Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Carnation Cafe, Trader Sam's and Goofy's opened for my dates (Oct 15-18). Still no Oga's or even Plaza Inn yet.

Huzzah was able to snag my Carnation cafe Reservation this morning I can't believe it took until a week before my trip to get all the ADR's I wanted and we did end up giving up on one of them which works out were just going to do some of the spooky snacks instead but jeebus just wild.

Wow its a mircle. I got a Plaza inn breakfast Oct 11 and Carnation for lunch on Oct 8. The Disney gods finally being nice too me….

I was able to get Trader Sam's for all four or five of the nights I'm there and don't have other things going on at night, lol

Of course this was like the first night I set my phone on silent and woke up at 7am (pacific) to like 9 text message alerts and emails, thankfully I was still able to snag every day I needed.... now I'm very curious if it'll be inside or outside. Ideally I would like to have a spot inside (I mean that's a LARGE part of why I want to go there), but if it's a night I'm solo I guess I would be ok with switching to an outside spot (thanks COVID) and hopefully letting someone else have the prime inside spot... curious how it works out.

Now need Oga's and Blue Bayou and I'll have been able to snag everything I was hoping for during my week or so in late October!

Our friends who we're going to travel with us in October just called, letting us know they canceled their trip due to COVID concerns. I'm now trying to update our dining reservations since I know they're a hot commodity.

When I go into the app and click "modify," the system searches for a new reservation instead of allowing us to reduce the headcount from 5 to 3 guests. Same on the desktop when clicking "Change Reservation." What am I doing wrong? Google was no help, unfortunately.

Our friends who we're going to travel with us in October just called, letting us know they canceled their trip due to COVID concerns. I'm now trying to update our dining reservations since I know they're a hot commodity.

When I go into the app and click "modify," the system searches for a new reservation instead of allowing us to reduce the headcount from 5 to 3 guests. Same on the desktop when clicking "Change Reservation." What am I doing wrong? Google was no help, unfortunately.
That’s what it always does at least at WDW. Just keep your current reservations. As long as someone from your group shows up, you won’t get charged.

.... now I'm very curious if it'll be inside or outside. Ideally I would like to have a spot inside (I mean that's a LARGE part of why I want to go there), but if it's a night I'm solo I guess I would be ok with switching to an outside spot (thanks COVID) and hopefully letting someone else have the prime inside
We had reservations last week and they are for indoor, according to the CMs. We had someone ask for us in person before we went because we had a largish party and wanted outdoors. We canceled our res and just did a walk up.

We had reservations last week and they are for indoor, according to the CMs. We had someone ask for us in person before we went because we had a largish party and wanted outdoors. We canceled our res and just did a walk up.
Indoor is perfect for me, I assume outdoor moves quicker (more space?) and I could always swing by a few hours before (I'm staying at the DLH) and let the host know that I would be fine with an outdoor space if they want to place someone at an inside table instead, etc.

Indoor is perfect for me, I assume outdoor moves quicker (more space?) and I could always swing by a few hours before (I'm staying at the DLH) and let the host know that I would be fine with an outdoor space if they want to place someone at an inside table instead, etc.
We didn't have any trouble as a party of 6 getting outdoor seating. We were told it would be a wait but we could order drinks from the outdoor bar and sit in the non-dining seating, which we did (cushioned benches with a coffee-table thing) but within 5 minutes they had us seated at a table outside. And we did confirm that the reservations are for indoors. We were a little hesitant about canceling the res but it all worked out fine. We got there around 6:00 PM. I don't know what it was like inside, but I believe they have a 2-hour and 2-drink max. I'm not sure how strictly that's enforced--I don't think it was being enforced outside but I'm not sure. I suspect you could easily get a stool at the bar for the time you want to be inside, so I'd keep the reservation and just get there early to hang out outdoors for a while first.

I was able to get Trader Sam's for all four or five of the nights I'm there and don't have other things going on at night, lol

Of course this was like the first night I set my phone on silent and woke up at 7am (pacific) to like 9 text message alerts and emails, thankfully I was still able to snag every day I needed.... now I'm very curious if it'll be inside or outside. Ideally I would like to have a spot inside (I mean that's a LARGE part of why I want to go there), but if it's a night I'm solo I guess I would be ok with switching to an outside spot (thanks COVID) and hopefully letting someone else have the prime inside spot... curious how it works out.

Now need Oga's and Blue Bayou and I'll have been able to snag everything I was hoping for during my week or so in late October!

I am just getting ready to book for November and it looks like it would be super helpful to use 3rd party programs to help me watch for availability. What do you like using for reservation alerts? Thank you!!

I am going to be releasing a reservation for 2 people at the Minnie and Friends Breakfast at the Plaza Inn for Monday, October 4 at 0800.

I will wait a bit to see if anyone here wishes to coordinate to pick it up when I drop them (I don't know whether those are still hard to come by).

I am just getting ready to book for November and it looks like it would be super helpful to use 3rd party programs to help me watch for availability. What do you like using for reservation alerts? Thank you!!

I'm currently signed up for both *Watcher and *Dining for my October trip. My experience has been that *Watcher alerts me just a few minutes before *Dining, but both have alerted quickly enough to get the reservations I'm looking for. *Watcher is $19 a month and you're limited to 5 active alerts at a time. *Dining is $9 a month for 50 alerts a month, but is free if you want email alerts only.

On *Watcher, I signed up for both email and text alerts but only received the email alerts. I'll probably go with *Dining next time because it's cheaper but has provided everything I need. The text alerts work better for me because with alerts coming in at 3 AM, I'm not awake to receive the email ones, but the texts messages will wake me up if I favorite their number to get past my DND.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter