has grocery delivery changed during COVID?

wdwluver

DIS Veteran
Hi, All,

We finally took the plunge and purchased DVC a year ago. Our first stay will be next week and we will be staying at AKV Kidani. We will not have a car and would like to order grocery delivery. The only time I ordered grocery delivery before in the past was MANY years ago when we stayed at the Cabins. At that time, the food was delivered directly to our cabin before we arrived.

How do things work now? If I order in advance, will they deliver it to our villa, will we need to meet the delivery person in the lobby and carry things to our villa ourselves? Would it even make sense to order in advance or should we just order when we arrive? Thanks so much for any info you can provide or thread to point me to.

Hi, All,

We finally took the plunge and purchased DVC a year ago. Our first stay will be next week and we will be staying at AKV Kidani. We will not have a car and would like to order grocery delivery. The only time I ordered grocery delivery before in the past was MANY years ago when we stayed at the Cabins. At that time, the food was delivered directly to our cabin before we arrived.

How do things work now? If I order in advance, will they deliver it to our villa, will we need to meet the delivery person in the lobby and carry things to our villa ourselves? Would it even make sense to order in advance or should we just order when we arrive? Thanks so much for any info you can provide or thread to point me to.

Congratulations and Welcome home!! Your groceries will be delivered to bell service and stored until you request delivery to your room or you can walk down and pick them up yourself to avoid the fee. If you order any alcohol you will need to meet the delivery person. We order from Prime Now and place the order at the airport to be delivered at some point later that evening.

We just finished a week at WDW.

We did a Amazon Now order for the week, 2 hour delivery for pop, water, room snacks, quick breakfast items. This went very well. $5 Amazon fee + $5 Amazon delivery tip. I had it delivered to the hotel bell services. So then I also tipped bell services $5. I figured having pop ($5 / 12-pack) and water ($4 / 20-pack) more than made up for the Disney prices of pop and bottled water ($4 / per bottle). You can take your own bottled water into the parks.

Does Wal Mart grocery deliver? I'm going to be staying at AKKV and was thinking of getting some cold stuff delivered? I could probably just pack it in an ice chest since we are driving however, but it's at least 8 hour drive without stops so I figured a delivery may be easier.

It has been more difficult to book delivery windows (at least it has here at home), so I’d advise ordering as soon as you can to get the time you want.

Anything to add here? I have friends arriving in Kidani on a Sunday in December. I won’t be there on arrival day.

Any recommendations?

Anything to add here? I have friends arriving in Kidani on a Sunday in December. I won’t be there on arrival day.

Any recommendations?

If you're staying only at that resort, you're ok. Its better to be there to accept the delivery than not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter