Harder to get ADR and FP+ with new length of stay policy?

I am going the same week as OP (week prior to Thanksgiving) and ADRs were not easy to come by. It is Free Dining that is likely the problem. I changed my day plans at 170 days out and am having a heck of a time changing any of our TS meals. However, this has no impact on FP - ADRs are always harder to come by during FD because people who "would not normally pay the money for TS" book them up. Still a slower time to go, which is why Disney offers FD.

ADR opens on MDE at 6am central -phones don't until seven- fast pass reservation windows open at 7 am central on MDE. I was able to get a couple of reservations at 6am, but later times than I wanted. I have learned that as SurAsLiz said, many slots for dining have not opened 180 days out.

I am going the same week as OP (week prior to Thanksgiving) and ADRs were not easy to come by. It is Free Dining that is likely the problem. I changed my day plans at 170 days out and am having a heck of a time changing any of our TS meals. However, this has no impact on FP - ADRs are always harder to come by during FD because people who "would not normally pay the money for TS" book them up. Still a slower time to go, which is why Disney offers FD.
I am hoping you are right about FP reservations! We picked this time because it is supposed to be slower, and we are holding our five year old out of school for the week! We plan on having fun as usual no matter what!

ADR opens on MDE at 6am central -phones don't until seven- fast pass reservation windows open at 7 am central on MDE. I was able to get a couple of reservations at 6am, but later times than I wanted. I have learned that as SurAsLiz said, many slots for dining have not opened 180 days out.
I believe all times are eastern, not central.

I too am going the week before Tgiving and have been a bit shocked at how booked up everything is. I am offsite, so was ready to book at 6am on the dot every day at 180 out.

I know that those onsite have an advantage, and that's totally fair. But never on a trip for me before did I have this much difficulty at 180 days out. It's nutty.

Will keep trying, but sheesh.

I hoped for 3 ADRs and my 180 was this morning, as our trip starts on 12/1. No breakfast Akershus availability despite trying multiple guest combinations (we have a total party of 10). No lunch times were offered for Biergarten as of yet, probably haven't been released due to the Candlelight Processional stuff. After realizing that Akershus was a no-go, my sister and I both tried for BOG and surprisingly did manage to get a lunch ADR for the date & close to the time we chose - two reservations with 5 guests each. After all I've read, I'm really surprised we had luck with BOG but didn't get lucky with Akershus! I will keep trying too.

I hoped for 3 ADRs and my 180 was this morning, as our trip starts on 12/1. No breakfast Akershus availability despite trying multiple guest combinations (we have a total party of 10). No lunch times were offered for Biergarten as of yet, probably haven't been released due to the Candlelight Processional stuff. After realizing that Akershus was a no-go, my sister and I both tried for BOG and surprisingly did manage to get a lunch ADR for the date & close to the time we chose - two reservations with 5 guests each. After all I've read, I'm really surprised we had luck with BOG but didn't get lucky with Akershus! I will keep trying too.
If you're looking for ADRs in Epcot, keep in mind they haven't released everything yet because of the Candlelight Packages to come. I wouldn't be surprised if they only released a small portion of the ADRs and are deciding how aggressive to get with the packages this year.

If you're looking for ADRs in Epcot, keep in mind they haven't released everything yet because of the Candlelight Packages to come. I wouldn't be surprised if they only released a small portion of the ADRs and are deciding how aggressive to get with the packages this year.

Could you tell me a little more about this? I know what the Candlelight Processional is, and I know that they'll do a dining package that will give guests preferred seating if they do a meal with that package, but what I *don't* know is how these dining packages affect regular reservations.

Like - will they set aside certain numbers of regular lunch options at Biergarten, and a certain number of Candlelight Processional lunches, and due to the CP happening, that reduces the number of reservation chances for lunch all the more? Or like I just want a regular breakfast at Akershus - will those reservation numbers be even more limited because they will set some aside for a CP package? Thanks to anyone who can shed any light to this newbie!

Could you tell me a little more about this? I know what the Candlelight Processional is, and I know that they'll do a dining package that will give guests preferred seating if they do a meal with that package, but what I *don't* know is how these dining packages affect regular reservations.

Like - will they set aside certain numbers of regular lunch options at Biergarten, and a certain number of Candlelight Processional lunches, and due to the CP happening, that reduces the number of reservation chances for lunch all the more? Or like I just want a regular breakfast at Akershus - will those reservation numbers be even more limited because they will set some aside for a CP package? Thanks to anyone who can shed any light to this newbie!

Not an expert on these. But I do know the packages come with a pass to get into CP. I believe these people are allowed into the viewing area and standby people get the space that is left.

And yes, the packages can significantly affect what is left for regular ADRs. I'm sure there are threads with people already watching for these to be released. Maybe in June if I recall from prior years? When they are released, it will be a big feeding frenzy.

I too am going the week before Tgiving and have been a bit shocked at how booked up everything is. I am offsite, so was ready to book at 6am on the dot every day at 180 out.

I know that those onsite have an advantage, and that's totally fair. But never on a trip for me before did I have this much difficulty at 180 days out. It's nutty.

Will keep trying, but sheesh.
We are getting a bit anxious-we picked this week because it is supposed to a lower attendance week (for WDW) and knew our five year old gets impatient in lines over 10-15 minutes long. I am hoping all these issues with dining reservations have more to do with the free dining packages during this time than a big influx in guests coming this week.

We are getting a bit anxious-we picked this week because it is supposed to a lower attendance week (for WDW) and knew our five year old gets impatient in lines over 10-15 minutes long. I am hoping all these issues with dining reservations have more to do with the free dining packages during this time than a big influx in guests coming this week.

I have gone this same week the past two years and will go again this year. It is "lower" crowds but that is all relative. My Mom is used to early September crowds so she felt it was packed the week before Thanksgiving last year. Lines for most attractions were definitely longer than 10-15 minutes so you might want to prepare your child :). In our experience, it was more like 30 minute waits and much longer for M&Gs and headliners during the day. Shorter at RD.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter