Has anyone done just the Escape with no extras?

I got married in December 2008, and we had the basic Escape wedding, added on some flowers ($250 worth), and then the Magic Kingdom photo shoot. It was wonderful. My flower add ons were petals for the flower girl basket, extra boutonnieres, petals for the cake table, rose wand for my niece, and refresh for my flowers for the Magic Kingdom shoot.

We were married on a Monday, and all my family had to work Tuesday in North Alabama, so after our noon wedding they had to make the 12 hour drive. So, we had a BEAUTIFUL wedding, had cake and relaxed with our family, and then told them bye. We were then able to go change and be in Magic Kingdom by 4pm. It was the most stress-free day I have ever had. I am sure all the extras are nice, but ours was affordable, and the wedding of our dreams.

HTH :thumbsup2

We only added the MK Photo shoot and did a Grand 1 Wishes cruise (which was booked separate from DFTW).

We had the minimum floral, standard cake, no added decorations, etc. We didn't have the coach or any other additional transportation, nor did we have characters, etc.

We used outside photography and videography (worth every penny!)

It was affordable, beautiful, intimate and perfect for us!! I wouldn't change a thing if I had it to do over with!!

We had the basic escape wedding. we did not add anything, not even guests :rotfl: It was just me and DH. We had the standard cake, chose from the flowers that were on the list given and the songs the were provided for the violinist to play. Our wedding was perfect and I wouldn't have had it any other way!!! :goodvibes

We did it 3 years ago and back then, since we're FL residents and have Disney Passes, they called it an "Add-on Intimate Wedding" but it was basically the same as an Escape wedding today. The only big differences being the officiant was included in the cost then, and I think now you get Passes.

We added some floral (wand for MOH, bouts for dads, corsage for MIL), added chocolate favors, a bottle of non-alcoholic cider, and upgraded our cake. We used Disney photography (had Ty and loved him - love our pictures!). No dinner, no dessert party, but we did host a brunch the next day as almost everyone had to go home. We had 8 guests plus MOH and honestly it was the most perfect wedding I could have ever hoped for! It was exactly what DH and I wanted and a completely magical day :cloud9:

We had our Escape wedding last May. It was just DH and myself and our 4 kids in attendance. The only add-ons were floral for the two girls, a tulle swag to decorate the altar area, and an upgrade cake topper. We also added an extra hour of photography on the beach in front of the Beach Club (worth the splurge).

We LOVED our wedding day. It was perfect. Would not have changed a thing.

We had our Escape wedding last May. It was just DH and myself and our 4 kids in attendance. The only add-ons were floral for the two girls, a tulle swag to decorate the altar area, and an upgrade cake topper. We also added an extra hour of photography on the beach in front of the Beach Club (worth the splurge).

We LOVED our wedding day. It was perfect. Would not have changed a thing.

We're currently planning an escape with a few extras. I've thought about doing another hour or two for before/after photos, on the beach and at the hotel. Do you mind telling me how much they charged you for the extra hour on the beach?
Thanks!!

Disney photog is $175 per hour. We are thinking of adding 2 hours - 1 1/2 hours before and 1/2 hour after, so that comes to $350.

The only extras we are getting:

$25 for rose petals on the cake table (may not get as I may buy fabric, not sure yet)

$350 for extra photography (may not get due to the economy)

$15 for rental of 3 hurricane globes for Unity Candle ceremony at Sea Breeze Point

$24 for one extra bottle of cider for toast (if all the guests attend)

Thats it!

I did an Escape wedding with just a few extras - a couple extra bottles of Fairy Tale Cuvee and Mickey & Minnie at the reception.

Honestly, it was absolutely perfect. It would have been perfect without any extras as well :) I will say, though, that Mickey & Minnie at the reception really was an inspired idea. The 18 guests we had LOVED hanging out with them and getting their pictures taken with them.

Best of luck with your planning! :)

I had an Escape, with minimal extras and it was perfect. We added on the MK shoot, a small flower arrangement for the altar in the WP, and corsages/boutonnieres. We had outside photography as well since it was a better deal than the included Disney photos.

I actually was going to add a whole bunch of extras. upgraded bouquet The sand ceremony, extra buttonieres and a corsage and the ariel photography packages but had to nix almost all of that due to the economy.

As of now the only extras are:
My upgraded bouquet +$50
The Ariel Photography Package+ $350
cider for guests(if they show)+24 a bottle

I don't think I would mind getting rid of any of it though! As long as I am marrying my fiance I don't care what is there!:goodvibes
Except my bouquet. I won't leave that out...I have to have it:lmao:

We did a basic escape wedding in early january and i must say it was perfect. We got married at seabreeze pointe and it was so beautiful it didn't need anything else. We did add a single flower for the best man and one for the maid of honor.
We also added the black and white photographer and it was worth all $350 dollars. we chose to forgo the disney photo album and have all the photos sent to us on cd,s o we could do our own prints. I think cost and additional $350, but it was so worth it. The photos are amazing and the disney photographers were both great.
I wouldn't change a single thing about it.

We did the escape and I only added on extra floral. It was perfect. I really am truly blessed because our wedding day was perfect :)

You can't go wrong with an escape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!