Has anyone gotten hurt on Jurassic Park?

for us this was a few years ago - the 2nd to the last stop *spoiler alert* when the dinosaur jumps out at you.

We are just back from a great vacation but I did have a very bad second run on Jurassic Park. I'm not exactly sure what I was doing but at the end when it comes to an abrupt stop, I hit the safety bar in such a way that it knocked the wind out of me, definitely a hard impact. I was able to get up and walk around ok, just a bit sore.

I took it easy the next day, iced the area. Then I headed off to Epcot and MK, taking it very easy but I was able to walk ok. As I was getting ready to leave Orlando, I started to feel a lot more pain and loss of mobility. I couldn't walk as fast and I couldn't get in and out of the car easily.

I went to the ER when I got home and it turns out I had broken a rib from the impact :eek: It's being treated but it does make me wonder if others have had a really jarring end to that ride.

As an aside, FJ is the most spectacular ride I've ever done. Simply amazing effects!

I can't believe I haven't seen this post before!!!!
I did the EXACT same thing!!!!!

I closed my eyes at the exact wrong moment.. failed to brace myself properly I guess and hit my chest on the safety bar. I felt something crack. It was the weirdest feeling. It hurt initially but I was ok but sore for the day. The rest of the trip I was in pretty significant pain. Mostly trying to get out of bed. My husband had to help me. I could walk around but it hurt if I stepped too hard or coughed. I took Ibuprofen and pushed through though. It started to hurt more just before we came home.
I went to the doctor when we got home and I had cracked a rib!!
This was in August of 2011. So strange we had the exact same thing happen.
I did ride it again last year but was very careful to brace myself and keep my eyes open.

ETA) And I can't wait to show this to my husband who has been known to say I must be the only person in the world that could break a rib on a theme park ride. Apparently not lol!!

No injuries here but had an issue with the restraint system and the CM not allowing me off when I asked. I was going to suggest highly reporting what happened, but you did that. Hope you are feeling better.

Back in 2006 I was on a coaster when it hit a bump in the track that caused an extreme jerk and injured many people. (Hurt my back/neck) They compensated us for the day. It wasn't at Disney or Universal though. But my incident last year I have been compensated for by Universal.

I rode Jurassic Park with my family in 2000, what an experience that I will never forget. My mom was sitting on one side of the row, and I was in the middle, there was a man sitting next to me. Mom was having trouble getting the lapbar down... it was bouncing off the mans belly when trying to put the bar down. The cast member pushed, it clicked and let me say he was not going anywhere, surprised he was not hurt.

I would definitely have to chaulk that up to fluke accident. I've ridden that ride probably at least 20 times and never remotely anything like that. I actually think its a pretty moderate end to that ride. However, a while back I started doing that ride a little differently on the end, I duck my head and put my head into the padded thing in front, just to keep from getting wet, when I do this you just usually get a little bit of water on your back. But sorry to hear that, but I do think its a fluke, or maybe you had already injured yourself and that just kind of broke the straw kind of thing.

I was on the Jurassic Park rise yesterday, there was a huge guy next to me and because of that they couldn’t put down the seat harness bar close enough to me, I slid up and down all around and on the last slide down I banged my spine on the back of the hard seat... I can’t touch that part of my back now it’s aching sore and I can’t sit down on a seat properly resting my back on it. So yes, injury on this ride is likley

First zombie thread here in ages

It’s about 6 years old and pages way back from the first page in the forum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter