Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

I finally got a picture of my MB. It is not as fancy as those of you who can free paint but I still like how it came out. I loved the color which was called waves which is perfect for a background for a mermaid.

IMG5423_zps10ce4b36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5424_zps9c20f52f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5429_zpsbda1763f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My second MB is still in process. I plan on duing it simular to the Mermaid band except I will be adding Princess Jasmine on it once I get the rub ons. I also ordered blue irridescent round flatback crystals to put over the holes. Once it is done I will post a picture but for now here is the color I painted it.

IMG5426_zps53edc4fc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5427_zpsfec34c04.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

horse11, that color is perfect! It is such a simple idea but it is very effective. Can't wait to see the other one when it is finished.

horse11, that color is perfect! It is such a simple idea but it is very effective. Can't wait to see the other one when it is finished.

I also loved the colors and that is the exact reason I went it a more simple design. I thought if I put too much on the MB it would take away some of the effect of the color;)

I finally got a picture of my MB. It is not as fancy as those of you who can free paint but I still like how it came out. I loved the color which was called waves which is perfect for a background for a mermaid.

IMG5423_zps10ce4b36.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5424_zps9c20f52f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG5429_zpsbda1763f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is absolutely gorgeous! How difficult was it to get the rub on to adhere to the band? Cant wait to see how the Jasmine one turns out.

Oh WOW......I LOVE the way he's looking at that Mickey head!!! (No that's NOT the head you found in the lake...). And the holes in the duck??? Genius. This is amazing. Thanks for sharing!!!

Thanks. It means a lot to me to hear that. I had such a hard time with his expression...it took many tries to get it to look like that.

This is absolutely gorgeous! How difficult was it to get the rub on to adhere to the band? Cant wait to see how the Jasmine one turns out.

It was not hard at all but since it was my first time doing it I think I rubed either to soft or not long enough and it it ripped slightly. The nice thing about the rub ons is I was able to push on it slightly so the crack was closer together then I applied the base coat over it press down on it to hold it. Even with these close up picture I doubt you can tell. I also applied some glitter in her hair and a green metalic simmer powder to her tail then put base coat over it. to me it gave a more elegant look to it. When painting the mickey I finally got smart and used an eye liner brush. It worked sooooo much easier.

What's this? Sorry...I couldn't resist. ;)

The mickey head glows in the dark...
16asmqf.jpg

348k3yr.jpg

A better view of the duck toy
xml7oi.jpg

1t99ae.jpg

I am ridiculously excited to (finally) have my Nightmare Before Christmas MB. I gave up the first time around and went for Maleficent, but I couldn't wait to get a second MB so that I could have my Nightmare MB too. ig ot everything that I wanted on there except Zero. I was finished before I realized it, so I left it as it was.

I added top coat to the Maleficent band and it cracked, so I am in the process of redoing that one. I think I will go in a different direction this time though...maybe something less dark.

WOW!!! I love this!!! Are you planning on wearing it to MNSSHP. Seems as if it would be perfect for that. You and all these other people who can paint like that should start selling them on Etsy. I would buy one;)

It was not hard at all but since it was my first time doing it I think I rubed either to soft or not long enough and it it ripped slightly. The nice thing about the rub ons is I was able to push on it slightly so the crack was closer together then I applied the base coat over it press down on it to hold it. Even with these close up picture I doubt you can tell. I also applied some glitter in her hair and a green metalic simmer powder to her tail then put base coat over it. to me it gave a more elegant look to it. When painting the mickey I finally got smart and used an eye liner brush. It worked sooooo much easier.

It doesn't sound too difficult. I may give it a try on my next magic band, though rub ons and I don't always get along. There always seems to be a section that doesn't get enough pressure so it doesn't stick. I do like that the colors really pop on the band.

I'm so happy to finally be able to post photos of my magic band. I cannot draw at all so I went with stickers. I love the way it turned out.

Love the color of this band and it really is shiny. Did you use a base coat or top coat. I would love to hear how well the stickers hold up. There are some many neat stickers and not as many rub ons so I would love to go that route it it works well.

Love the color of this band and it really is shiny. Did you use a base coat or top coat. I would love to hear how well the stickers hold up. There are some many neat stickers and not as many rub ons so I would love to go that route it it works well.

The blue is Sally Hanson Triple Shine Wavy Blue. It's metallic with a bit of purple in it. There is one coat of Pure Ice Over You glitter nail polish over that. I had to replace the two stickers on the sides of the band as they started to bubble, even with several layers of base coat on them. I think part of the problem was the glitter created more of a bumpy surface. Next time I would place the stickers first and paint the glitter polish around them. I used about 3 layers of base coat over the whole band, with extra coats over the stickers.

The blue is Sally Hanson Triple Shine Wavy Blue. It's metallic with a bit of purple in it. There is one coat of Pure Ice Over You glitter nail polish over that. I had to replace the two stickers on the sides of the band as they started to bubble, even with several layers of base coat on them. I think part of the problem was the glitter created more of a bumpy surface. Next time I would place the stickers first and paint the glitter polish around them. I used about 3 layers of base coat over the whole band, with extra coats over the stickers.

That is the same brand I used just a different color! Yeah that is just it. Seems you have to expirement a little when making these bands. I am planning on getting some MB from ebay just to play around with different tecniques. I may also try the bag tecnique for tattoos on one of them.

I am ridiculously excited to (finally) have my Nightmare Before Christmas MB.... everything that I wanted on there except Zero. I was finished before I realized it, so I left it as it was.

Now you need a new MB so you can do another one to include Zero. Love your band, beautiful, more Nightmare!!!!

Love your mermaid band, the color IS perfect! Where do you get the rub ons? We have lots of tattoos but haven't seen the rub ons.

Love your mermaid band, the color IS perfect! Where do you get the rub ons? We have lots of tattoos but haven't seen the rub ons.

You can buy specialty inket paper for making your own rub ons. I bought some online from JoAnns, with some kind of huge discount or sale. I am thinking about trying it soon, but I am still working out designs.

I live about an hour from any big town so I don't actually get out and shop. I do most of my shopping online. Just google princess rub ons are what ever type of rub on you are looking for. I also found some on Ebay. Seems rubs on are associated with scrap booking so you may also want to try places that sell those type of supplies. There does not seem to be as many as tattoos or stickers though. Good luck and please share with all us what you find and your finished product:thumbsup2

P.S
the color I used was called waves By Sally Hansen Triple Shine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter