Has Anyone Skipped the Greeting Announcement?

Just fyi I sailed on the Dream last month and there were as many CMs welcoming people onboard as usual and they were as enthusiastic as usual.
I thought it was just our cruise but then I saw someone else here on a recent Wish sailing saying the same. I've also seen a couple of similar comments on FB
I don't care about these greetings anymore, I find them silly...but you'd think that the Wish having tons of first time cruisers they'd be more cheerful so that newbies get a positive vibe right out of the gate, but CMs looked meh as if they'd rather be somewhere else.

When you board the Wish they don’t have people lined up clapping but they do on the other ships I don’t know why… it feels strange

It was neat during our first cruise in 2014 on the Fantasy where there were actually CMs cheering us on. On the Wish in December it was awkward with no one listening/reacting to the names being announced. I am not sure what the point is now.

I'm not going to lie, while I would normally vote to scrap it, I am taking my mom on her first DCL cruise in March and was looking forward to her experiencing it. She doesn't do anything very "fancy," so I thought she might get a kick out of the royal treatment. Does anyone know if the Fantasy has switched to this sad version?

I'm not going to lie, while I would normally vote to scrap it, I am taking my mom on her first DCL cruise in March and was looking forward to her experiencing it. She doesn't do anything very "fancy," so I thought she might get a kick out of the royal treatment. Does anyone know if the Fantasy has switched to this sad version?
I was on the Fantasy last September and they had the whole thing, announcers, cheering, clapping, etc. I deliberately didn't tell my parents (who hadn't cruised since 2001) about it so they'd be surprised and they loved it!

I guess we would just give first names? There will be 3 people in group Myself, my granddaughter, my niece. If it was just me, I'd probably skip it, but I think the kids might get a charge out of it, although we are Ssailing on Wish, which if like above doesn't sound as big a production. We all have different last names, so it can't be the "Xx" family. First cruise ever, getting excited, even though it's not until summer.

I guess we would just give first names? There will be 3 people in group Myself, my granddaughter, my niece. If it was just me, I'd probably skip it, but I think the kids might get a charge out of it, although we are Ssailing on Wish, which if like above doesn't sound as big a production. We all have different last names, so it can't be the "Xx" family. First cruise ever, getting excited, even though it's not until summer.
Sure, you can give first names. Lots of people do that. You can also make up pretty much anything you'd like as long as it's not offensive or a trademarked kind of thing.

When you board the Wish they don’t have people lined up clapping but they do on the other ships I don’t know why… it feels strange

Probably because they decimated the atrium to make it another stage and don't want to detract from the characters they have on the balcony or something annoying like that.

One thing we won't be doing on our cruise in February is stand on a dot in the atrium to watch the Minnie and Mickey sail away party. Seems a little unnecessary to me.
We only did that on our first cruise post pandemic. Now we just skip that too, along with the embarkation photo op.

They don't do that little show anymore. That was a temporary thing when they couldn't do sail away parties.
We cruised twice in 2021 and twice in 2022. I know they were still doing it the 2nd cruise but honestly we don't stick around the lobby to notice that it has changed. lol.
That first cruise, August 2021, I was never so happy to see Mickey & Minnie waving from the balcony above us. I was happy to stand on the little dot and watch their show. :cheer2::cool1::banana::wave:

I skipped it once-you go in thru the lane to the farthest on the right, no one even pays attention to you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!