD...

Wait...it already is......:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Last September(at POR), the toilet in our hotel room flushed by itself one night. Twice in a row! It was so funny, I told my sis, "Go look! Go look!" and she was telling me "No, YOU go look!":lmao: In a way, it makes sense..I'm sure it was just a former DISer who has crossed over to the other side. Hey, maybe that's what heaven is..a never ending WDW trip!:thumbsup2

Doubt it is haunted. More than likely a CM down below in the cast only tunnel banged something and it vibrated up the wall. We have machinery and ductwork in my workplace that vibrates certain walls all the time even when they're seperated by a couple floors. Just like MK there is probably an entire area below each resort for doing laundry, etc.

Hey All.

I just returned from Pop Century on May 15th.

We were there May 8th-15th,

We had building #10 in the 70s Section, Room 0225

One night, I am lying in bed watching tv, the whole place is quiet, minus our tv.

All of the sudden, two of the hangers in the closet, that have nothing on them and no air vent near them, bang and then start swinging for about 15 seconds...

This happened 2 more nights that we were there,

No one next to us banged the wall or no one above us made any loud bangs that would make them move.

Just wanted to share....Thought it was preety Creepy, but cool!!

I'm glad you posted this. Last May we were staying at Coronado Springs and one night my daughter fell out of her bed pretty hard. She is 11 and never falls out of bed. I woke up and got her back into bed. Right after that I heard a loud thump and then crying in the room next to us. It sounded like the child in the room next to us had fallen out of bed, too. I didn't think it was a coincidence. Very weird...but true.

Doubt it is haunted. More than likely a CM down below in the cast only tunnel banged something and it vibrated up the wall. We have machinery and ductwork in my workplace that vibrates certain walls all the time even when they're seperated by a couple floors. Just like MK there is probably an entire area below each resort for doing laundry, etc.

Nope.. nothing down there. Pop's laundry and service area is across the road.. sort of positioned between CBR and POP.

The buildings are on a concrete pad.. Nothing underneath. And even if there were a basement.. it would have to be something pretty neat to vibrate JUST the coat hangers and not the walls or floor.. two stories above the basement.

:)

Knox

Last September(at POR), the toilet in our hotel room flushed by itself one night. Twice in a row! It was so funny, I told my sis, "Go look! Go look!" and she was telling me "No, YOU go look!":lmao: In a way, it makes sense..I'm sure it was just a former DISer who has crossed over to the other side. Hey, maybe that's what heaven is..a never ending WDW trip!:thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

That would be nice about heaven being a never ending WDW Trip....one can only hope...:wizard:

Nope, there is nothing below Pop...

sorry....:goodvibes

I'm glad you posted this. Last May we were staying at Coronado Springs and one night my daughter fell out of her bed pretty hard. She is 11 and never falls out of bed. I woke up and got her back into bed. Right after that I heard a loud thump and then crying in the room next to us. It sounded like the child in the room next to us had fallen out of bed, too. I didn't think it was a coincidence. Very weird...but true.

That is strange.....:scared1:

Really???

Going to have to google that.....sounds awesome!!

Notice you are going on your first trip to Disney, is it the first time for as a family or have you never been before?

You are going at a great time and are going to have blast!!!!

The lights at MGM are amazing!!!!
This is the entire family's first trip to WDW. I grew up in So. Ca and have been to DL way too many times to count at least 50. But this is a whole new ball game. Anyway the Roosevelt (now it's a Radisson Roosevelt) was very popular in Hollywood's hayday. It was the place to be seen. Actually it was where the first Academy Awards took place. It is quite the hotel...and I have some stories that I find hard to believe...and I lived them.:scared1:

I wish Disney would make a hotel themed like Tower of Terror....That would be so awesome!!!!

:thumbsup2

Oh me too!!!! That was what I told my husband the first time we went through the ride que.

I actually turned our guest room into a Haunted Mansion room.

I had a lot of fun doing it. I kept most of it "period" with a few cheap fun things thrown in. It has an old antique bed set complete with marble toped dresser and tables. The curtains and bed spread are a heavy burgundy fabric. I have gargoyle trim around the top of the ceiling. To the side is a fainting couch with caved bird back. An amour with a skeleton inside. One of those floating heads in a ball things that is motion activated. The lighting is old antique lamps, one of which is rigged with a device that makes the lights flicker with sound... oh and several dozen other little surprises tucked around.

Needless to say it would have to be a close friend or another Haunted Mansion fan staying over. :rotfl2:

Oh and it doesn't hurt that the room and bath are upstairs...alone. BOOOOO!

Little Known Fact:

The original plans for the Tower of Terror included a portion of the building that extended OUTside the park and was an actual functioning hotel.

This was scaled back and then removed as the attraction development proceeded.

Knox

Little Known Fact:

The original plans for the Tower of Terror included a portion of the building that extended OUTside the park and was an actual functioning hotel.

Knox

Really cool fact. Thanks!!!!!!

Little Known Fact:

Knox

thats cool!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter