Has anyone heard from their guide lately??

I got part of my waitlist @ VGC in may of this year. It was for june UY and I got the 2012 points for essentially no maintenance fee and got 2013 points pro r ated. That was a nice litle surprise for direct add on. So mayne no conspiracy theory.

I'm also on the VGC waiting list. I have a June use year but said I would take any use year. How long have you been on the WL? You are still waiting for more points, right?

We have been on the WL since Mar 11th. Actually, since I don't need the points till Nov ( which is when we plan to book our vacation for next year) I am in no rush. I just hope to get them before then

I am on the waitlist for Boardwalk. I was told that I was 12-15 on the wait list. How does the wait list work?

We've been waiting since mid March for BCV Feb. use year. We spoke to our guide this week, and he said that it is still taking a long time for small BCV contracts to come through.

We've been waiting since mid March for BCV Feb. use year. We spoke to our guide this week, and he said that it is still taking a long time for small BCV contracts to come through.

In Guide speak that means that they are selling to people who want larger contracts first. DVD doesn't wait for a small contract to come to Disney and then they resell it like the resale market does. They collect all of the Feb UY contracts, strip the points and make new contracts in the amount that the customer wants. My guess is that they want to make larger contracts first, less work for more money.

:earsboy: Bill

In Guide speak that means that they are selling to people who want larger contracts first. DVD doesn't wait for a small contract to come to Disney and then they resell it like the resale market does. They collect all of the Feb UY contracts, strip the points and make new contracts in the amount that the customer wants. My guess is that they want to make larger contracts first, less work for more money.

I've been waiting since mid march for 100 BCV points Aug UY and nothing here. What do they consider "small" vs "large"?

What bothers me is that my Guide made it sound like I would be able to buy my points within a few weeks. I too am beginning to think that since I told him I wasn't interested in AKV or VGF, he isn't interested in me nor my money. I haven't heard from him since June 17th and I had to call him then. He was still saying I would be able to buy in within a couple weeks. I think I may just head over to the resale market and buy there. I can get a lot more points for the price and while I know that I may get ROFR'ed on, at least I wouldn't feel like I'm being ignored!!

It's a well know fact that DVD only wants to sell new resorts that are on their active list. The possibility exists that Disney expects all of their money from sales within a certain period. The DVD executives only want new resort sales and the Guides may get a slap on the hand for selling older resorts or they might not get paid the same for the sale.

The other delay is that the Guides don't know what older resort contracts will become available and what UY's will be available. They don't want to tell you that they aren't allowed to know what is going on in their own company and that they can only close your sale when someone else in their company tells them to.

It's a well know fact that DVD only wants to sell new resorts that are on their active list. The possibility exists that Disney expects all of their money from sales within a certain period. The DVD executives only want new resort sales and the Guides may get a slap on the hand for selling older resorts or they might not get paid the same for the sale.

The other delay is that the Guides don't know what older resort contracts will become available and what UY's will be available. They don't want to tell you that they aren't allowed to know what is going on in their own company and that they can only close your sale when someone else in their company tells them to.

That is very likely what goes on. I guess if I look at it like a car then it makes more sense. I know a car salesman, and the dealership, makes more money on a new car sale over a used car sale.

Two years ago we almost bought in direct at VWL, and they had the points right then and there. I should have bought then, but it just wasn't the right time as my daughter was getting married. The points were at $100 per point too :(.

I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada.

I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada.

That's funny.

I'm also Canadian and don't typically hear from my guide, but I've received correspondence from him twice since I added on (direct) at BLT earlier this year (just before the waitlists went crazy).

First was a direct mail shipment of Share the Magic business cards personalized with my name and that of my guide, second was a generic email from him about adding on at VGF.

That's funny.

I'm also Canadian and don't typically hear from my guide, but I've received correspondence from him twice since I added on (direct) at BLT earlier this year (just before the waitlists went crazy).

First was a direct mail shipment of Share the Magic business cards personalized with my name and that of my guide, second was a generic email from him about adding on at VGF.

It must be because you are in ON. I think AB and ON are the only two provinces DVC is allowed to call / market to.

My guide, Byron, retired very recently. The third week in May I received a call from a person named Greg ? , telling me that he was my new guide. We talked for quite a while.

Since then, I have received two different calls from DVC-- again telling me that Byron retired and they would be giving me a new guide. Each time I have informed them of the first call from Greg and that I would like to stay with him.

Apparently, there is a lack of communication as neither expressed any knowledge of Greg or that I had already been appointed a guide.

"I have never once heard from our guide. I chalk it up to the fact that I live in Canada."

I have been on the disney list since 3/4/13 for 25 points at BCV with Oct. UY - no calls from my guide and I live in the U.S. As I understand it, Disney would hold the $115.00/pt price for 6 months - have 1 month left at the old price - don't expect any calls as there have not been a lot of Sellers for BCV.

I received my call on Wednesday. Paper work is on it's way for my 100 points at SSR with a September UY :cool1: :cheer2:.

I received my call on Wednesday. Paper work is on it's way for my 100 points at SSR with a September UY :cool1: :cheer2:.

I just purchased 50 add on points direct, took less than one week to finalize everything. Points were in my account one day after confirming that I wanted to buy
Painless.

I also live in Canada my guide called me on a vacation to ask me how I
liked my resort and at anytime give her a call if I had any questions or
problems. Guess it depends who your guide is .

I just purchased 50 add on points direct, took less than one week to finalize everything. Points were in my account one day after confirming that I wanted to buy
Painless.

Even before you signed any papers? Man, I hope I get mine that fast!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter