Has anyone stayed at the Hyatt Grand Cypress or Villas?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
I have just been on their website and I am begining to wonder why I am hell bent to stay onsite,lol. Their grounds look wonderful and they even have an equestrain center!! How fun. Has anyone stayed at the villas? How far is the pool? Is it kid friendly? did you get any discounts??

Thanks!
sue

Someone must have stayed here! Bumping for info.

Herc.

None of us on this board can afford it!!!!!!lol...this is a very very upscale high class place...I am sure it is rich kid friendly, whatever that means.....this is one of the top golf resorts in the world......there is no Disney magic here, just lots and lots of high rollers.....enjoy if you can find it in the vault!!!!

We stayed here several years ago. Since we used my husband's Hyatt points, we stayed in the regency club (similar to the concierge rooms at any Disney hotel) for 2 nights for free. It is a nice hotel, the rooms were large enough for my family of five and everything was spotless. However, my young son left his wallet in the room while we were at the pool (great pool also) and when we returned it was gone. He didn't have any money in it but did have pictures or friends and mementos that he hated to lose.
My husband has never wanted to return to this hotel because the main atrium is as tall as the building: definitely not for someone with a fear of heights.
The regency club served a continental breakfast each morning and had snacks and sodas available all day long. They had the best coffee that I have ever had.
Hope this helps. I can't comment on the equestrian center since we did not use the facilities.

Hi

I stayed at this hotel with my family a few years ago. It was a great place even with 2 kids but to eat there was very expensive. The pool was great. There did not seem to be many people staying there on vacation most of the guests were there on business.

Julie

We stayed there last November using Hyatt pts. We have 3 small children & although everyone was nice to us, I did feel a little out of place. Definately the "rich & famous" crowd...or it could be that we had just left a 4 day stay at WL & it just had a different feeling than onsite DISney. One thing that I did not like was that the pool wasn't heated. This did not matter one bit to my kids but for us parents who have to accompany them, it was pretty cold for that time of yr. The restaurants are expensive but there is a counter service type of place where you could get things fairly cheap & lots of restaurants very near by. It was very quick to Disney gates too!!!

Have fun!!!

Love this place! Would rather stay there than on-site at Disney. It beautiful and relaxing with plenty to do for you and the kids (this is a resort) if you want to take a break from Disney.

If you don't care about theming, GS is about the best in Orlando area. It exceedes Grand Floridian in service. I have stayed 3 times, each for 3 nights. If you love golf, there courses are first rate. Check hotel directly for specials, occasionally they have some weekend deals. As long as the price, which is about same as some WDW premiums doesn't hurt you, you probably could not find a better place in Central Florida! Bus service to parks is excellent. Restaurants are on par with any premium level hotel and food is very good.

My best friend is a travel agent so we occasionally get a comp stay there. The resort is beautiful but I never feel like I am at WDW. The place seems a bit stuffy for my taste. I remember the first time we stayed there, the people at the front gate made us feel like we had made a wrong turn. When they checked our name and reservation, their attitude quickly changed. I hated that they assumed that we could never afford to stay there. True, we were comped, but I would never pay to stay there. I would much rather stay on property. If I were going to stay off property, it would be to save money so I would never pick the Hyatt. I would do a courtyard or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter