Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Any suggestions on cleaning up a mistake made with black nail polish? My son wanted these little swirly designs from stencils, and the one right next to the mickey head smudged. I tried to clean it up and now it is a big mess. Is there a trick to removing the black polish? or maybe I need to paint over it with red, but will this create even more mess, and will I need to paint the whole thing red? I might end up having to just make a bigger design over it, but would love to be able to fix it if you guys have any tips!

Nail Polish Remover! It may take a while to get it completely off because its black but it should work.

I tried nail polish remover and it smudged and made a bigger mess-if I keep at it will it eventually all come off? I was afraid to make it worse and stopped trying but if others have had it eventually come off I will keep working!

I tried nail polish remover and it smudged and made a bigger mess-if I keep at it will it eventually all come off? I was afraid to make it worse and stopped trying but if others have had it eventually come off I will keep working!

I did touch up with nail polish remover - I dipped a qtip into it and carefully touched up the places where the polish went wrong. I also got some disposable make-up applicators that are sort of like qtips with flat surfaces - a little less loose cotton.

well - i took the first step. my magic band is out of the box and on my arm.

i'm waiting for inspiration and bravery to strike.

Our MagicBands finally arrived today, so we've started working on decorating them. I'm thinking I'm going to print my Small World design print onto white vinyl window cling, and do my husband's classic EPCOT symbols as temporary tattoos on clear water slide paper. I'll be sure to post pictures when we have them done, hopefully in the next day or two!

It took some doing -- those sucker won't lay flat enough to scan, and measuring bit by bit is a pain -- but I managed to make a template, and I thought I'd share it in case it's useful for other people. I make no guarantees as to the accuracy, but hey, it's better than anything I could find online. The full band is on the left, with Mickey heads and holes indicated, and then there's a blank template of just the colored section on the right. The page is sized to 8.5x11, and there's a 1" reference mark on the page so you can make sure it printed at the right size -- be sure to tell your program to print at 100% and not to scale to page.

Hope someone else finds this helpful!

I don't want to embed the image, since it's huge, but you can find it at http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy3/gilanamia/Magicbandtemplate-01.png

There are two ways that come to my mind... I've been using decals from MyFantasyBands to decorate mine and they come on vinyl decals. Maybe someone in the area could print it up on vinyl for you?

Second option I could have sworn I saw somewhere in this thread that someone found a website that lets you upload your own images that they then print and send your way for decals. You would have to search the thread though. I can't remember what that is.

I would LOVE that service!I scoured google for places that still do disney looking designs and it looks like they all quit for legal reasons :headache:

I was looking in to getting vinyl paper for my home printer and printing my own then putting packing tape over the image to seal my ink and cutting to fit.
I would love to just be able to do the send a pic to a company and get my band idea. If there is not a service out there, anyone wanna start a business for me? lol

I don't know if I can post the website, but MagicYourBand .com will let you upload your own photos or images to their bands. I haven't used it -- just read about it on a Disney blog somewhere.

I did use clear nail polish under the smaller gems. I haven't used it in the parks yet as we don't leave until Sunday, but I will update how they held up when I get back. I actually got the gems at Walmart in the scrapbooking section.

Thanks Racefan! Have a super trip!!

Thanks, Mermaid Mommy! I think I just found the solution for my fears around not being able to decorate our bands due to lack of skill.

I didn't have anything ready to upload, but they had several fun patterns to choose from. And I was able to customize with text as well. PLUS - estimated arrival time is 5 days - and they will ship to our resort (which is a huge thing since we're so close to leaving).

They were really nice and responded both to my general inquiry as well as a personal e-mail to confirm my order. I'll post again to let you know how it works out.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Magic_Kingdom_Park_7120925919_zps480985c4.jpg

These are mom and I's MB from our Christmas trip this year! Can't wait to do our next ones!!

Our trip isn't until August but I'm already thinking about how to decorate our Magic Bands. I think for mine I'd like a pretty, delicate swirl pattern, and my sister can cut vinyl so I might just find a swirl pattern I like and have her cut it for me (very thin and delicate) and then use that for mine. Would you put anything (nail polish base coat, etc.) on the band before applying the vinyl decal? And then what would you recommend to go over the top of the vinyl decal -- clear nail polish top coat, Mod Podge, etc.?

Thanks!

Our trip isn't until August but I'm already thinking about how to decorate our Magic Bands. I think for mine I'd like a pretty, delicate swirl pattern, and my sister can cut vinyl so I might just find a swirl pattern I like and have her cut it for me (very thin and delicate) and then use that for mine. Would you put anything (nail polish base coat, etc.) on the band before applying the vinyl decal? And then what would you recommend to go over the top of the vinyl decal -- clear nail polish top coat, Mod Podge, etc.?

Thanks!

I just recently decorated two (haven't been to the parks with them yet so untested) doing a layer of acrylic and then vinyl decal over it and then a glossy acrylic sealer over it. I like how they turned out.

If you don't want to go back and hunt I've got links to posts on how I did them in my PTR (see link in my signature)

I have also read a lot of posts where people just do vinyl and nothing else and it still holds up well.

Have spent hours looking through this thread and have a couple questions. I'm just wanting a sort of 'frosty' glittery color over the bands without really changing the colors, just want to soften the color and add sparkle. Would you suggest using a clear glitter nail polish? Any certain brands that you have liked? Not sure if the clear would have the the effect I'm after or if I need an actual color with glitter polish.
Also, I've read posts about top coat polish cracking. Would it be best to use just a clear polish over the top rather than an actual top coat? Or a base coat? Again would love to know what others have had the best luck with.
And if I apply gems, or flat back pearl stick-ons, which is what my dd wants, I've seen people have had good luck with super glue. Would I also want to put a clear coat of polish over the tops of these to help seal them, or not necessary?
If I outline the Mickey Head with fine tip sharpie, and then go over it with nail polish will this seal the sharpie or smear it?

Thanks! Trying to get prepared, for our MB's when they arrive in Feb. Very jealous of the talent of so many of you! I'm NOT crafty or artistic, and need someone to tell me exactly what to do:upsidedow

Done! It took a couple of false start; I tried using window decals for the Small World band at first, but couldn't get it attached to the MagicBand very well, so ended up printing it on temporary tattoo paper, which is also how I did the EPCOT one. Kind of wish I had used white nail polish under the Small World art, but I'm still really happy with how it came out. The clock is printed on the window decal paper, glued onto cardboard, coated front back and edges with nail polish, then glued onto the MagicBand, so fingers crossed that it survives. My husband has a Disney blog at http://MagicandMisadventures.com, and he's planning on writing a post with details about how we made them and how it worked out after we get back, so I'll be sure to post here when it's up.

MagicBands.jpg

Done! It took a couple of false start; I tried using window decals for the Small World band at first, but couldn't get it attached to the MagicBand very well, so ended up printing it on temporary tattoo paper, which is also how I did the EPCOT one. Kind of wish I had used white nail polish under the Small World art, but I'm still really happy with how it came out. The clock is printed on the window decal paper, glued onto cardboard, coated front back and edges with nail polish, then glued onto the MagicBand, so fingers crossed that it survives. My husband has a Disney blog at http://MagicandMisadventures.com, and he's planning on writing a post with details about how we made them and how it worked out after we get back, so I'll be sure to post here when it's up.

MagicBands.jpg

These came out great!! I decorated mine with Its a small world too. I am sure they will hold up.

We leave tomorrow, assuming our flight can get out with all the snow we've been having. Here are the bands I did for this trip. All are acrylic paint with DuraClear gloss varnish. There's also another band with the castle and fireworks (just a duplicate of one I did last time), two of the Epcot ones, and a small world clock tower that's only half finished.

We leave tomorrow, assuming our flight can get out with all the snow we've been having. Here are the bands I did for this trip. All are acrylic paint with DuraClear gloss varnish. There's also another band with the castle and fireworks (just a duplicate of one I did last time), two of the Epcot ones, and a small world clock tower that's only half finished. http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/mgszoke/media/imagejpg1_zpsc5f0173d.jpg.html

Those are great! Especially like the Tigger one - he's a favorite character of mine. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter