Has anyone gone from Deluxe to Mod & been happy?

We have gone from GF to offsite to WL to POFQ to WL. Besides for offsite( I hated it:headache: ), all our stays in Disney resorts have been great! I like to try different resorts- although the deluxes are my favorites.:lovestruc I think you will like a moderate hotel- just don't try to compare, have fun- you are at WDW!!:cool1:

We've stayed at GF and the Contemporary...have also stayed at CBR, CSR, and POR. We now much prefer POR to either of the 2 deluxes we've stayed at. The deluxes were very nice, but so was POR. Obviously, you don't have as many food choices at POR, but I guess we are more food-court type people. The monorail transportation at GF and CR are very convenient. We thought POR had a much more relaxed atmosphere; although the Contemporary seem pretty relaxed also. We also like the boat transportation from POR to DTD. We thought the grounds at POR were just as pretty as GF. And last but not least, is the cost difference. The deluxes are quite a bit more expensive than the mods, at least in our minds.

We're going from the WL to CSR on the same trip in August...I hope we'll be happy!

Our first trip was the Poly, then we did CSR, POFQ, and just got back from POR. I can't believe we paid what we did for the Poly. Of course it's wonderful, but we were very happy with the moderates. DD10 said that POR has been her favorite so far. Next time we'll try CBR. I doubt we'll go back to a deluxe. The only thing we missed was the convenience of the monorail.

Angie

Stayed at Poly and then at CSR. Poly was nice but we also liked CSR very much.

We've stayed at all of the Deluxe and all of the Values but only one Mod - CBR.

While I like the deluxes I absolutely LOVE the values and really liked CBR. The values feel more alive and vibrant to me! Just my preference. I really liked CBR though. Very beautiful resort and very quiet. I think you'll be fine.

Not everyone is the same though, remember these are all opinions and not facts. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better! I know what I'll miss the most is the balcony, but when I really think about it I never spent that much time out there in the past. I guess I'm just being a big baby!! Now that I'm feeling better about the moderate aspect I'm worried about CBR. It seems like all the other mods are liked, but I'm not hearing a lot of love for CBR! If anyone is still reading this, do you think I should switch to CSR?

I would definately change!!! I'm so bummed CSR is'nt available for my stay in Sept.. I've been calling every night to try to switch!:)

We have gone from one Deluxe to another Deluxe and have been disappointed. We stayed for 7 nights at the Poly and loved it....then we decided to add an extra night (and no rooms were available) so we switched to OKW and we were very disappointed. Not that OKW is bad....but to us it just wasn't the same experience as the Poly.
Now when we go to WDW we ALWAYS book Pop because my kids have fallen in LOVE with it!

I'm going to be honest - I prefer to stay at a Deluxe, but I had a great time at CSR and would definitely be happy there again if a deluxe was not an option!

I've stayed at all ranges of resorts in WDW, but my favorite is POFQ. I like the size of this resort. It's just so relaxing there. My only concern about staying at CBR is that it has no elevators and I like a top floor room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter