Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I am going the first day; though not a vlogger I will try my best to report back to this thread. Our plan is to hit the parks Wed morning until lunch then head over to the DLH to check in to the event and hopefully get our pre-purchased merch. Then hit up either TT or TS for lunch and a drink before heading to our hotel to nap until evening. Then dinner and line up for the event. After that, no idea what will happen.

And then maybe a drink at the Craftsman Bar, since it’s only open until 5:00!

I bought the 3 hitchhiking ghosts and the hatbox ghost in the parks (and paid park prices) We were in line at Disney Springs to get the doombuggy ride one and they sold out. Guy that bought one of the last boxes didn't miss a beat started hocking the case he bought at $100 a piece.

I need Leota, and I saw the dapper dan ones from d23 that just might be mine one day soon.......

In fact, that Leota pop is how we found out about this. We went to a trading event in Portland and asked about it. Nobody knew when Leota was coming out. The next day we were sent the link......

How is everyone planning to get to and from the park the night of the event? I’ve got 2 hotels booked. One (Fairfield inn) is close (walking distance) and the other isn’t but much cheaper even when I add in paying for parking at Disney. Trying to decide if it would be safe enough to walk back at 4am.

How is everyone planning to get to and from the park the night of the event? I’ve got 2 hotels booked. One (Fairfield inn) is close (walking distance) and the other isn’t but much cheaper even when I add in paying for parking at Disney. Trying to decide if it would be safe enough to walk back at 4am.
Since this happened to coincide with our already planned trip we will be staying at the GCH. I am not sure what Harbor will be like at 4am though to walk back to the Fairfield.

I have a reservation at Candy Cane Inn. I'm a little hesitant about it though there are 3 of us. I do have free parking at Disney but are the lots open that late? Too bad we're going the other way on Harbor or we could walk together.

I have a reservation at Candy Cane Inn. I'm a little hesitant about it though there are 3 of us. I do have free parking at Disney but are the lots open that late? Too bad we're going the other way on Harbor or we could walk together.

I'm assuming they will have SOMETHING open for parking for an event like this, but it's probably worth calling and double checking. It may be only one lot. I mean... they'll probably let you know at check-in at the DLH, but that seems a little last minute.

@DizMe The ticket page actually references that Parking Fees are not included in the purchase price, so I'd assume that the structure(s) will be open.

However, we all know what happens with assumptions. I'd call them!
Disneyland Phone Directory

Edited to tag the right poster. ;)

Last edited:
I just called Disney about parking. She didn't have an exact answer but said that for all after hour events that they have parking available. She's going to make some calls and confirm. Probably won't hear back until next week due to the holiday. I'll be sure to ask about transportation to/ from the parking garage.

I'm going to hang on to both of my hotel reservations and until we get more info( Might still look for other deals). I have until 48 hours before my reservations to cancel. My gut says to drive to the park for the event no matter where I stay but it might be nice to be able to walk to the park the other times I head to the park.

That's so nice of you! I'm most likely going to drive - going with my gut on what will make me feel safe. I had forgotten all about looking at rates for Candy Cane Inn. It's usually out of my price range but this time the rates are comparable to Fairfield Inn and it comes with free parking. So changed my reservation to stay there. I'm all about looking for a deal so we'll see if I keep it or find something cheaper. :) I guess there is a benefit of Disneyland not being as busy as it normally has been.

That's so nice of you! I'm most likely going to drive - going with my gut on what will make me feel safe. I had forgotten all about looking at rates for Candy Cane Inn. It's usually out of my price range but this time the rates are comparable to Fairfield Inn and it comes with free parking. So changed my reservation to stay there. I'm all about looking for a deal so we'll see if I keep it or find something cheaper. :) I guess there is a benefit of Disneyland not being as busy as it normally has been.
Oh, cool! We could walk together if you want. CCI has a free shuttle but I doubt very much that it runs at 4 AM! When I was checking hotel rates, CCI came up as one of the most reasonable for me. I have other trips and this was a quick decision to go to the HM thing so I'm trying not to spend too much on hotel. I'll be with at least one of my daughters, probably both. One goes to college nearby but probably doesn't want to drive home after the event. I'll be with her big sis as well.

I will be there the second night! It was my birthday present from my husband. At that ticket price I am going solo. So I get to fly out and spend the 2 nights and a day at the parks and then a day at the party. Staying at Fairfield in (and also a bit nervous of the late night walk alone as a younger female)

A bit nervous also because I have never been to Disneyland solo and never been to an event solo so just a bit afraid of how to maximize fun by myself since I can be shy introducing myself (but love to chat after that!)

Either way-I am a huge Haunted Mansion (and Disneyland!!) fan and looking forward to my trip! I really do hope there is some special stuff at this even to make it worthwhile for my husband to fly me out and get tickets, plane, and hotel!

Oh, cool! We could walk together if you want. CCI has a free shuttle but I doubt very much that it runs at 4 AM! When I was checking hotel rates, CCI came up as one of the most reasonable for me. I have other trips and this was a quick decision to go to the HM thing so I'm trying not to spend too much on hotel. I'll be with at least one of my daughters, probably both. One goes to college nearby but probably doesn't want to drive home after the event. I'll be with her big sis as well.
Thank you - I'll send you a DM closer to the event.

Last edited:
I will be there the second night! It was my birthday present from my husband. At that ticket price I am going solo. So I get to fly out and spend the 2 nights and a day at the parks and then a day at the party. Staying at Fairfield in (and also a bit nervous of the late night walk alone as a younger female)

A bit nervous also because I have never been to Disneyland solo and never been to an event solo so just a bit afraid of how to maximize fun by myself since I can be shy introducing myself (but love to chat after that!)

Either way-I am a huge Haunted Mansion (and Disneyland!!) fan and looking forward to my trip! I really do hope there is some special stuff at this even to make it worthwhile for my husband to fly me out and get tickets, plane, and hotel!
I'm going solo as well and would be happy to meet up in Disneyland if you get lonely. You can DM me and I'll give you phone number.

I'm going solo as well and would be happy to meet up in Disneyland if you get lonely. You can DM me and I'll give you phone number.

Thank you Pamela. So kind. Would love to meet and hang out with a fellow Disneyland lover! We can make plans and coordinate as time gets closer! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter