Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Compare the first announcement with the second. The 999 was taken off the announcement. I’ve seen a couple of places, vlogs, Twitter, etc that day 4000 a night. I could not get Disney to confirm the number before the tickets went on sale so it isn’t 999 because they would have promoted that.

Anyone thinking about costumes? I’ve always wanted to dress up, just concerned about weather and mobility.

I feel like 8000 people total is going to make merchandise very hard to come by and that’s honestly a good portion of the reason why I’m even going. Idk if I would have registered knowing 8000 people would be attending.

Neither night has sold out that this point. Frankly we are disappointed to find that it isn’t as exclusive an event as advertised. I watch many vlogs and I’ve seen many of the after hour events blogged down with long food and character lines. And it states that attractions will not be running to the end of the event. Don’t even get me started about the merch situation. Crossing my fingers that I will be pleasantly surprised, but most after hour event have the run of the park, not just 7 attractions. New Orleans Square is going to be very busy.

I am going to super pissed when I read about it said 999 each night. IF it 8000 that is ridiculous.
chris

I've been looking into it and apparently the 999 people was in information that was released before Disney officially announced anything and when they finally officially announced it, the part was removed. That's frustrating to me. I guess they never officially said that but that's what I thought was the truth when I got my ticket. I just want to be able to get the merchandise I'm going for, and to be able to enjoy the party without feeling like anything I try to do will take 2 hours.

I've been looking into it and apparently the 999 people was in information that was released before Disney officially announced anything and when they finally officially announced it, the part was removed. That's frustrating to me. I guess they never officially said that but that's what I thought was the truth when I got my ticket. I just want to be able to get the merchandise I'm going for, and to be able to enjoy the party without feeling like anything I try to do will take 2 hours.

I can totally understand that. It would be nice too tho, if food and parking were included. And one had more time than 3 hours to enjoy the entire experience.

This is disappointing information. I won't be happy AT ALL if I feel I was tricked into buying tickets for a "special event" that turns out to be just a densely crowded money grab. I was happy to think it would have limited attendance, special activities, and fun merchandise for the event but it seems that may have been my wishful thinking and not the reality. But I've already purchased tickets and am going with 2 daughters so we'll figure out something fun to wear, make the best of it and have a good time.

I can totally understand that. It would be nice too tho, if food and parking were included. And one had more time than 3 hours to enjoy the entire experience.

I was thinking it too would be nice to have a discounted rate for hotel rooms too since that night you will likely not be in your room much.

I was on & waited patiently for my turn in the queue. Went back & forth over which date to book. Got as far as the payment page & finally decided it wasn't worth the $ to me for a day of waiting in an endless merchandise line & a 3 hour after hours event with limited rides & probably huge crowds. I'll probably regret it at a later date but I guess I'm just getting too old for these kinds of events. I would have needed park tickets, airfare & a hotel room. Hopefully I'll be able to get the items I'm interested in online after the events.

The admission into the park for the event is included. If you are wanting to visit before then, yes, a separate admission ticket or AP will be required. Parking isn't included, nor food in the after hours event.
It's interesting to see how quickly the packages were sold out for the 40th anniversary of the HM, but for the 50th tickets are still available. It speaks volumes don't you think so?

We'll be dressing up, but no ideas yet in what way. I do have a pair of HM wallpaper design leggings. I used to have a complete HM ensemble I put together but I got rid of most of it!

It'll probably be warm in August (usually, but it's been a cool spring, so ?) - I was just looking at options. I know the event page encourages costumes, but I'm more of bounding girl. Plus with the D23 Expo highlighting the HM just two weeks after this, something that can be worn to both would be nice. ;)

The admission into the park for the event is included. If you are wanting to visit before then, yes, a separate admission ticket or AP will be required. Parking isn't included, nor food in the after hours event.
It's interesting to see how quickly the packages were sold out for the 40th anniversary of the HM, but for the 50th tickets are still available. It speaks volumes don't you think so?
I know admission for the event is included but since I'm not local making the trip would mean I would stay for a few days so I would need park admission for the other days I would be there. I attended the 40th for HM and it was crazy & crowded enough. The 50th anniversary for DL itself was totally insane. The D23 expos are a total disaster. As I was waiting online the other day watching the countdown for availability I figured this was going to be way more crowded than the 40th HM event was. WDW Special events over the years has been able to gauge the correct limits for how many guest to reasonably allow at their special events. My experiences with DL Special events is the more tickets they sell the more they make & they have no concept of reasonable crowd control and they don't really seem to care to make the events a great experience. I've heard reports for most special events @ DL to be out of control & way overcrowded.

Now I'm kinda feeling cheated.

We decided to go, bought plane tickets and a room already. For an event that is supposed to be 999 people. Stuff is LE 999. We figured it was a 50 / 50 chance to get it, but now it's a 1 in 8?

More importantly, a 3 hour party? with 4000 people? what is the line gonna be to get a photo? Use the props?

If Disney is going to make such a drastic change, they needed to have made it clear that they were doing it, and they need to add stuff so that the whole thing doesn't become glue. Meanwhile it is Wednesday, almost a week after these tickets went on sale and they're still available? How many are really gonna show up?

Am I gonna have to stand in line for an hour to ride Haunted Mansion once? It can handle what, 3000 people an hour? 9000 trips for the 3 hour "event" and 4000 attending?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter