Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

6:05am and world of color dessert party for October 12 (Wednesday) didn't drop. Never got a dinning alert they opened either..

So now I play the stalking game. Why Disney.. why?!!!
yeah that's weird. I can see availability on October 8th, but that's it 🤷‍♀️

6:05am and world of color dessert party for October 12 (Wednesday) didn't drop. Never got a dinning alert they opened either..

So now I play the stalking game. Why Disney.. why?!!!
Up until a couple weeks ago, I felt like the dessert party was the only thing consistently dropping at a normal time, now chaos, so frustrating!

I am going to document my experience with reservations as I am "in it" right now. I have 7 days of reservations to book. I have dinning alerts set.

Day one I was going for Goofy's kitchen. No problem. Those don't usually "sell out".

Day two I wanted world of color dessert party and lamplight lounge. Dessert party never loaded. No dinning alert. I am checking in often.. nada a day later. Lamplight no issue getting the time I wanted. Booked story tellers dinner as back up for world of color.

Day three(today): I was a bit nervous going into this day. I was going for plaza inn breakfast with Minnie. It's been booking up quickly and not always dropping on time. I had app and computer up this morning and right at 8am I clicked the time I wanted on the app and was able to book successfully! I am also wanting to book droid and light saber for this day, but as of now reservations for those only go through October 1st. I also snagged an Ogas for 930pm. Not sure I will keep this. I've been to Ogas several times on both coasts but I feel like my son would love the DJ.

Tomorrow I didn't plan to book anything, but I'm going to make a lamplight lunch. Because I haven't been able to get the dessert party yet. If I can't get the dessert party I don't want reservations for lunch and dinner in the same day. (See day two..)

So right now my biggest frustration is that Disney hasn't released things I am wanting to book.

We have had some change of plans. I have a BB Fantasmic reservation for two on Sunday 9/18 at 4:50 for the first show. Happy to try to arrange a coordinated release so someone else can maybe get a little pixie dust and snag it. I also have a trader Sam reservation for three on Wednesday 9/21 at 2:50 also up for grabs.

I am going to document my experience with reservations as I am "in it" right now. I have 7 days of reservations to book. I have dinning alerts set.

Day one I was going for Goofy's kitchen. No problem. Those don't usually "sell out".

Day two I wanted world of color dessert party and lamplight lounge. Dessert party never loaded. No dinning alert. I am checking in often.. nada a day later. Lamplight no issue getting the time I wanted. Booked story tellers dinner as back up for world of color.

Day three(today): I was a bit nervous going into this day. I was going for plaza inn breakfast with Minnie. It's been booking up quickly and not always dropping on time. I had app and computer up this morning and right at 8am I clicked the time I wanted on the app and was able to book successfully! I am also wanting to book droid and light saber for this day, but as of now reservations for those only go through October 1st. I also snagged an Ogas for 930pm. Not sure I will keep this. I've been to Ogas several times on both coasts but I feel like my son would love the DJ.

Tomorrow I didn't plan to book anything, but I'm going to make a lamplight lunch. Because I haven't been able to get the dessert party yet. If I can't get the dessert party I don't want reservations for lunch and dinner in the same day. (See day two..)

So right now my biggest frustration is that Disney hasn't released things I am wanting to book.
October 14th Dessert Parties have dropped!

Not seeing Fantasmic packages for Oct 14th other than Hungry Bear... been poised and ready to grab that premium River Belle too! Ugh, come on Disney!

Has anyone experienced being kicked out of the app and having to sign back in as you're trying to book a restaurant time? Makes a huge difference when everything sells out in seconds (Ogas)... Any way to prevent this? I was logged in as usual and don't understand any reason why it would've kicked me.

If the Fantasmic packages haven't dropped by now then chances are they won't today, right? I'm so mad haha!

Has anyone experienced being kicked out of the app and having to sign back in as you're trying to book a restaurant time? Makes a huge difference when everything sells out in seconds (Ogas)... Any way to prevent this? I was logged in as usual and don't understand any reason why it would've kicked me.
Yes, it did tonight and I'm pretty sure that happened to me last night too. Luckily for me I don't think I'm booking anything too difficult.

If the Fantasmic packages haven't dropped by now then chances are they won't today, right? I'm so mad haha!
Not necessarily 🤷‍♀️ I've got an alert set up for Fantasmic packages though, and nothing has come through yet.

Not seeing Fantasmic packages for Oct 14th other than Hungry Bear... been poised and ready to grab that premium River Belle too! Ugh, come on Di

Day 4 was a doozie! I was simply just going to make a lamplight lounge back up today, but got a wild idea to try for a trader Sams for just me. (Not the family's style). But I want to see it. So I counted down the seconds and I wanted a late night time after our time at the parks. I got it!!!
but as I confirmed It, my phone started going off with dinning alerts that the dessert part was open for October 14th. I originally wanted the party on the 12th, but it never opened. So I booked for the 14th! However, I learned something new. You can't use a gift card to book the WOC dessert party! No big deal I'll save my gift card for the parks! Even I learn new things about Disneyland!

Now our first day in the parks we will just have lunch at lamplight and who knows about world of color?!? We will now do the dessert party on our second DCA day.

Tomorrow is my Fantasmic day. They have yet to release blue bayou for October which is what I really want.. but my plan tomorrow is to try quickly for the BB just in case and then book hungry bear as a back up. I'll be making a regular blue bayou reservation as some point too. We want to eat there one way or another.

I am doing all these through the App. I quickly use the search function to find the place. I have my computer up as a back up but I'm finding the app to be very smooth. I have Face ID so it logs me in quick.

Am I a bit crazy? Yes!

You can't use a gift card to book the WOC dessert party! No big deal I'll save my gift card for the parks! Even I learn new things about Disneyland!
This must have changed really recently. I just bought I gift card to cover mine, (I'll be booking next week) and I checked the website to make sure it was possible before I bought the card. They must have figured out that it's complicated to refund a gift card if you cancel. Like you say, not a big deal. I'm sure I can find another way to spend mine.

Yes, it did tonight and I'm pretty sure that happened to me last night too. Luckily for me I don't think I'm booking anything too difficult.

Not necessarily 🤷‍♀️ I've got an alert set up for Fantasmic packages though, and nothing has come through yet.
Did you find any way to avoid the app or site from logging you out?

This must have changed really recently. I just bought I gift card to cover mine, (I'll be booking next week) and I checked the website to make sure it was possible before I bought the card. They must have figured out that it's complicated to refund a gift card if you cancel. Like you say, not a big deal. I'm sure I can find another way to spend mine.
So I was using the app/mobile so maybe you can use one online through PC browser?!? But I've been having more luck with the app and mobile while the website seems much more glitchy for me.

So I was using the app/mobile so maybe you can use one online through PC browser?!? But I've been having more luck with the app and mobile while the website seems much more glitchy for me.
I attempted a dummy booking on both the app and website, neither would accept a gc, but I know the option was there about a week ago when I checked the website. I haven't been having good luck with the app OR website, both are even glitchier than usual.

Yes! Got one! Wonder why the 12th never opened
Yay you got one.

I also went and got one when I saw this message.

Now I also have a double booking for WOC dessert party and Fantasmic on the same night. (do I keep my Oct 12 storytellers dinner in the hope that they drop WOC dessert party on the 12 or do you reckon there is no WOC on the 12?).

I am going to have to cancel one of the bookings and try for another night for the other show.

What are you doing to me Disney mucking with my plans which took me ages to figure out.

Yay you got one.

I also went and got one when I saw this message.

Now I also have a double booking for WOC dessert party and Fantasmic on the same night. (do I keep my Oct 12 storytellers dinner in the hope that they drop WOC dessert party on the 12 or do you reckon there is no WOC on the 12?).

I am going to have to cancel one of the bookings and try for another night for the other show.

What are you doing to me Disney mucking with my plans which took me ages to figure out.
I feel this!! We don't have hoppers tho, so no Fantasmic conflict. I'm worried they are having something random the 12th and will close early.. which would bum me out but I'm not shelling out the $$ for the hopper.

I feel this!! We don't have hoppers tho, so no Fantasmic conflict. I'm worried they are having something random the 12th and will close early.. which would bum me out but I'm not shelling out the $$ for the hopper.
Oh wow, I hope not 😁 I don't have a hopper either, and if this happens I will be super bummed! I only have 4 days in the parks + OBB, so I'd be disappointed if my time was cut short.

I'm also aiming for a BB Fantasmic package for the 15th, so good luck to you too!

In other news, I'm still getting logged out during the dining reservation process. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter