Harmonius really being discontinued?

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
I saw a post today from a WDW news site that said they're going to destroy the barges and replace Harmonius with the drone show that we were promised. I would love to see the barges out of there during the day, but I'm a little skeptical that they would destroy the investment this quickly?

Has anyone seen this coming from any other outlet? This site hasn't been batting 1000 with previous announcements.

We really like Harmonious. But who knows, a drone show might be amazing. Hope it's not some 10 min thing though.

Maybe they'll use the Harmonius soundtrack with the drones?

I hope the barges do go. They're ugly and intrusive and pretty much destroy the view across the lagoon. It might have seemed like a good idea at the time but they never fit in, and drones would be much more fun to watch. They can do absolutely amazing things with drones.

I saw a post today from a WDW news site that said they're going to destroy the barges and replace Harmonius with the drone show that we were promised. I would love to see the barges out of there during the day, but I'm a little skeptical that they would destroy the investment this quickly?

Has anyone seen this coming from any other outlet? This site hasn't been batting 1000 with previous announcements.
I would love to see some nostalgic Epcot music in the show (especially We go on)! Similar to what they did with the Epcot 40th Beacon of Light Show- which was magnificent!!

I only saw the show once with a side view, but those barges during the day were awful.

Of course I go for the fireworks. I love fireworks. Every night we are at disney, I will try to see fireworks somehow. Even if its from the parklot at a resort

I would love to see some nostalgic Epcot music in the show (especially We go on)! Similar to what they did with the Epcot 40th Beacon of Light Show- which was magnificent!!
I would cry if we got "We Go On" in a nighttime show! One of my all time favorite nostalgic Epcot songs.

I personally loved Harmonious, however, I don't know if it was worth it to have those barges out during the day - it really ruined the beauty of looking across the world showcase lagoon in my opinion.

If the plan was to actually give us the drone show that was promised, why even bother with Harmonious at all? Why not just continue Epcot Forever until the new show was ready?

I don't understand why people who want to hate on the barges, big deal you don't like the, guess what Disney doesn't care if you want to be able to get a perfect picture without barges in it, that's one of the reasons why they do things like they did for the 40th and have the screens on as well as having fountains on them during the day. Changing the show doesn't mean that they are going to get rid of them, it just means that they are going to change the show and use them in a different way which is the point of them they can change up the show easier without having to build new barges. Most of the old ones used for Illuminations reflections of Earth were recycled from all of the previous versions they only built two new ones for it the Erath globe one and the inferno barge, all of them would sit out in the lagoon for most of the day and were only taken out to be restocked with pyro for the next day's show before they were brought back Instead of moving them around constantly they bult new ones that are permeant so they don't have to take them back for restocking the pyro and can do it put there instead of backstage and it also meant that they don't have to raise the draw bridge as often and stop people from walking around that area of the lagoon.

Been hearing more and more the barges will be gone. They are an eyesore. They were not originally supposed to stay in place, but it would take too much time to get them through the draw bridge. I can only imagine how much of a maintenance nightmare they are. Water spraying all over screens.

I had seen the barges/stargate on YouTube videos and thought they looked awful.

Then I saw them in person during our August trip and said, "Wow. It's worse than on TV."

I hope they're gone. We didn't stay on either of our two Epcot days to watch Harmonious, although I am planning on seeing it in December just so I can see it before it goes.

WDWNT was VERY CAREFUL to say this was a RUMOR. This is a rumor I hope is true.

I had seen the barges/stargate on YouTube videos and thought they looked awful.

Then I saw them in person during our August trip and said, "Wow. It's worse than on TV."

THIS - I was never a sight line purist or a lake sitter / viewer. I really didn't think I'd even notice them, but I can not describe to anyone who hasn't been just how ugly they are in person.

They put a lot into building them though, I'm afraid they'll be incorporated into whatever the future holds for Epcot shows. Plus whenever I see that particular source for a rumor I just assume the opposite will be true. 🤷‍♀️

THIS - I was never a sight line purist or a lake sitter / viewer. I really didn't think I'd even notice them, but I can not describe to anyone who hasn't been just how ugly they are in person.
Yeah, I take most complaining on internet forums with a HUGE grain of salt. After actually being there last month, I was shocked how much of the lagoon they covered. Pictures just didn't capture the full effect. Just walking around the lagoon, it was also amazingly obvious just how different the show would be depending on where you watched. It would be strange to watch a play in a theater-in-the-round where the actors only faced one direction but that's basically what they did here. Very poor show design and so ugly that no amount of fountains would ever hide those barges.

I agree with you @Atlantix2000, there are now so few good spots to see the full effects in the show. So not only do they wreck the lagoon sight lines, but the don't make it easy to see the show itself. I don't like those barges. I hope they go!

The reason is people have different opinions than you do. Nothing wrong with expressing those opinions on a discussion board.
I'm not saying people can't have an opinion I just don't understand it. People complained about the last version too because they didn't understand what was happening when the earth barge was moving and why there were no fireworks then. People always seem to complain when a Disney show isn't the way they want it to be. It's like every time I hear people say that wishes was so amazing I keep thinking what was so good about a show with random Disney music and fireworks? I like the newer shows that have something besides fireworks to look at and I think they tell a story much better than the older ones did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter