Haunted Mansion problem today

We actually got stuck on HM for about 15 minutes total. However, it was in two different spots. The first was at the dancing scene for about 5 to 8 minutes. It was great. It really gave me a chance to take in all of the detail

And the second was in the grave yard. I was in my glory and hoping it would last longer.

Unless your in danger, enjoy getting stuck on a ride in Disney. There is so much detail you can never take in just going through it once.

Stuck on Haunted Mansion, or...Working....

STUCK ON HAUNTED MANSION! Definitely the winner! ;)

Posted by Selina4Disney

STUCK ON HAUNTED MANSION! Definitely the winner!

Wow. You sound just like me.

I always say to my wife. A boring day at Disney is better then an exciting day at work.

I am so addicted to the atmosphere at Disney I can just sit there and take in the sites. I don't need to be on an attraction or do anything special. Just taking in the background music and watching all those happy faces go by is good enough for me.

So needless to say getting stuck on an attraction is not a negative at all. In fact it is kind of like a bonus for me. : )

I remember we got stuck on Carousel of Progress one year. We heared that song about 7 times in one scene. >.<

Wow. You sound just like me.

I always say to my wife. A boring day at Disney is better then an exciting day at work.

I am so addicted to the atmosphere at Disney I can just sit there and take in the sites. I don't need to be on an attraction or do anything special. Just taking in the background music and watching all those happy faces go by is good enough for me.

So needless to say getting stuck on an attraction is not a negative at all. In fact it is kind of like a bonus for me. : )

You UNDERSTAND! You do! That is exactly how I feel! I just like to BE there. My DH goes as many times as I ask him to, but he gets bored. The last trip by the end of Day 1 (and mind you, we didn't land till 11:30am and and it was 2:30pm before we got to a park) by 5:30 (that's THREE WHOLE PARK HOURS!) he said, "What else is there to do?" I know it was going to be a long week.

I have never seen anyone so happy as when I say I am going with my son and grandson, my mom, my grown daughter...anyone else so that he knows he doesn't have to go. I called him and told him there was free dining probably going to be extended till Dec (hoping for a "you should book us!") and all I got was a grunt---and if I could have seen him I am sure I'd have seen him shudder. He doesn't "get" it, and to him, he has done it all and feels no need to go back.

I must say too I find it a bonus to get stuck...I can see more details I missed on the ride, no matter how many times we ride rides I see something new each time. Especially the HM!

Last November we were stuck on the first incline up into Splash Mountain for over 30 minutes! I honestly thought my neck was going to snap. There is no head support. It was physical torture!
Disney should have given us massages after that one.
We didn't even get a return fast pass. Ugh.
-Sarah

I can totally sympathize with you...the same thing happened to us!
Being stuck when you're sitting upright is one thing - but getting stuck on the incline was HORRIBLE!:scared:

they FREAK OUT way to easy.

Maybe, maybe not.. That's a considerable length of time to be stuck - and in the dark no less.. Depends on the person..

For me it would definitely be "freak out" time.. Why? Because I have claustrophobia - which then turns into a panic attack - which then makes it even harder for me to breathe than my health-related breathing issues all ready are.. I would likely be the one they would have to call the paramedics for..:sad2:

So before people jump to conclusions here, you might want to consider if this mom and/or her child had a legitimate reason to "freak out"..:upsidedow

Posted by Selina4Disney
You UNDERSTAND! You do! That is exactly how I feel! I just like to BE there. My DH goes as many times as I ask him to, but he gets bored. The last trip by the end of Day 1 (and mind you, we didn't land till 11:30am and and it was 2:30pm before we got to a park) by 5:30 (that's THREE WHOLE PARK HOURS!) he said, "What else is there to do?" I know it was going to be a long week.

I have never seen anyone so happy as when I say I am going with my son and grandson, my mom, my grown daughter...anyone else so that he knows he doesn't have to go. I called him and told him there was free dining probably going to be extended till Dec (hoping for a "you should book us!") and all I got was a grunt---and if I could have seen him I am sure I'd have seen him shudder. He doesn't "get" it, and to him, he has done it all and feels no need to go back.

It usually goes like this. My wife has grown to like it, but she has had enough. Whereas I honestly don't think I can ever get enough of this place. It just makes me so happy that I love to go back just for the atmosphere and the memories it has given me over the years.

I remember one trip there was a guy sitting in the gift shop while talking on the cell phone saying to the person on the other end that he was stuck in Disney Hell. Wow. I was amazed how someone can feel that way about being in Disney.

There are two types of people. Disney people and non-Disney people. Thank God I'm a beliver in the magic.

We got stuck, for half an hour, on Test Track, in the freezing cold "ice" room. Everyone had on sleeveless tops with no sweaters among us. That was the LONGEST stuck time I've ever endured.

We got stuck for over an hour on the People Mover in the Space Mountain part. I took a nap! Then the CM's came by, woke us all up and we had to walk along the tracks to get out. Got one free FP. ugh

Honestly, being stuck on HM wouldn't be that bad;excepet if you have someone waiting for you outside and wondering why you aren't coming out. I would have probably taken a nap in the nice AC.

When I was 5 I got stuck at the very top of a double farris wheel. I can't remember how long exactly, but a nasty storm came in, strong winds with black clouds. The tornado sirens were going off the damn thing was swaying sideways in the rain :scared1:

Last year I went on a smaller wheel at Dollywood and started to have a panic attack. I kept my eyes closed and said I would never ride another one again!!!!!!!!

To this day, I get goosebumps just loooking at one.

Same here! When I was a kid, my dad & I got stuck at the top. I almost fell out of it. I never rode something that high ever again. I can still remember that ferris wheel. :scared1:

We actually got stuck on HM for about 15 minutes total. However, it was in two different spots. The first was at the dancing scene for about 5 to 8 minutes. It was great. It really gave me a chance to take in all of the detail

And the second was in the grave yard. I was in my glory and hoping it would last longer.

Unless your in danger, enjoy getting stuck on a ride in Disney. There is so much detail you can never take in just going through it once.

We had the exact same experience (July 11 this year). I thought it was interesting that yours was exactly like ours. :thumbsup2

I guess I'm repeating myself... An hour would be a long time if it was your once in a lifetime trip to WDW and you had limited time. I agree with many of you in that I love Disney and don't mind getting stuck for a while to take in the detail. But that's only because I've been so many times and I know I'll be back - I'm obsessed with the details :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter