Has anyone heard from their guide lately??

babesboo99

Veteren Disney Vacationer
We went on the WL Mar 11th for 50 pts at the BCV with an Oct or Sept use year. I was wondering if anyone heard from their guide telling them how they were doing on the list? last time our guide called us had to be about 4-5weeks ago so I was wondering if I should call and see what's going on.

Mine only called when my okw waitlist actually came through a bit over 2 months after going on the list.

The Guides are busy selling VGF, larger contracts, more points, higher price, and more buyers. I would call your Guide for an update.

:earsboy: Bill

We actually got a call from ours when we were staying at BWV earlier this month. He simply called to see how things were going. No sales pitch or anything. I'm sure the hope was that I would ask about GFV.

Spoke with my guide today. We are looking for 125 points at SSR with a September UY. He seems to think that maybe we can have something in the next couple of weeks with 2012 points thrown in :cool1:.

I was thinking I could get 2012 pts.but If i get a Sept use year and get them in Sept I won't get the pts and I wonder if that's what they want

I was thinking I could get 2012 pts.but If i get a Sept use year and get them in Sept I won't get the pts and I wonder if that's what they want

That's what happened with at least, but I think maybe even two, other posters here earlier this year.

They were both wait listed for VGC points with a March UY. They both waited around a full year from when they went on the list.

Then right at the beginning of March, they both got their points. The guess at the time was DVC had bought back or otherwise acquired March UY points which didn't have any 2012 points, so they couldn't sell them to the wait listers until those points were out of the equation.

Just guesswork, and VGC is a much different animal, but you never know...

I got part of my waitlist @ VGC in may of this year. It was for june UY and I got the 2012 points for essentially no maintenance fee and got 2013 points pro r ated. That was a nice litle surprise for direct add on. So mayne no conspiracy theory.

If I don't get the points from 2012 then that would take my offer off the table. I can buy resale for 1/2 of the direct price, and even if I don't get any banked points, come out better. I gave them my CC for the $500 down, but was assured it would not be charged until I get a call from my Guide that they actually have the points I want.

Getting points "thrown in" is dependent on when you buy. If you are buying in the 2012 UY you get 2012 points, that is what you paid for.

Guides often make it seem like you are getting something extra but in reality you aren't.

A September UY would get 2012 points because you are still in the 2012 UY.

Points acquired by Disney are striped from the contracts and put into a pot by UY. They don't pass prior years points on to new buyers even if the acquired contract had them, it's not like resale.

:earsboy: Bill

Honestly, I don't need 2012 pts. because we are booking our vacation in Oct of next year so I wouldn't be in the window of booking those points.

Honestly, I don't need 2012 pts. because we are booking our vacation in Oct of next year so I wouldn't be in the window of booking those points.

1. Don't buy a sold out resort direct.

2. If you ignore #1, you DO want those points because they will bank them for you at closing. In effect this will give you 400 September 2013 points, half of which you can bank into 2014 UY if you desired. Closing a new sale, they will automatically bank the 2012 points into your coming 2013 UY regardless of your usual banking window. They may act like this is doing you a favor. It isn't, rather it is just their standard procedure.

So even if you personally aren't going on a vacation in the September 2013 UY, you could rent those banked 2012 points through David's for $11/pt. At 200 points, your statement above is equivalent to "I don't want Disney to give me $2200 of effortless income, but it seems like a good idea to grossly overpay for BCV resale..."

In reality, at least the 2012 points would effectively drop your purchase price by $11/pt. How could you possibly not want that???

I got part of my waitlist @ VGC in may of this year. It was for june UY and I got the 2012 points for essentially no maintenance fee and got 2013 points pro r ated. That was a nice litle surprise for direct add on. So mayne no conspiracy theory.

No, it wasn't a conspiracy theory. The guess was since March is such a weird UY (at least for VGC) with few contracts, the best Disney could do was getting a striped contract. So, sometime during the year long waiting period of those two posters, DVC acquired contracts w/o 2012 points, and then had to wait until the 2013 UY started to be able to sell them.

It was just too coincidental that two people, both waiting over a year on the wait list, both for March UY, both got their points the first of March.

I also added on direct at VGC, twice in fact, with a June UY. MUCH more popular UY, # of contract-wise, than March, and got my points after only a few months wait.

It's just that March doesn't seem to have that many and DVC might have been constrained in how they could handle that wait list. Does anyone really think DVC would purposely delay when they would take our money???

I love my guide. I started "thinking" about DVC when I was living in Michigan ... around 2007. Then I moved to FL, met my husband... It wasn't until 2011, on our honeymoon when we decided to buy and he remembered me!! He's been awesome. We've done a couple of add-ons, most recently at VGF. He called me last week while staying at the Beach Club to see how our stay was going. :goodvibes

We went on the WL Mar 11th for 50 pts at the BCV with an Oct or Sept use year. I was wondering if anyone heard from their guide telling them how they were doing on the list? last time our guide called us had to be about 4-5weeks ago so I was wondering if I should call and see what's going on.

our guide called yesterday to say our December UY 55 WL BCV points were available. :dance3: Are you still waiting?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter