Has anyone ever had an altercation with another guest and/or family while at WDW?

scream at me when I was walking my son (he was @6 months) in 50-degree weather. She told me he needed to be wearing a hat or he’d get arthritis when he was older. She then tried to ask my name, other personal details and attempted to follow me home so she could “make sure I was taking proper care of the baby”. It was borderline creepy. My son is now 4 and while I’m sure arthritis is inevitable, he is perfectly healthy and thriving at the moment. He also hates to wear

Ha!! We got that too for our third who was a little Houdini that managed to get every kind of hat and shoe off no matter how well secured. I was accused of child abuse once, and it doesn't even get that cold where we live!

I once spent en entire parade at MK having someone continuously ram their stroller into the back of my legs. I was too shocked over their behaviour so say anything though, but I won't hesitate to say anything if it happens again. Another time, me and two friends were looking for a spot for the MK parade, and we found an area in Main Street where a large group were sitting spread out with large gaps of space between every person. The spaces between them was big enough that each of them could have stood up, stretched their arms out and spun in a circle without touching anyone. We politely asked for them to move a little bit so we could stand behind them, but they all refused to move and were very rude about it.

Not a Disney incident, but I used to work in a theme park, but on this day I was visiting the park as a guest with my friend. While standing in line for a ride, I noticed this guy forcing his way through the queue, so I grabbed a hold of the fence next to me to make sure he couldn't get through. When he reached us he said something along the lines of "Let me through". I replied that he has to queue like the rest of us and that's when he started swearing at me and calling me names. And then he thought he had a bright idea and said that I had to let him through, because he worked there. I just laughed at him and said no you don't, because I work here and I've never seen you before. He continued to swear at me and said he needed to get to his friends. If only he would have said that straight away and if only he would have used his manners I wouldn't have had any issues with letting him through. But there was no way I was going to let him through when he was that rude to me.

Anyone ever had a problem and if so how did you resolve it. It might help someone to know.

:grouphug:

Last October when I was at HS, there was this small girl, probably about 4-5 standing by herself in the middle of the main street/entranceway/etc (where they do the March), and she was bawling her eyes out, looking around like she was confused. I watched this for probably 60-90 seconds as people just looked at her and walked by, and after looking around for her adult/parental unit, I decided to go over and see if she needed help. I'm a teacher so I have a lot of empathy for kids who need help, and I swear there was nobody around her. As I walked up to her, I bent down to ask if she was okay and before she could respond, some guy came out of nowhere and pulled me up, kicked me right in the thigh, grabbed the girl and walked off, saying something along the lines that I knew that it was her Dad. I was on the ground in so much pain that a CM ran over and helped me get up and then called over the EMT's at the park. They felt bad and gave me free Memory Maker for my next trip (which was my big family trip a month later). I had a very hard time walking the rest of that trip and could only do the mornings, and didn't make it on a lot of rides because I was in so much pain. (I'm fine now, it subsided). Now, whenever I end up at HS, I take a selfie in the spot it happened. I remember the exact spot because it has a metal something or other on the ground that I scraped me knee on.

We had a fight in the handicapped viewing area for a parade. Ugh. We were waiting with my son in his WC. Chatting to a nice family from England. 2 older teens pop in and sit in front of us. We remind them this is a HC viewing area, they flip us off. OK. When we asked a CM for assistance, she asked which family they were with? They LIED and pointed to the English family, and even looked at them sort of pushy, and said "we are with YOU, right, right??" Those poor folks were confused. WE were not, and said, they are lying, they do not know them! So, the CM made them leave, but they were yelling and cursing at us, gesturing, it was quite the scene. Afterwards CM apologized. I was actually nervous we would run into them again later.

Looking back, we could have handled it better ourselves.

When I was a kid I was standing against the railing in the WS waiting for illuminations to start. We had been waiting there a while and had a great view. Then after the show started this woman (who didn’t speak English) literally grabbed me, pulled me backwards and shoved her kid into the spot where I was standing. My mother totally flipped out on her (“no one lays their hands on my child!”) and it was so embarrassing. There wereCMs around but none of them said anything.

When I was a kid I was standing against the railing in the WS waiting for illuminations to start. We had been waiting there a while and had a great view. Then after the show started this woman (who didn’t speak English) literally grabbed me, pulled me backwards and shoved her kid into the spot where I was standing. My mother totally flipped out on her (“no one lays their hands on my child!”) and it was so embarrassing. There wereCMs around but none of them said anything.

UGH! I could have written this as it happened to us with our 5 year olds. The woman just appeared once the parade started and shoved my kids and us out of the way for herself and her kids. I wanted to punch her but didn't say a word and that took a LOT of restraint but I internalized it. This was the last parade at WDW we ever went to, sadly it isn't worth the anguish.

Perhaps file this one under "crisis averted". My DS9 and I were attending the HEA dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing last year. We were in the plaza garden waiting for the show when we noticed a dad lead his family under the rope to get into the plaza garden. By the look on his face, we could tell he knew very well he was sneaking into a private, paid party and was laughing about it when they found spots and sat down. This really pissed me off as this party is NOT cheap and everyone else in the garden had spent a lot of money to be there. I didn't confront the family, but I went up to a CM to let her know this family had snuck in and where they were seated. She said she would handle it and proceeded to go over to the area and check wristbands. She quickly found the family and kicked them out. After the event, I went up and thanked her for policing the area and she asked me if I was ok. I was confused and she said usually when this happens (and apparently it happens a lot) the family that gets kicked out loses it on the family that reported them and the CM. It made me realize just how much nonsense some of the CM's must have to deal with on a frequent basis.

I once had a woman scream at me when I was walking my son (he was @6 months) in 50-degree weather. She told me he needed to be wearing a hat or he’d get arthritis when he was older. She then tried to ask my name, other personal details and attempted to follow me home so she could “make sure I was taking proper care of the baby”. It was borderline creepy. My son is now 4 and while I’m sure arthritis is inevitable, he is perfectly healthy and thriving at the moment. He also hates to wear hats, no matter the weather!

When my DD was a baby I took her into the bathroom of a little coffee shop to change her. She was squirming all over the table, but the belt on it looked kind of yuck, so I held my hand on her stomach to keep her from falling. It was like wrestling an anaconda. When I was done I carried her out, saying through gritted teeth, "That's it, next time I am using the BELT!" I heard a loud gasp and saw the woman at a nearby table snap my picture. I'm sure she wanted to report me for child abuse.

I once spent en entire parade at MK having someone continuously ram their stroller into the back of my legs. I was too shocked over their behaviour so say anything though, but I won't hesitate to say anything if it happens again. Another time, me and two friends were looking for a spot for the MK parade, and we found an area in Main Street where a large group were sitting spread out with large gaps of space between every person. The spaces between them was big enough that each of them could have stood up, stretched their arms out and spun in a circle without touching anyone. We politely asked for them to move a little bit so we could stand behind them, but they all refused to move and were very rude about it.

Not a Disney incident, but I used to work in a theme park, but on this day I was visiting the park as a guest with my friend. While standing in line for a ride, I noticed this guy forcing his way through the queue, so I grabbed a hold of the fence next to me to make sure he couldn't get through. When he reached us he said something along the lines of "Let me through". I replied that he has to queue like the rest of us and that's when he started swearing at me and calling me names. And then he thought he had a bright idea and said that I had to let him through, because he worked there. I just laughed at him and said no you don't, because I work here and I've never seen you before. He continued to swear at me and said he needed to get to his friends. If only he would have said that straight away and if only he would have used his manners I wouldn't have had any issues with letting him through. But there was no way I was going to let him through when he was that rude to me.

If it makes you feel any better, New Years Eve 2013 (going into 2014), I experienced a similar issue with the Electrical Parade in MK. I am 5 ft, and can't see over anyone taller than me. I was in the 2nd or 3rd row back, so my view wasn't obstructed too terribly, but as you can imagine, peoples backs make better doors than they do windows. So I noticed a space between a father and his 2 daughters and the party next to them, so I kindly (in my opinion) said excuse me to the person in front of me and explained I couldn't see and told them if they didn't mind, I'd like to stand in the open spot in front of them. They moved over to let me through, and I thought that was that. Well, the father with the 2 daughters started talking ABOUT me, not TO me, to his daughters in a very passive aggressive way. Mind you, I stepped into an OPEN space in front of someone standing in front of me and in between two different parties. The father was saying "you've gotta be a pretty mean person to stand in the way of little kids, huh?" He was saying this to his daughters. I kinda found it an odd comment so I just shrugged it off and kept watching. Then he made another similar comment, about me being a magic ruiner, or something to that effect. By the third passive-aggressive comment, I said, "sir, I am not standing in front of your daughters, I am standing next to you and your daughters, what is the problem"? and they all just gave me a dirty look and didn't expand upon any of their rude comments. It was honestly so bizarre.

If it makes you feel any better, New Years Eve 2013 (going into 2014), I experienced a similar issue with the Electrical Parade in MK. I am 5 ft, and can't see over anyone taller than me. I was in the 2nd or 3rd row back, so my view wasn't obstructed too terribly, but as you can imagine, peoples backs make better doors than they do windows. So I noticed a space between a father and his 2 daughters and the party next to them, so I kindly (in my opinion) said excuse me to the person in front of me and explained I couldn't see and told them if they didn't mind, I'd like to stand in the open spot in front of them. They moved over to let me through, and I thought that was that. Well, the father with the 2 daughters started talking ABOUT me, not TO me, to his daughters in a very passive aggressive way. Mind you, I stepped into an OPEN space in front of someone standing in front of me and in between two different parties. The father was saying "you've gotta be a pretty mean person to stand in the way of little kids, huh?" He was saying this to his daughters. I kinda found it an odd comment so I just shrugged it off and kept watching. Then he made another similar comment, about me being a magic ruiner, or something to that effect. By the third passive-aggressive comment, I said, "sir, I am not standing in front of your daughters, I am standing next to you and your daughters, what is the problem"? and they all just gave me a dirty look and didn't expand upon any of their rude comments. It was honestly so bizarre.

Wow, I'm surprised at how rude some people can be sometimes. It never stops amazing me. Kind of like a colleague of mine that had left something at my place for convenience as we were helping another colleague to move and her car is tiny. The day after she asked me if I wanted a lift home so she could pick up her item at the same time. I cycle to work, so I was a little hesitant as that would mean I would either have to walk back to work and pick up my bike the same day, or walk into work the next day. But I agreed anyway so she could pick up her item. You can imagine my face when she proceeded to ask me to pay towards petrol as she was doing me a favour in taking me home :rolleyes2 It only takes 5 minutes to drive home from work. What was worse was that she got mad when I refused to pay her, even when I explained why she didn't have any right in demanding money from me. I refused the lift in the end and she ended up sitting outside my house in her car waiting for me to get back on my bike.

OMG yes. @ the Haunted Mansion, some loud mouth lady on an ECV accused us of cutting in line (we didn't) and then proceeded to run over our feet with her ECV. She was one of those crazy entitled irrational people you see more and more these days.

OMG yes. @ the Haunted Mansion, some loud mouth lady on an ECV accused us of cutting in line (we didn't) and then proceeded to run over our feet with her ECV. She was one of those crazy entitled irrational people you see more and more these days.

I really do not like how the haunted mansion is set up once they open the doors and everyone has to run to the lines for the actual ride. Two years ago I was trying to hold my husbands hand so I would not get crushed a young group about knocked me over and I my hand was ripped from my husbands. Once he got in line he looked back at me way behind him like what happened? I said I can't get ran over trying to stay with my family, so he had me go around and come up with him. I said excuse me I need to get with my family, and the young girl was telling her friends how rude some people at Disney are!!! I don't think people realize it is so hard to stay together trying to get in line here, they will knock you over..

Ugh. So I know this doesn't really go with the title of this thread, but I have a story that is the complete opposite of this. We were at MVMCP about 3 years ago and weren't really planning on watching the parade, so didn't get a spot. We happened to be in Tomorrowland when DS noticed Else was about to light the castle and wanted to see, so we wandered over and happened to find a spot right behind a garbage can (I know it sounds gross, but these are GREAT spots if you are short, like us, because no one can stand in front of you). Well, it turns out, there was a large family who was spread out along the curb, the children sitting and the adults standing. It was quite obvious they had staked out these prime spots and had been waiting a long time to see the castle lighting and parade. One of the gentlemen in the family noticed my DS and gestured for him to go sit with the children in his group (we didn't even speak the same language - he was just so kind to gesture to my son). So, because of the kindness of this family, my DS got a great seat for the parade. I was shocked. After some of the behavior and selfishness I've seen at WDW, this was just a lovely thing for this family to do. They didn't care that they were there first. They had room, so they shared :)

Last October when I was at HS, there was this small girl, probably about 4-5 standing by herself in the middle of the main street/entranceway/etc (where they do the March), and she was bawling her eyes out, looking around like she was confused. I watched this for probably 60-90 seconds as people just looked at her and walked by, and after looking around for her adult/parental unit, I decided to go over and see if she needed help. I'm a teacher so I have a lot of empathy for kids who need help, and I swear there was nobody around her. As I walked up to her, I bent down to ask if she was okay and before she could respond, some guy came out of nowhere and pulled me up, kicked me right in the thigh, grabbed the girl and walked off, saying something along the lines that I knew that it was her Dad. I was on the ground in so much pain that a CM ran over and helped me get up and then called over the EMT's at the park. They felt bad and gave me free Memory Maker for my next trip (which was my big family trip a month later). I had a very hard time walking the rest of that trip and could only do the mornings, and didn't make it on a lot of rides because I was in so much pain. (I'm fine now, it subsided). Now, whenever I end up at HS, I take a selfie in the spot it happened. I remember the exact spot because it has a metal something or other on the ground that I scraped me knee on.
OMG! Was this man ejected from the park? Were the police called? You were assaulted, so I hope he was arrested or at the very least made to leave the park.
That is totally unacceptable.

We had an incident with a family while waiting in the line to meet Buzz and Woody at HS the other year. The wait was nearly 45 minutes. This family started behind about 4 families behind us, and as the line moved they would bunch up on people and then step past people in front of them, or on the turns take the inside part of the line and just walk past quickly as soon as the line moved up. 1 by 1, they kept cutting families. They pushed past me and my children and I let them have it verbally. The people behind me also pretty irate were chiming in as well. They appeared to be eastern european, (not that it matters). But they just ignored me and either pretended not to speak english, or truly didn't but they wouldn't even make eye contact so I think they knew very well what they were doing.
When we got up to the cast members taking photo's they were the family in front of me and I told the two cast members what they had done, with the people behind me backing me up. The cast member just looked at me and said "there is nothing I can do".
Probably one of the only bad encounters I have ever had at Disney in the dozen or so times we have gone there.

We had an incident with a family while waiting in the line to meet Buzz and Woody at HS the other year. The wait was nearly 45 minutes. This family started behind about 4 families behind us, and as the line moved they would bunch up on people and then step past people in front of them, or on the turns take the inside part of the line and just walk past quickly as soon as the line moved up. 1 by 1, they kept cutting families. They pushed past me and my children and I let them have it verbally. The people behind me also pretty irate were chiming in as well. They appeared to be eastern european, (not that it matters). But they just ignored me and either pretended not to speak english, or truly didn't but they wouldn't even make eye contact so I think they knew very well what they were doing.
When we got up to the cast members taking photo's they were the family in front of me and I told the two cast members what they had done, with the people behind me backing me up. The cast member just looked at me and said "there is nothing I can do".
Probably one of the only bad encounters I have ever had at Disney in the dozen or so times we have gone there.

Oh wow. This reminds me of the time DS and I were standing in line to see Mickey in Town Square. As DS and I were walking in the line, a woman holding her daughter's hand comes barreling through saying her mother is waiting for her at the front of the line. She barrels through everyone in the line, gets to the front, only to find her mother isn't there. So she calls her mother on her cell phone and it turns out, her mother isn't even in the building, so she tells her mother SHE is now in the front of the line and she needs to barrel herself through everyone in the line to meet her at the front. So, basically, she cut to the front of the line, called her mother and then told her mother to do the same. It was just ridiculous. As the woman was talking on the phone, I told a CM what was going on and the CM rolled her eyes. She then took the woman and daughter out of the line and handled the situation from there. People are bonkers!

Last year, I was taking the bus from mk to pop. I walked onto the back of the bus, standing room only. A boy suddenly stood up, overwhelmed with takeout containers and bags. He apologized profusely as he bumped into everyone as he headed to the front of the bus. I saw his empty seat, and directed my 12 year old to sit down. He has some health issues. The man next to that seat, sunburnt and very tired, vehemently used some colourful language and told my son he would not be sitting there. Ds and I were upset with how he told us this. He told us his son was letting a senior standing at the front of the bus sit. The senior declined and wanted to stay with her family. So the boy made his way back to ‘his’ seat.

I understand the boys parents were teaching him to be respectful, and he seemed like a nice kid. What I was upset about was the way his Dad talked to my boy. I was also upset that poor kid had to carry all those bags through everyone. I have always told my kids, if one of you gets a seat, you get to hold the bags so others don’t get bumped with bags while we are moving.

Yep, we stood in front of the family all the way to the resort, while I thought about what I could say, and if I said anything, would that trigger him to escalate? When we stopped, we waited for the people in front of us to file off. When there was an empty spot in front of me, the boys mom put her arm in the isle to get past me. I think she was going to cut in front and let her family off first. I was appalled. This family..... I am not sure why we were equal to dirt in their eyes. I walked around her arm, which surprised her, and told my kids to follow me. We never looked back, and never saw them again.

Ugh. So I know this doesn't really go with the title of this thread, but I have a story that is the complete opposite of this. We were at MVMCP about 3 years ago and weren't really planning on watching the parade, so didn't get a spot. We happened to be in Tomorrowland when DS noticed Else was about to light the castle and wanted to see, so we wandered over and happened to find a spot right behind a garbage can (I know it sounds gross, but these are GREAT spots if you are short, like us, because no one can stand in front of you). Well, it turns out, there was a large family who was spread out along the curb, the children sitting and the adults standing. It was quite obvious they had staked out these prime spots and had been waiting a long time to see the castle lighting and parade. One of the gentlemen in the family noticed my DS and gestured for him to go sit with the children in his group (we didn't even speak the same language - he was just so kind to gesture to my son). So, because of the kindness of this family, my DS got a great seat for the parade. I was shocked. After some of the behavior and selfishness I've seen at WDW, this was just a lovely thing for this family to do. They didn't care that they were there first. They had room, so they shared :)

Wow, that's awesome! We need more people with attitudes like that!

I was on the receiving line of things about 5 or 6 years ago. At the time my son was on the mend from some significant medical issues and remained under a doctor's care.

I'll share with you that we're really lucky, today, he's a healthy 10 year old child who has fully recovered from his early medical issues. We had come close to losing him several months before that Disney trip and we were celebrating that things were looking up while still cognizant of the fact that he had a long way to go and we wanted to take him back to Disney "just in case." Anyway, here's what happened.

We entered the bathroom (the one near Peter Pan) and the only stall open was an accessible stall. I took my son in there because he needed lots of extra help with several medical devices that were hidden by his clothing and a bag he carried. Anyway, we weren't in there long...just long enough to address his needs, get everything secure, wash our hands and leave.

This woman on a scooter comes over to the stall as we are leaving with her 2 daughters (both teens or older) and begins yelling at me for taking my "able bodied" son into a handicapped stall that is reserved for the use of people in a wheelchair! She and her daughters who are yelling at us at the top of their lungs then begin to follow us out as I pushed our way through outside and then another of her relations...a man...tells my son and I that he's a police officer and that he should arrest us and throw us both in jail while the rest of the family has kinda circled around us!

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a CM (one that tends to the restrooms) standing right there and never once did she help us, even as I was standing there yelling for someone to please help me that I was scared these people were going to hurt us and yelling for the family to leave us alone and stop threatening us. I finally picked up my son and ran through the circle of the family to get away. We were both terrified and kept on moving to get out of the park, and I was praying they weren't following us as they were clearly not rational people!

When we got out of the park, I sat on a bench and cried while trying to console a terrified child that thought the "police man" would take me away from him. What's really sad is that a man in a "uniform" who was a Disney employee came up to us and my son started screaming at him "don't take my mommy." I explained to the man what had happened and he was kind enough to get someone to escort us back to our hotel room to make sure we didn't have any problems. For that, I am forever grateful!

What I learned from my experience with my son is that not all "disabilities" are visible and I never question someone who appears to be "able bodied" who parks in a handicapped space or uses a handicapped bathroom stall. I'm sure they have their reasons and it's up to them to make sure they are valid because I'm only responsible for my actions and the actions of my child.

What I also learned is that there are people who aren't very nice everywhere you go and when you're in a bad situation, get out of it! If no one will help, do everything you can to get away from it!

Finally, the last thing I learned is that "bad" people come in all shapes, sizes and abilities and they can be anywhere so it's important to remain aware of your surroundings so you can navigate a pathway to safety.

Let me also add this, I was really lucky that I was able to get away and that no one physically harmed us in any significant way. They pushed us, yelled at us and cornered us...but we escaped!

I will tell you that we have been back to Disney several times and have met some truly wonderful people.

To this day, I'm glad my mom taught me to get away by any means possible when you find yourself in a bad situation...and I'm doing my best to teach my son that as well.

For a while the "magic" of the Magic Kingdom was lost for us, but I decided about a year after this incident that the "magic" was still there and that bad people could never take it away from me or my son unless I allowed them to do so. I also realized about this same time that the reason the CM (the restroom attendant person) didn't help was because she didn't know how to and that was OK since I really didn't either.

That is awful, I can't imagine that happening to that extent. I've seen someone do this before to someone else, but not to this level. They where in a wheel chair and complaining because a mother with a child was in the handicap stall. I was there and had no problems mentioning to the mother, as she was getting out apologizing for being in the stall; that I do that all the time with my kid, and how else are we suppose to handle our kids and strollers. Yes, if you see the handicap person in line BEFORE you get into the stall let them go first but to assume that it will just remain open is quite frankly absurd. The person in the wheel chair backed off, although was still annoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!