Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I'm still trying to decide whether or not to try for a ticket. If I do, I'm not sure if there's a strategy to getting one besides clicking as fast as you can. If you get through, do they assign you a day, or do you choose which day you want? If you choose, is it more likely most will go for the first event date? If the ticket sellers choose for you and you're trying to go with someone else, that means your friend might get the other night. It's very confusing.

ETA: I see it says "Choose your date to celebrate" so I assume that means you pick a date, so that still leaves the question about whether people will be more likely to choose one over the other.

We have decided not to try even though we will be there that week. It just isn't worth it to us to try for two tickets (plus I will be in meetings all day and wouldn't be able to try at all) and our main goal this trip is to try and get into SWGE and do as much as we can.

Some of that merch looks awesome! At that ticket price, though, I'm guessing it's going to be some diehard fans and then a bunch of people who are just going to scalp the merch. :guilty:

So they are using Queue-It for this event. Which is probably better than constant website crashes. But combining that with the limit of 1 ticket, it's going to be pretty hard for groups to get everyone registered, I think. I guess you'll know right away, if someone's "randomly assigned" spot is too low to feel comfortable that you are going to be successful and then everyone can bail.

I'm trying, just because it's cheaper for me to pay for the event, and go with a friend and split the hotel, than if my DH and I plan a trip to DL. Since we only need one park pass, not 2, and can split the hotel instead of paying it all. I haven't been to DL since 2015, so I want to go. And I've never done an event, or overnight thingy. #justifications

So it will give you a queue number?

I see now. I wish we knew exactly how many tickets. They took out the 999 guests sentence.

So it will give you a queue number?

I see now. I wish we knew exactly how many tickets. They took out the 999 guests sentence.
When I got in like there was close to 3000 people ahead of me. A new pop up just appears red that says 95% of tickets are still available and I’m now down to 1893

Got tickets!!! it's 10:20am and it says there are still 80% of tickets left. We are going Aug 8-9

The process was super easy and no glitches.

I'm in with 2 of my daughters. I was 554th in line when it started. I was surprised that i didn't have to click anything; when the countdown hit zero, it just assigned me the spot.

Yeah...I just went in and bought 2 tickets since they were still available. I couldn't help it!
I caved as well. I also want to go to the Halloween party and I just purchased two annual passes yesterday. Somebody needs to stop me!! I was actually thinking of just holding onto the AP's for a year since I'm doing these special events. Maybe I'll hold off on activating them for as long as I can.

We have decided not to try even though we will be there that week. It just isn't worth it to us to try for two tickets (plus I will be in meetings all day and wouldn't be able to try at all) and our main goal this trip is to try and get into SWGE and do as much as we can.

lol - my niece texted me about this at 8:30 this morning. For haha's a little after 10am we decided to veify it sold out. Figured we wouldn't even bother trying since we needed 3 tickets and didn't want to risk not getting them all. It hadn't. Lots of availability. And suddenly we have a trip in August. :rotfl2:

lol - my niece texted me about this at 8:30 this morning. For haha's a little after 10am we decided to veify it sold out. Figured we wouldn't even bother trying since we needed 3 tickets and didn't want to risk not getting them all. It hadn't. Lots of availability. And suddenly we have a trip in August. :rotfl2:

Yeah I thought for sure when I got out of my meeting they would be sold out. I was surprised how easy it was to get the 2 tickets I needed. Guess it's time to start filling out the merchandise sheet. :hmghost::hmghost::hmghost:

Husband and I going on Thursday. Woot. That was actually pretty painless. I hope that doesn't mean too many people. Oh well. Now to plan!

Yeah...I just went in and bought 2 tickets since they were still available. I couldn't help it!
Lol, no judgement here. If tickets are still available the week of, I would probably get one. I can better assess how I feel closer to the event. Right now I'm at a "No Way!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!