Has anyone eaten at Delphinia's?

DisOrBust

<font color=CC66CC>Tag Fairy does tags only, the A
Many of us are waiting to hear about this reastaurant at PFB. Has anyone been?

Sue

Just got back from 3 wk vacation and stayed at PB. The worst food we ever ate on the entire trip was at Delfino Riviera!! Very Poor service and very expensive also!!! The other 2 resturants at PB were very good.

CAN'T WAIT TILL DECEMBER 20, 2000!!!!

WILDERNESS LODGE~12/20/00-12/23/00
GRAND FLORIDIAN~12/23/00-12/26/00
PORTOFINO BAY~12/26/00-12/30/00
PORT ORLEANS~12/30/00-12/31/00
DISNEY WONDER CRUISE~12/31/00-1/4/01
BOARDWALK INN~1/4/01-1/7/01

xmas-dalm04.gif

Yikes! :eek: I almost cashed in our PS for V&A to do this restaurant! Thanks for the heads up!

Ha! Funny you should mention Vic and Als. Of all the places we ate Vic and Als was probably the best we ever ate not only on the trip but maybe in our entire lives!!! It was well worth the cost!!

I will try to write a trip report soon and include all of our likes and dislikes of the various resturants ok?

Still doing laundry ugghh!! :(

CAN'T WAIT TILL DECEMBER 20, 2000!!!!

xmas-dalm04.gif

Thank you DisneyWonderWoman! I am sorry you had to spend all that money to have a bad meal :(
I have been asking about this restaurant for months! We were there in December and now I guess thankfully it was closed and we opted for Mama Della's. What a great meal we had there! A question for you...Do you think it was possible they had a bad night? What did you order? Thank you again for sharing :D

jessica5.gif

JessicaR,
If it was a bad night then every single thing we ordered alacarte was bad and my husband and I ordered different items.

I was really looking forward to a good Italian meal. I am Italian and we have eaten at some
wonderful Italian Resturants and I was so upset that not only was the food terrible but the service was awful also.

I ordered an appetizer of crab stuffed ravioli. What a joke. There were like five tiny and I mean tiny about a half and inch in size (kid size) stuffed with I don't know what. It looked like nothing was in there. The sauce was some sort of cream that was pink in color and was fishy tasting. Couldnt eat that either.

I had minestrone soup that was like a broth with no taste and nothing else really in the soup. I put parmesan cheese and it didn't help so I asked them to take it away after a few spoonfuls.
Hubby didn't like his soup either. (I think it was some kind of chicken soup) Again, just a tasteless, flavorless broth.

Ordered salads and again it was very tasteless (the dressing) I really had to doctor it up a bit.
It was just some iceberg lettuce with a tomato. Very blah.

By now I am thinking its just us and then I over hear another couple sending something back.

We were short silverware. Never offered us water. They kept bugging us several times about ordering wine. We didn' t care for any.

The entree comes and this was the worst of all. I ordered lobster and other seafood in a broth type soup. I thought I was eating rubber. I was chewing for more than a minute or two and wound up taking it out of my mouth because I couldnt chew it or swallow it.
By then I was very upset and called the waiter over and told him that every thing I had eaten was awful and he just looked at me like I was the one with the problem. He did offer to bring me some pasta but I told him that after trying so many things that were all awful that I certainly was not going to try something else.
My husbands said his veal was edible but certainly not worth the price. It was a little chewy.

We left the resturant very disgusted and dissapointed since this place came highly recommended in my universal book. We noticed the menu posted outside and looked at the very bottom and the chefs name was different from the chefs name that was in my universal book. Maybe thats why it was so bad because they changed chefs.

We went over to Mama Dellas and hoped we were not going to have another bad meal. It was fantastic and so was the service!!!

Thanks so much for going into detail. How awful and unfortunate. I am happy you were able to enjoy your meal at Mama Della's. My next trip back there is no question in my mind that I will have another meal at Mama's and Delfino is no longer a thought. I can eat at Mama's twice with the money saved! :)

jessica5.gif

How much did your meal cost? We were also intrigued by this restaurant from the review in "Universal Escape". The Chicago tribune just had a review of fine Orlando dining and basicaly said Delfinos was as good as Emerils and V&A. I wonder if these "reviewers" even go to the restaurants or just print the press reviews the restaurants send!

So they did nothing when you complained? That does not reflect well on he restaurant or the hotel.

I thought we were the only ones! We ate at
Delfino Riviera during the first of our two
FL visits in 2000 back in June. We were staying
at Wilderness Lodge at that time and made a
special trip over just for dinner based on a
review I had read. We have eaten in many
wonderful Italian restaurants and were VERY
disappointed in this one. I now cannot even
remember what we ate--I think I've blocked it
from memory! I do remember that I was unimpressed
with the menu selections which I felt were very
limited and overall the food struck me as bland.
Also, the service was extremely disappointing for
a restaurant in the high-end price range. I don't
mind paying big bucks for a really great dining
experience, but here I just felt taken.
In November, we returned to FL and stayed at
Portofino Bay but avoided Delfino's. We didn't
eat at Mama Della's but I did enjoy the food at
Trattoria del Porto and loved the casual dining
at Sal's. Great pizza and wonderful salads.
I've resisted posting a negative opinion of
Delfino Riviera thinking it might have been an
off night, but now I feel somewhat vindicated.

By the way, one of the most wonderful dining
experiences we had in June was at a restaurant
which I think is often overlooked and that is
Arthur's 27 on the 27th floor of the hotel that
was once the Buena Vista Palace. I'm drawing
a blank on the new chain--Grosvenor? Wyndham?
The menu choices, food quality, service and
atmosphere are all top of the line and the view
can't be beat.

Figment22

DisorBust,
The waiter told me I wouldn't have to pay for my entree and made sure 2 other people came over to tell me the same thing.

I explained to them very nicely that I would hope that they wouldn't charge us for it because I never even ate any of it and that I had to take the piece of whatever it was (suppose to be lobster but had the texture of rubber)out of my mouth.

I also told them that I had sent other things back but they said that I should have said something earlier.

I really didn't want to create a scene so we just quickly paid our bill and left. I really think they must have a new chef or something.

BTW in the 3 weeks that we were there (Disney and Universal area) I would have to say that Vic and Als was by far the best meal we have ever eaten in our lives!!
Emmerils was our second favorite.
I hope to write a trip report soon with reviews of all the places we ate.
:)

I agree. My husband and I ate there a week ago for our anniversary and were very unhappy. It was a very expensive meal and wasn't very good. I might add that we are both Italian and know what Italian food should taste like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter