has anyone stayed in these Main Building GF Rooms??

gonga

DIS Veteran
I was told that my room at the GF will be one of these (by GF Planning):
room # 3321 or 4321 or 5321 in the Main Building. Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms that can tell me about it? I was told that these 3 rooms are the same, just different floors.

I haven't been yet - am going to GF in mid-May - but my trusty book tells me that of the three you listed, only the room beginning with "4" is in the main building. (First # is builidng #, second is the floor #.) Not sure about #3, but #5 roms are in Sago Cay bldg.

Maybe I got two of the room numbers wrong, since I am staying in the Main Building. I have requested the Octogon shaped Honeymoon suite/RPC....I must have transposed some of the numbers. The room does not have a balcony, but I was told the room is 2/3 windows. I have looked all over many websites and cannot find any pictures of this (these) rooms. They are the Turett Rooms in the main building, and there are 3 of them, one on tho of the other, that's how I messed up the room #'s!

I stayed in one of the honeymoon rooms at the GF several years ago. I believe it was on the Clarendon level??? Or something like that. It was a private hallway reserved only for honeymooners. Our room was not one of the octagonal shaped rooms, it was the other style with the balcony. If you go to the GF FAQ and post this question Cali D or Misti will probably have more info for you. ;)

My husband and I stayed in the Turret room on the 4th floor in January and it was fabulous!!!!!

A huge 4-poster bed king bed, sitting area with TV, desk, table and chairs, large vanity area, huge walkin closet and large bathroom. The view was magnificent!!! I could see the Polynesian, the lagoon, the Castle...... it was spectacular. Being on the same floor as the concierge lounge was very convenient too.

Have a wonderful stay, I know you will LOVE the room!!!!
Cathy

Thanks for the info, I very much appreciate it as we just extended our vacation by 1 day due to the added E-Ride nights. We don't even have to change our room :D

You will love it!! It was the most beautiful room I have ever been in!!! All those windows....just glad I don't have to wash them!! ;)
Cathy

Hi!

Those honeymoon turret rooms are wonderful! :) I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I believe there are only 6 of the "turret" style Honeymoon rooms. The turret rooms are by request, classified in the Honeymoon room category (room code BP). None have balconies. There are three of these rooms facing the main pool/quiet pool/beach area of the GF. The other three face the monorail station and parking/front entrance of the GF. All of the rooms in the main building start with "4". You can tell the floor by the 2nd number: 2 is 2nd floor, 3 is the third floor, 4 is fourth floor, 0 if 5th floor.

Other rooms in the Honeymoon category are like Erika mentioned--they are more like regular rooms and have a balcony. One added plus is that these "other" honeymoon rooms have a jacuzzi tub. These 9 rooms are located on the 2nd floor (called the Clarendon level) and have private access along a separate hallway.

I hope this helps! :)

Cali, we loved the RPC! Since we were almost beside it, one of us would get breakfast/drinks/snacks and bring it into our room to eat in private. My DH decided to rename the Ponce de Leon suite, the Ponce de CathyCanada suite because he wants to stay there all the time now. ;) There was always lots of good food and drink available and I found the staff to be very friendly and courteous. Looking forward to doing it again someday. :)
CC

Okay, WebmasterCathyCanada, where are your photos? I would love to view them (hint hint!).

Other rooms in the Honeymoon category are like Erika mentioned--they are more like regular rooms and have a balcony. One added plus is that these "other" honeymoon rooms have a jacuzzi tub. These 9 rooms are located on the 2nd floor (called the Clarendon level) and have private access along a separate hallway.

Yep, that's exactly it. It's been so long I couldn't even remember! LOL ;) Our room had a king bed, a full sized couch with coffee table, a large armoire with TV and VCR, a balcony overlooking Cinderella's castle, a table with 2 chairs, and in the bathroom was a spa tub. It was very nice. ;)

Janet, I have pics of our room, the Walt & Roy suites and other suites, but I have to get them from the digital to the computer someday. :)
CC

WebmasterCathyCanada, I will be awaiting the day when you post the link to all those glorious photos. It's about time that you learned to share with others (hee hee!). ;) Those rooms sound glorious. What a grand hotel the GF is.

oh Janet, you know me toooooo well!!!! ;)

I will see if I can get it done today and really surprise you! :p
CC

We stayed in the Honeymoon suite with the jacuzzi tub (on our honeymoon) on the Clarendon Level. The room was beautiful. There was a great view of the castle and the jacuzzi tub was great after a day in the parks. I made the mistake of putting bubble bath in the water then hitting the button for the jets........Bubbles everywhere!

The room was very quiet and private and we loved it! This will be out first time in an octogon room, and from the pics I saw it looks so beautiful....doesn't get much better than that! Can't wait

Thanks Again;)

Bumping this up in case WebmasterCathyCanada has posted her photos. Inquiring minds wanna know… ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter