Has anyone done this before??

sarah_n_brian2006

<font color=deeppink>No questions asked and they w
I was wandering if anyone with an evening ceremony at YC Gazebo, has ever decorated the gazebo with lights abd candles? I saw the Hillary Duff movie, A Cinderella Story, and I love the Gazebo they go to!! Minus the whole greenery thing. If so, what are the details?

I think the last "time" you can choose is 5:00pm. I may be wrong, but I do believe that is what it is. I dont believe at any time of the year it would really be really dark at 5pm.

If they have updated this and the times are later someone will post here and correct me. But I do think its 5pm.

The other thing about this location is depending on the time of year it can get really windy there. B/c of this, Disney has limitations on what you can and can not do with candles in an open setting. For example, our location I thought would get NO wind at all in May. We were in the gazebo in the UK pavilion. I was wrong. It was really windy and they did require me to rent hurricane shades for the candles (unity and memorial). The other way that you can get the look without the candle danger is to use the electronic battery operated candles. Those get expensive, but are worth it. I was not allowed to have real candles for my dessert party at Epcot.

We were married at the YCG at 5:30 pm in late October (day before daylight savings change) and sunset was 7:00 or so.... but it was starting to get dark after the ceremony.

All of our candles had to be in hurricane globes or containers and it was quite windy!

The Gazebo has lights on the top of it already. I saw a wedding when it was dusk and they had the lights on - looked really beautiful! They may not allow you to have real candles but what about LED light votives etc - i had those for my DP and they were gorgeous!

I mean like adding more to the gazebo to light it up. Also can I request the gardens to be lit up? Do you thin I'm asking too much? I think the lights would make it that much better.

You also have to think about the backgrounds of your pictures...if it's dark, you won't see anything. I think a Custom Wedding can go later into the evening than an Intimate because you are not doing a cake cutting right there. Lights can be added but I have heard it can be very costly...especially for such a short time.

Are there actual time slots to choose from for weddings and ceremonies? I'm just curious - if they are, what are they? I'm thinking of the Yacht Club in particular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter