Happy Haunts, October 2021 Exercise Challenge

160 minutes since last check in - horses, walking, strength (I joined a daily exercise challenge with different body weight movements each day - takes about 10 minutes a day but is very challenging for me! I hope I'll be super strong by the end of the month! Lol!)

470/2500

@BonnieF, our Broadway season opened last night, and we were finally able to see Come From Away (originally scheduled in 2019!). It was sooooooooooooo good! I would see it again in a heartbeat. What a show! It felt great to be back after a 576 day theatre shutdown, and that was a wonderful re-intro to live theatre. Our show was the opening of the tour, so we had Broadway producers, writers, directors, and actual plane people in the audience. It was a fantastic night. Now I want to be a Newfoundlander! : ) Next up is The Lion King which we haven't seen since our daughter was 3 or 4 and she will soon be 18. It will be like she is seeing it for the first time since she slept through most of it last time. : )

Adding 30 minutes today (181/700)
I had a little company on my walk I wish I could get the video up - Bambi was about 8 feet away before she turned away.

Twilight Sparkle - so glad you got to see it! It’s such a good show. I can’t wait for the little ones to get the vaccine so I can take my 8 yr. old granddaughter to the Lion King. Can’t wait to see it again! And when you do get to see it, try to have aisle seats in the orchestra section- and that’s all I can say ☺️

180 minutes on Thursday
120 minutes on Friday
30 minutes this morning

Heading home now to avoid holiday weekend crowds!

720/1400

PS- the Headless Horseman did ride before the parade on Thursday. There was a bit of rain before the second parade so I was afraid he wouldn’t appear, but he did!

30 minutes yesterday - don't think I'll make it out today -it's so dark now and the rains coming - ugh.
(211/650 - 32%)
I'm starting my countdown to our November trip to Food & Wine - 34 days! I need to ramp up my minutes to get ready.

Wow, go away for a week and everyone gets busy! Tons of movement on the boards BonnieF, PollyAnna Mom, and I all hit that wonderful pumpkin orange at 25% or more! Meanwhile, ljcrochet and sophy1996 blew past us, and the 50% mark to hit Candy Apple Red! Great work!
0604ZR_0834DR_JB-16x9.jpg

Tonight would have been my first ever Boo Bash, so I want to hear about! A lot! If you went tell us! This brand new offering is a little bit After Hours and a lot of Halloween - with trick'er'treating, special merchandise, and decorations. There's no parade but a Halloween Calvacade which has a lot of our MNSSHP favorite floats. Here's the official site:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-after-hours-boo-bash/

Holidays-0112-16x9.jpg

Oct 4 -- 11
Oct 5 -- 11
Oct 6 -- 29
Oct 7 -- 0
Oct 8 -- 39
Oct 9 -- 13
Oct 10 -- 95
Oct 11 -- 67

Total -- 370/930

I found the way to get my time on Sundays. Sign up for a 5k. I did a 5k with friends and my DD on Sunday at our zoo. We just walked as my friend is pregnant with twins. After that I did a lot of cooking. Not really cooking. Just cutting veggies up for salad and then I also made macaroni and chicken salad. DH said he is going to help motivate me on Sundays.

Adding 30 minutes today (181/700)
I had a little company on my walk I wish I could get the video up - Bambi was about 8 feet away before she turned away.

Twilight Sparkle - so glad you got to see it! It’s such a good show. I can’t wait for the little ones to get the vaccine so I can take my 8 yr. old granddaughter to the Lion King. Can’t wait to see it again! And when you do get to see it, try to have aisle seats in the orchestra section- and that’s all I can say ☺

We've always had orchestra seats as season ticket holders, but each renewal season we try to improve our location. This year we are much closer to the stage, and we DO have an aisle seat!! It's the first time an orchestra aisle location has ever been up for grabs when I've renewed, and having one has been a big wish for our DD ever since we became members. She doesn't like to feel trapped, so the aisle seat will be hers. We officially move to our new seats with The Lion King since Come From Away was technically under our 2019 season tickets.

I hope the under 12s do get vaccine approval soon! I am sure your granddaughter will love the show!

Last edited:
10/9 30
10/10 50 . My apple watch thinks i worked out for 100 minutes at 1 in the morning. Not sure why
10/11 0
10/12 80\

I think today is going to be a rest day or easy yoga. The neuropathy in my hands is bad this morning. I normally can't type because I can't spell. Today I can't type because my fingers have pins and needles on steriods.

We got home just fine (no problems on Southwest for us, fortunately), but my souvenir this trip was a bad cold (not COVID—got tested!). So I haven’t added any minutes. Hopefully back at it tomorrow!
I hope you feel better soon.

35 minutes from yesterday - walked with a friend who sets a faster pace. I'm feeling it today :( Lol! (246/650)

Ljcrochet - hope this symptom passes quickly.

Twilight Sparkle - so glad about your seats!

Raya - the picture of an empty Main Street brings back quite a memory. A few years ago, I had that experience! We were there for Extra Magic Hours on the night the clocks fell back. I think the MK was scheduled to be open till 1:00 a.m, so we got an extra EMH! By midnight, there were very few people left in the park. At around 1:00, my daughter and friend went on Space Mountain - I passed and waited for them near Astro Orbiter. But, the only ride open was SM - and I was the only person in Tomorrowland! I was actually scared sitting there! It was so spooky! We left after that, and were the only people walking down Main Street. It was incredible. We had a great bus driver, who took us right to our building in OKW. Needless to say, we slept in the next morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter