Hard Rock Review

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
So we’ve stayed at RPR and Portofino each multiple times so this time decided to try Hard Rock. It’s a really distant third for us. The biggest pro was location. It was super convenient to walk to the parks. We only rode the boats once and that was just to do it.

We had the misfortune of having a Bret Michaels concert there on check in day. It seemed like they diverted the majority of hotel workers to support the concert. They didn’t have the online checkin lane promised by their email earlier that day. They only had two people checking in, one of whom left without a word while people waited in line. The front desk said the concert would go until 10, it went to 11:30. Great for the concert goers - not so much for the people who wanted to get up for early entry.

The lobby was always loud and chaotic. One morning my husband went down at 6:30 am and they were blaring music.

Basically if you love the crush of people and constant loudness of the parks, it’s probably not an issue but we kind of need to decompress and have some relief from that so it was definitely not the hotel for us. And yes, I know, it’s the Hard Rock Hotel so I should have expected a 24 hr party atmosphere. Now we know.

Thanks for the review… it’s been many years since we’ve stayed at hard rock as it’s a distant third for us too. There’s nothing I like more than getting away from the craziness of the parks when I leave at the end of the day. So easy to do at RP and PBR. I also felt HR lacked in theming. It’s so nice that there are options for everyone as I know many do like it.

That sounds miserable. We just stayed at Portofino Bay this week & went over to Hard Rock Resort to look around one afternoon & for breakfast at The Kitchen this morning before our departure. I can absolutely see that I wouldn’t like the vibe there. I found it loud for breakfast. A Brett Michaels concert would’ve made me stabby.

Hard Rock has always been priced higher than the other two premier resorts, so I haven’t considered it from a price standpoint, but my impression just from visiting makes me think we will continue with RPR & PBR, which is where we’ve stayed in the past & have future reservations for.

I’m sorry you experienced that during your vacation. I hope you’ve let them know your thoughts on the lack of online check-in and a concert that went on 1.5 hours later than promised.

That sounds miserable. We just stayed at Portofino Bay this week & went over to Hard Rock Resort to look around one afternoon & for breakfast at The Kitchen this morning before our departure. I can absolutely see that I wouldn’t like the vibe there. I found it loud for breakfast. A Brett Michaels concert would’ve made me stabby.

Hard Rock has always been priced higher than the other two premier resorts, so I haven’t considered it from a price standpoint, but my impression just from visiting makes me think we will continue with RPR & PBR, which is where we’ve stayed in the past & have future reservations for.

I’m sorry you experienced that during your vacation. I hope you’ve let them know your thoughts on the lack of online check-in and a concert that went on 1.5 hours later than promised.
I can’t say that it was miserable. It wasn’t that bad.. But yes, I did fill out a survey and mentioned the drawbacks.

HRH is 3rd place among the premier hotels for us as well. And I would put SF above HRH too. That music at the pool would drive me bonkers. We just walked through and were happy we had no intention of using the pool during our stay. I also thought the furniture in our King Suite was extremely worn. I'm not even picky about a few discolorations but our couch had HUGE worn dark spots on it and the table was very warped and stained. The bathroom was the smallest, darkest, and dingiest we have experienced since the early '00s when we stayed in much cheaper places. The suites at all the other Uni hotels are MUCH nicer, especially SF.
It was a disappointment to us and since our room was as far from City Walk as you could get, the location was no better than most of the rooms at RPR. We would only stay there again if we had no other option and needed a premier for the EP.

We have stayed at HRH over 20 times. We love it and have always had a great experience. We love the vibe and that is one of the main reasons we stay there, along with the amazing staff, the Kitchen breakfast buffet, proximity to the parks and pet friendly amenities. I can understand how it may not be for everyone, but it is perfect for us. Heading back December 2023 for 8 nights. Can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter