Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

I checked out the RSP for the D23 Expo. Although there aren't any exact replicas of the items for this event and that one, there's a lot of overlap with the artists. Some of the prints/graphics are the same but offered in a different format. I wonder if the artists just made a batch of items and Disney split them. There's a Harvey's bag of Leota that would really complement the one in our RSP.

I checked out the RSP for the D23 Expo. Although there aren't any exact replicas of the items for this event and that one, there's a lot of overlap with the artists. Some of the prints/graphics are the same but offered in a different format. I wonder if the artists just made a batch of items and Disney split them. There's a Harvey's bag of Leota that would really complement the one in our RSP.

There probably will be a few more HM items a total the Expo - the Sorcerers RSP list isn’t exhaustive. There are usually more items at the event.

That Leota bag is amazing.

So I went to do my merch and I have a question.

I add all this stuff on there and then give them a card to charge for it. Fine.

But I chose between 2 pin sets that I want, pick one, it's sold out before I can get one. I get neither. I add both sets and I might end up being charged for both...... my budget is one or the other. These are both $100 plus.

Someone earlier in the thread said that you can decline the purchase.

I am working off that, but it does not say that on the Disney site.

In the end, they have made a system that discourages me from buying as much as I would have.

I've been working on the assumption that if you are chosen, you must purchase. On the plus side for me, I've limited my impulse purchases. If any are available the day of, I'll buy it then.

But I chose between 2 pin sets that I want, pick one, it's sold out before I can get one. I get neither. I add both sets and I might end up being charged for both...... my budget is one or the other. These are both $100 plus.
Reach out to the Events Team for clarification, they are super responsive.

Last edited:
So glad I read this. I thought we could decline if we receive duplicates. I'll reach out, but if someone gets clarification first, please post the reply! Eek, I turned in duplicate requests between my husband and I to increase our odds. I don't want double of everything.

I feel like I didn't really take advantage of this. I am not a re-seller, but I can shake the feeling that somewhere there I could have recouped the cost of the party with a few smart choices.

I was told we will get to remove things once your told what you get. I also asked if you could return clothing items if you didn't like them once you tried them on - they said you could return at the merch pick up area.

I just got the email about extra items being offered. Did you get that? it's shirt & mug that is similar to what was offered to pass holders only.

I like the new purple version over the gold. Thanks for the information. We are getting close. So curious. Wonder when they will close this to additional ticket sales. I guess never if it doesn't sell out, but how would they handle the requests from new ticketholders?

absent any chance at the merchandise and the fact that this is only a 3 hour party at $100 an hour, I don't see them selling a whole lot. Plus it isn't easy to find unless you have a link. I gave up trying to find it the other day.

LOL, same...I can barely stay awake past 10pm anymore. Plus, knowing I could buy a Flex Pass for the same price as 2 tickets to this event is a tough pill to swallow.

Same. No way I could have a full day and have anything left in me at 1am.

I asked the same question and was told via email from the event that you will have a chance to review you order/make changes before you are charged.

So for typical RSPs (for their Disney pin events), you do a RSP and are awarded the item(s). Then theres a deadline to decline the item and after that deadline passes, your credit card on file will be charged for the remaining items

Am I missing something - just tried to go into my order and add the Tumbler #230 and I don't see it in the drop down list. Anyone able to order either the shirt or tumblr under the special order tab?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter