hardest parts of housekeeping your home?

Cleaning the laminate floors.
Sweep them. Then vacuum them. Then mop them with Bona. Floor dries and there are still pieces of grass, dirt, hair and dust bunnies on the floor.
The carpet we ripped up hid that much better, and we had a beach worth of fine sand under the carpet!

The unending amounts of dust.

I am seriously considering getting an air purifier for the downstairs living area to see if it makes a difference.

Floors and dusting never ending !! Don’t get me started on those stupid shower doors 😡

Dusting and spider webs - I have very industrious and dedicated spiders who diligently spin a new web under my chairs as soon as I wipe the old ones away…🤬

Seeing who breaks first to clean the bathtub..I can usually outwait my husband..

Cleaning the laminate floors.
Sweep them. Then vacuum them. Then mop them with Bona. Floor dries and there are still pieces of grass, dirt, hair and dust bunnies on the floor.
The carpet we ripped up hid that much better, and we had a beach worth of fine sand under the carpet!
This is why I am not a fan of laminate/wood floors. They are twice or three times as much work to keep clean. I KNOW it's gross, but carpets keep the mess localized and harder to see, and when you are a very un-motivated housekeeper, this can be important!
(Don't get grossed out, we vacuum and clean the bathroom weekly!)

I'm really bad about dusting. Also, we tend to be "stackers" and sometimes, it just piles up too much. Everyone works full time (which is more like 50 hours a week) and there is a 7 year old at home whose schedule has to be kept up with, too. I feel like we are ALWAYS running, and sometimes the housework falls lower on the priority list.

I'm surprised that cleaning the bathroom is not on the list in first place!
I hate cleaning the bathroom. It's difficult to clean the large walk in shower for me, and I can't get down on my hands and knees anymore to clean behind the commode.
I have found that a cleaning brush that extends for the tub really works. It has many different brush heads to use and I don't have to be a contortionist to clean the shower walls now:)
I still get down on the floor to clean, but it is getting more difficult to get up from there. I will have to get a mop or brush that I can reach around the commode soon.
Our small bathroom takes me about an hour to clean because of all the above, LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter