Has anyone done a Disney Florist In-room Celebration?

Just want to see if anyone has any more photos, I am going to do this for my August trip :goodvibes

Just want to see if anyone has any more photos, I am going to do this for my August trip :goodvibes

Anyone got photos?

Also just wondering if I am reading this right, the difference between the Grand Welcome and Mickey Welcome is the size of the plush, blanket, and cookie bouquet? Is that right? Can I sort of design my own welcome? I would want the grand, but with 2 smaller plushes instead of the one super big guy or add treats and a plush and blanket (possibly) to the other. Any ideas if that is an option? I should probably just call.:confused3

We ordered the Pirate hat one ($25) for the boys on our last trip. They loved it. I was kinda disappointed that they just handed them to us at check-in, but they were still thrilled.

I ordered the pirate themed beer tub for my husbands birthday at AKL last April. I had asked for it to be delivered on our arrival. Two days later it had still not arrived. Finally I noticed a message on the phone. When I called it was guest services and they had a package to deliver. When I asked why they hadn't brought it and left it in the room while we were out, they said they couldn't because it contained alcoholic beverages and it needed to be received by someone of legal drinking age. I was a little disappointed as it kind of ruined the element of surprise. All the same it was a great basket and contained beer from around the world and snacks. My husband still loved it.

I ordered one of the romance baskets for my husband when we were there for our honeymoon. We loved it. It cam ewith a bottle of bubbly, 2 mickey champagne glasses, crackers and cheese, and a silver platter. It was great, and was waiting for us in the room when we got back from the park.

ebloom.......call Amanda N @ Disney Florist. She helped me put together a Mickey's Welcome pkg w/2 plushes and more stuff too! I even had some things ordered from the Disneystore.com and sent to her to put in the room w/the pkg. We're checking in early (~9-10a) and asked that it be delivered that nite while we're at dinner, from 6-8p. You can PM me if you have any further questions.

I can't wait to see the kids' faces!

Not sure if a 'celebration' is different then just a flower arrangement being delivered? :) We were there right before Mothers Day so i called the Disney florist and had them deliver a vase of flowers for my step mother. The lady on the phone was very helpful. When we first checked in, the flowers were not there. After dinner, we got back to our room and they were waiting on the desk in the room. They were gorgeous! My step mother loved them and they brighted up the room in the Poly. :) I woudl highly recommend them. They lasted all week that we were there and worth the money.

I can't access my picture website to post a direct photo on here but here's the page of my trip report where I posted the photo. It's towards the bottom of the post.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=27328169&postcount=332

Hello Feralpeg !,

As A Childhood Disney Fan I want to Congratulate You on Becoming A Dream Maker.

I am Thinking about The Mickey and Pals' Big Birthday Bash, OR Mickey's Grand Welcome In Room Celebration Package, But I have A Question to ask you.

Is there a way that you all can do JUST The Celebrate Banner, The TinkerBell Shadow Thing, The Light Up It's My Birthday Lanyard and The Mickey Mouse Present WITHOUT the KING SIZE Mickey Mouse Plush, The Personalized Mickey Ears, The Balloon Wall Decoration, and The Autograph Book?
Being that When My Mom and I Come To Walt Disney World On
September 7th Via Airplane and Disney's Magical Express so That I will ALREADY be There On My Birthday On September 8th this year, and
I WILL ALREADY HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH BOOK that I have made FOR ME TO USE FOR THIS TRIP REGUARDLESS and I WILL NOT LET THE DAY END without Seeing Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse To Top it off.
ALSO, I saw A Picture of A Mickey Mouse Plush with His Party Hat On Carrying A Birthday Cake with A Candle On It, Along with A Bright Pink Minnie Mouse Carrying A Bright Pink Balloon In Her Left Hand. I Have My Sights Set On Bying Me One of Those Somehow. I like The Birthday Mickey and Minnie Mouse Plush Dolls that They Have A Lot. If I get help in Going this route, What are The Chances of Me Winding Up with TWO Autograph Books Signed with A Birthday Wish From Mickey?

Thank you for Your Time !,

- Dwight

Hello Feralpeg !,

As A Childhood Disney Fan I want to Congratulate You on Becoming A Dream Maker.

I am Thinking about The Mickey and Pals' Big Birthday Bash, OR Mickey's Grand Welcome In Room Celebration Package, But I have A Question to ask you.

Is there a way that you all can do JUST The Celebrate Banner, The TinkerBell Shadow Thing, The Light Up It's My Birthday Lanyard and The Mickey Mouse Present WITHOUT the KING SIZE Mickey Mouse Plush, The Personalized Mickey Ears, The Balloon Wall Decoration, and The Autograph Book?
Being that When My Mom and I Come To Walt Disney World On
September 7th Via Airplane and Disney's Magical Express so That I will ALREADY be There On My Birthday On September 8th this year, and
I WILL ALREADY HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH BOOK that I have made FOR ME TO USE FOR THIS TRIP REGUARDLESS and I WILL NOT LET THE DAY END without Seeing Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse To Top it off.
ALSO, I saw A Picture of A Mickey Mouse Plush with His Party Hat On Carrying A Birthday Cake with A Candle On It, Along with A Bright Pink Minnie Mouse Carrying A Bright Pink Balloon In Her Left Hand. I Have My Sights Set On Bying Me One of Those Somehow. I like The Birthday Mickey and Minnie Mouse Plush Dolls that They Have A Lot. If I get help in Going this route, What are The Chances of Me Winding Up with TWO Autograph Books Signed with A Birthday Wish From Mickey?

- Dwight

Thank you! Being a Dream Maker is a great job!

Sadly, sometimes, I have to tell people things they don't want to hear. At this time, they will not allow us to sell items from the in-room celebrations packages outside the entire package. It is a coordination issue. If we started to sell the items individually, they could run short for the packages.

I know exactly the plush you are talking about. We do not carry those plush at the Florist, but you should be able to find them at any of the large stores in the theme parks or at World of Disney at DTD.

Thank you! Being a Dream Maker is a great job!

Sadly, sometimes, I have to tell people things they don't want to hear. At this time, they will not allow us to sell items from the in-room celebrations packages outside the entire package. It is a coordination issue. If we started to sell the items individually, they could run short for the packages.

I know exactly the plush you are talking about. We do not carry those plush at the Florist, but you should be able to find them at any of the large stores in the theme parks or at World of Disney at DTD.

Well Feralpeg,

I`d Rather Hear The Truth about it, than Hear One thing and Getting More That I thought I was gonna get, should I get help in going this route.
So, " Pat On The Back ", I Appreciate Your Honesty, and Being Upfront
with me. I Have A Stiffer Baggage and Luggage Weight Fee and Policy from US Airways to deal with, and Also, I am On A Quest for Anything Available ONLY during The What will you celebrate? Where Dreams Come True Promotion that I am able to get.
That means if I DO Choose to and get help in going this route,
In the Outcome, Somebody ( Guest OR Cast Member) might end up getting
A Free Mickey Mouse Plush Doll, Balloon Wall Decoration, and Chocolate Candy Cake. I Physically cannot DO Chocolate Candy.
However, The Whole thing IS kind of Temptaion for me with the Special Celebrate Wall Banner, Tinker Bell Shadow Thing, and
The Light Up "It's My Birthday" Lanyard.

I am just entertaining the thought of doing this for now.

Thank you for Your Time and Truthfullness !,

- Dwight

I ordered the Minnie and Mickey Congratulations in room celebration for my DH in Jan for our anniversary. I also added a gift basket with a bottle of wine, the mickey glasses, crackers, cheese, and chocolates He was totally surprised, and he loved it. It looked wonderful, and I was happy with the experience. :)

I am so thinking of getting the MIckey Mouse's Grand Welcome for DS 4 :cool1: I just don't think he would care for the :

A pair of Mickey Mouse mitts holds a special “Hidden Mickey” book so you and your group can enjoy a secret hunt around the Disney theme parks.

Still torn on which package to order.

Please post pics of your MMGW! Excited to see what it really looks like and if it is as cool as it looks! :yay:

Hi Feralpeg,

I noticed a mickey and minnie cookie bouquet in one of the packages, and I wanted to get one for each of my kids on our upcoming trip. I couldn't find the cookie bouquet on the website other than in the package. Does that mean they are not available?

Thanks!

And how about for guests staying at AKL? Is the price discounted since they do not allow balloons in the resort? I am interested in doing something like this for our DS's in May. Can the baskets be customized or must they all contain the exact things listed? Thanks. :)

Hi Feralpeg,

I noticed a mickey and minnie cookie bouquet in one of the packages, and I wanted to get one for each of my kids on our upcoming trip. I couldn't find the cookie bouquet on the website other than in the package. Does that mean they are not available?

Thanks!

The cookie bouquet is not available outside the in-room decor package.

And how about for guests staying at AKL? Is the price discounted since they do not allow balloons in the resort? I am interested in doing something like this for our DS's in May. Can the baskets be customized or must they all contain the exact things listed? Thanks. :)

For guest staying at AKL, a wall hanging that looks like balloons is used instead of real balloons.

It is possible to add on to a package, but the existing packages cannot be modified.

For guest staying at AKL, a wall hanging that looks like balloons is used instead of real balloons.

It is possible to add on to a package, but the existing packages cannot be modified.

Hello Feralpeg !,

I have A Question For You, In Obvious Cases This is more of A Challenge.
This is More About Getting around the Stingier Baggage and Luggage Policy and Weight Limit Fees from US Airways A.K.A. US Air.:confused3
Nowadays, they will ONLY ALLOW SOOO Much Luggage and Baggage On An Airplane and I am wandering if you all like have anyways of Shipping things off that you are not able to carry home with you On Your Flight from Your In Room Celebrations Package, Should it be like One of The BIGGER Packages, like Mickey's Welcome, Or Mickey and Pals' Birthday Bash, etc.?
In Other Words, Some of The Things that You all are Offering are VERY EXCLUSIVE and TEMPTING TO ME:thumbsup2, But I don't want to seek help in Pursuing this and I may not be able to carry it all back home with me because of
These NEWWER Baggage and Luggage Weight Limit Policies and Fees from
US Airways. :confused3

- Dwight

Dwight~
I'm not peg, even though she did decorate my room for my DD last June and it was ADORABLE!!!

I can answer your question. The resorts can ship anything back home for you. I had to do this a couple of times while flying! Just take it to the lobby and they will ship it.

Oh Disney makes sure there are many many ways to blow your money :rotfl2:

Ok I am confused. If rooms aren't assigned until check-in and nothing can be in them then how is the grand welcome done? Do you go to your room and see it plain and bare and then come back later and the grand welcome will be there? That seems crazy to me if that's right. That needs to be there when you first open the door!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter