Has anyone used Lumber Liquidators???

shellyfive

Mouseketeer
We are looking to replace carpet in our family room, and see the commercials all the time----we were interested in Bella woods anyway--and the prices seem great....Is it a cash and carry store,or do the send it to your home??
We have a friend who is a contractor who is going to put it in, so we don't need that. I was wondering if the plank prices were good, but the trim/edge/finishing pieces were pricer to make up the difference.
Has anyone had Bella wood flooring put in and they hate it???
We do have lots of kids and dogs, and I do realize that it will scratch.....but does anyone have horror stories about this place or this type???
:confused3:confused3:confused3

We have bought from Lumber Liquidators in the past. We have put in 3 floors, but not the Bella Wood, it was a laminate wood floor. They accept CC, not just cash. They have a wide variety to choose from. But don't expect great costumer service, they mostly work with contractors and home owners have a tendency to get lost. What I mean is home owners don't get as great of service as contractors do. Expect your flooring to take longer than they say it will arrive. It happened to me all 3 times and at 2 different stores. I would buy from there again, because they have great prices, but wouldn't take it personally that they treated me like crap!! I didn't have the floor delivered I picked it up every time. Just my $.02.

I have used Lumber Liquidators. We had an issue with their bookkeeping in terms of what we had and had not picked up but when we showed them our paperwork we had no issues convincing them we still needed part of our order. I think I remember another dis'er having the same issue, but overall we were happy with the product and price.

Upromise offered cash back at the time so that was a nice chunk of change too.

my parents used them in MN up in the Twin Cities are. They we very impressed with both the service and quality of the flooring. The store even gave them extra wood flooring at no cost because they ordered too much. They did not get the Bella wood though. my dad put it in last summer and I think it looks great!

We bought flooring from them--one of the cheapest laminates they had. It looked way better than I would have ever expected and it has a 10 year warranty. We bought it initially for a room addition at 49 cents per sq ft then went back and bought more for additional parts of the house for 69 cents so for about $600 I am covering approx. 1000 sq ft. I spent another $100 at Lowe's for the underlayment. I haven't bought the trim pieces but I don't expect them to break the bank when I do. We have always taken it with us since it was in stock and DH has been laying it himself.

Also I found the guys here in our store very helpful including looking up my first purchase when I went back to buy more.

my mom and dad have built 5 houses in the past 10 years and everytime they order their flooring from Lumber Liquidators (they do wide pine flooring) We also bought laminate flooring from them for our house. Personally, I'm not sure I'd do laminate wood floors again... they just don't look "real" to me. (they clean great and we've got 3 dogs and a 4 year old and they haven't scratched one bit)
I think LL service is terrific...they're very helpful, fast, and the price was fantastic. I don't think you'll be sorry at all.

We also bought from the LL store in the Twin Cities. We went to both, the north and south suburbs ones, and had great service at both. We were "just homeowners" but they answered any and all questions for us and were very flexible in our pick-up arrangements. Everything was explained very well, gave us several samples, and their prices were second to none. I am particularly fond of them as we'd been to several "high-end" flooring stores, looking at Hickory. The guy at LL was the first to say "Have you seen what they look like after installation?" Well, Hickory yellows when exposed to light. I hated it. He sent me home with samples and instructions on "aging" them, and ended up with a dark cherry that actually got better from the sunlight. If I had spent hundreds on a floor and no-one mentioned it yellows, I would not have been a happy camper! :mad:

It's funny this topic came up today. Right after I posted earlier, I got the mail in. It had a postcard from LL--big sale starting Mar 18 (midnight-online, 8am-in store)

We bought flooring from them--one of the cheapest laminates they had. It looked way better than I would have ever expected and it has a 10 year warranty. We bought it initially for a room addition at 49 cents per sq ft then went back and bought more for additional parts of the house for 69 cents so for about $600 I am covering approx. 1000 sq ft. I spent another $100 at Lowe's for the underlayment. I haven't bought the trim pieces but I don't expect them to break the bank when I do. We have always taken it with us since it was in stock and DH has been laying it himself.

Also I found the guys here in our store very helpful including looking up my first purchase when I went back to buy more.

We bought the same & 7 years later it still looks new!!! I did 1,000 sq feet for just under $700 total including trim pieces and underlayment that I bought from them.

DH and I just finished putting in hard floors we bought from Lumber Liquidators. We bought Builder's Pride pre-finished hard wood flooring. We started out just buying enough to do our living room and kitchen, and ended up liking the look so much we ordered more to do the bedrooms as well. Both times we ordered it took about two weeks for our wood to get to the store. We didn't buy any trim pieces. We are very happy with our floors and the service we got from the store.

I used Bella Wood from Lumber Liquidators for the floor in our kitchen and I love it :thumbsup2 I used the Brazilian Lite Cherry and it is beautiful :love: I found the people at Lumber Liquidators were very helpful and would recommend them :goodvibes

I have never been there. Do they sell major name brands, that I might be able to price compare. Or are they no name brands? I am going to buy for long entry hallway and dining room and if I can get a good price I'm gonna do living room and kitchen.

OT- Anyone have a good brand to recommend of the laminates. I have a dog, a cat and three kids and I have heard that laminate tends to be stronger against scratching when compared to hard wood flooring. OP-Does the mailer you received state what the sale is, % off???

I have never been there. Do they sell major name brands, that I might be able to price compare. Or are they no name brands? I am going to buy for long entry hallway and dining room and if I can get a good price I'm gonna do living room and kitchen.

OT- Anyone have a good brand to recommend of the laminates. I have a dog, a cat and three kids and I have heard that laminate tends to be stronger against scratching when compared to hard wood flooring. OP-Does the mailer you received state what the sale is, % off???

They seem to have some well known brands and some no name stuff. The cheap stuff we bought so far seems to be doing really well--we've been moving furniture around alot lately. I got a natural maple finish. This is laminate. I also have used in the past (not from LL) a pre-finished engineered hardwood. Loved it but one room (224 sq ft) cost me as much as I am spending for 1000 sq ft now. Both installed exactly the same--snap & lock over an underlayment. VERY USER FRIENDLY.

The sale has some $$ listed like 19 cents or $2.29 per sq foot. I've never seen them do a % off (doesn't mean they haven't)...also you can sign up for emails from them.

We started off just doing one room in bamboo hardwood - loved it so much we're working on doing the whole house in it! We have one room and part of a hallway to finish (doing it ourselves).

Our LL store was great - answered all of our questions and gave us samples. We picked up the wood ourselves which was really easy.

We love the way it looks!

My parents used LL in their house and my brother-in-law is a contractor and that's where he gets all his wood floors from. All he uses is bella woods b/c he said they are the best quality in his opinion. I think LL can deliever, but I honetly can't remember. I know for my parents they just picked it up, but they only have about 10 boxes. It was only enough for 1 room at a time. I think you will be happy with them.

They carry Bellawood, which is an excellent brand. I believe their ads say that Donald Trump and Bob Villa use Bellawood exclusively. ;) DH did a ton of research when building our house, and besides Bellawood being some of the best floors in terms of quality, they were far and away the best value. Not sure about other areas, but the "flooring stores" we looked at were seriously overpriced.

Do LL do installs? We are wanting to do our entire upstairs and stairs with pre-engineered hardwood but we are NOT do it yourselfers!!!!:rolleyes1

K in SA

They do offer installations, this is a relatively new service at least up here in New England :thumbsup2

We just ordered from them earlier this month. The floor that we ordered is on backorder so we'll see how everything goes. The folks there were really helpful...too helpful b/c they spent like an hour helping this guy get his stuff right. ;) We were impressed with them. We are going to also have them install the flooring. We priced installation and flooring at Lowes and Home Depot and it was going to be over $4K.

Be carefull with the prefinished floors.You said your going to get scratches from the dogs and kids.With the oxide finish its very very hard to refinish them in the future.Sanding them down is a nightmare we just went threw this and went for unfinished oak floors and had them finished,In the future we can make easy repairs and even change the color if we like .Who knows in 10 years we may not like the color anymore and who wants to go threw that all over agian, Just my 2 cents. Bonus was it came in cheaper for this way also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter