Has anyone taken couses through Universal Class Online?

robinb

DIS veteran
My DD just graduated 8th grade (yay!) . Unfortunately, she did not do as well as we had hoped in HS Algebra. She will be taking HS Geometry as a freshman and I was hoping to sign her up for a little "preview" of geometry so she can have a leg up on the material next year. She suggested it herself because a friend sees a tutor over the summer and he previewed algebra for her and she got a great grade. Unfortunately, that tutor is a neighbor and is doing it as a favor otherwise I would just hire him.

I was poking around online and I found a website Universal Class (http://www.universalclass.com/) that offers a couple different geometry classes and they have a Groupon for unlimited classes for a year for $89. has anyone used them? How were the classes? Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advise? I have the Kahn Academy Geometry section already bookmarked!

Before you buy access to Universal Class, you might want to check with your local library. I work for a library (in CT) and we buy access to this for our patrons. We've subscribed for about a year now. It is surprising what types of classes are being used -- time management, QuickBooks, scrapbooking -- all over the place!. You might also want to check into another database that is frequently offered by libraries called Learning Express.

Good luck to your dd in high school -- I never did get Geometry!

I was poking around online and I found a website Universal Class (http://www.universalclass.com/) that offers a couple different geometry classes and they have a Groupon for unlimited classes for a year for $89. has anyone used them? How were the classes? Does anyone else have any other suggestions or advise? I have the Kahn Academy Geometry section already bookmarked!

In addition to previewing geometry, it would probably be a good idea for her to bone up on Algebra I using whatever system you end up with (I've heard great things about Kahn Academy, and you can't beat free!)
Math builds on itself, and the things taught in Algebrea I are critical to her success in the rest of her math classes. You want to make sure she knows that stuff down cold - it will make the rest of her math career so much better!

Before you buy access to Universal Class, you might want to check with your local library. I work for a library (in CT) and we buy access to this for our patrons. We've subscribed for about a year now. It is surprising what types of classes are being used -- time management, QuickBooks, scrapbooking -- all over the place!. You might also want to check into another database that is frequently offered by libraries called Learning Express.

Good luck to your dd in high school -- I never did get Geometry!
Thanks! I'll check with my library and see if they offer it for free. I clicked on the Groupon link and it's over, so the class would be $50-$120 depending which one I sign her up for. I'll also check out Learning Express :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter