Has this ever happened to you?

PrincessDana

Mouseketeer
Have you ever made a PS for several months in advance and then found out the restaurant was closing?

I made a PS for the Concourse Steakhouse in September...but with all the rumors about the restaurant closing, I'm wondering if I should change it to something else. I don't want to get a call a week before we leave with news that the restaurant is closed, and then be unable to find somewhere else to book a PS last minute.

I'm torn about what to do....I really wanted to try the Concourse Steakhouse.

Anybody with previous experience or had this happen? Surely they wouldn't have let me make a PS if the restaurant would be closed, right? :confused3

No, but I made reservations at a resort once and then it closed. This was at POR. What's funny is that I first heard about the closing here on the DIS boards, and when I called CRO, the CM had to put me on hold to check it out (probably had to log on here!) to confirm that it would close! As far as Concourse Steakhouse is concerned, I thought it was moving in October. I'm also going to WDW in September, was thinking of making ADRs at Concourse Steakhouse for that time.

I would suggest that you make another ADR for another resturant- perhaps Kona since it is close by and excellent steaks too , then when your trip gets closer you can check again about the Concourse Steakhouse and cancel one or the other at that time.

Bev

I would suggest that you make another ADR for another resturant- perhaps Kona since it is close by and excellent steaks too , then when your trip gets closer you can check again about the Concourse Steakhouse and cancel one or the other at that time.

Bev
Bev, this is completely contrary to Disney policy and if Disney discovered the double booking they could cancel one of them.

OP, at this point I wouldn't worry about it. Generally, when Disney plans a restaurant rehab they will notify the reservations department far enough out in advace to stop any reservations being taken for the down times.

Yes, you can make ADRs for restaurants & then they end up being closed. Happened to me a couple of years ago with 50s Prime Time Cafe. I knew about the closing from the boards so I called to make a different ADR, but I never even got a call about needing to change it. Maybe they hadn't gotten to me yet. I do recall some folks posting they got calls about it. But it was very close to arrival & agree that trying to make another ADR would be difficult.

I have an ADR for July & really hope we'll get another chance to enjoy the food on the Concourse.

Bev, this is completely contrary to Disney policy and if Disney discovered the double booking they could cancel one of them.

You know, people say this but I have neither ever been told this when making ADRs or seen it written anywhere. Am I missing something?

You can have someone else in your party call and make the 2nd "emergency" reservation, like your spouse, and give their cell number as the contact number. Since reservations are made and tracked with your phone number, they won't know that it's for the same party. If you are staying onsite, have your spouse say they are staying offsite. Of course, if your original restaurant turns out to be available, you should cancel the 2nd "emergency" reservation as your trip approaches. I wouldn't recommend doing this except in a case like this where you might get shut out. So no flames regarding cheating the system please!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter