Haunted Mansion Refurb - Jan 21 to Late March/Early April

Man if the refurb does last until the end of March I’m going to be really bummed. I could take or leave Indy but HM is a must do

Well that's a bummer for our March trip. I mean I know it's refurbishment time and all (which is why I try to go in the summer) but this one will be difficult to miss. I hope Indy doesn't go down till late March at least.

For the record I called and spoke to someone and was told each refurb was only for 6 weeks. That frustrates me more than anything. There's no way the snow white refurb will be done in 6 weeks.

This is why I only do summer or holidays- I’d be hysterical if one of my favorite rides were down.

Just a general refresh? I wonder why it’s going to take so long. I suppose the attraction is huge- even a refresh takes awhile?

I’m super bummed about this! Intellectually I know that refurbishment season starts in January, but I still wasn’t prepared for it!

Noooooo! I was really looking forward to getting to see regular haunted mansion for my 25th wedding anniversary in February.... I really thought this was one ride I wouldn't have to worry about being available for our trip. I even got the after dark tickets expecting HM would be available, urgh... now I regret getting those with so many rides being unavailable.

Perhaps they’re expecting those SWGE crowds to finally come next summer now that Rise of the Resistance will be open. Seems like a lot of major refurbishments at once?

Perhaps they’re expecting those SWGE crowds to finally come next summer now that Rise of the Resistance will be open. Seems like a lot of major refurbishments at once?
I feel like last year during refurb season many things were under construction. The castle, Indy went down for a few weeks, Space Mountain, Grizzly, Silly Symphony Swings, Fantasmic, World of Color. Those are off the top of my head. We all cited that Disney is expecting huge crowds for Star Wars so everything needed to be ready (LOL). I honestly think this is just normal for winter and spring.

If Haunted Mansion is going to be down in April along with Snow White and Indy, they'll have room for 4 more people at SWGE, because we won't be going. Totally sucks because we have a great rate at the Grand Californian and I'll have to pay huge change fees to JetBlue. But it's my own fault. It's why we've only been to Disneyland once. Every time we plan a trip, 2 months out, they start dropping refurb announcements left and right. And that is where I think Disney loses many out of town guests in Anaheim. It's a long way to fly for most people to find multiple rides closed down, especially ones they don't have in Florida. I get that most guests are locals so these refurbs don't mean much, but for those traveling to Disneyland, I really think it's a crap way to treat people.

ETA: Just spoke with guest relations again since I knew the person I spoke to last night was clueless. Add King Arthur's Carousel to the refurb list for April.

Last edited:
Every time we plan a trip, 2 months out, they start dropping refurb announcements left and right.

Refurbishments are a deal breaker for me too, you should try going in the summer instead when everything is open! We always go the middle of August and have found it’s not nearly that crowded that time of year. Hot though but not as crowded as July.

We all cited that Disney is expecting huge crowds for Star Wars so everything needed to be ready (LOL). I honestly think this is just normal for winter and spring.

I forgot about the castle last year! Yeah, you’re probably right. Just comes with the territory for that time of year.

when does the official list of refurbishment come out? We finally locked in our dates, spring break, March 23-27. When we went in 2014 Indy and pirates and many others were closed down. If too many go down it’s a deal breaker for us. We have only been twice before so we don’t go often. I was hoping spring break wouldn’t have many refurbishments since it’s a busy time.

I forgot about the castle last year! Yeah, you’re probably right. Just comes with the territory for that time of year.

Spring break?

I mean, January and February I get. And sometimes refurbs do take more than a cleaning and fixing. But 4 rides (and I'd bet my paycheck there will be more) at one time? Any time of year, that's just complete disregard for the guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!