Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

This next group may be Franklins best HM pictures ever.

I can't argue with that!!!

I love the dining table scene. When we were backstage at HM, we were right near the ghost woman blowing out the candles.

Whenever I look at these pictures, I see details I never noticed before. I don't think I have seen the BTM initials above the sign before.

Wow Franklin! You are a true artist. Those are the best HM pictures I have ever seen. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

What she said!

Such amazing photos!

BTW- I don't get the BC/YC photo thread very often, but I saw the picture of YC on a foggy morning Franklin posted there. There are some very talented photographers who post on that thread, but I think that is my favorite picture I have seen on it. I decided to post my gushing here because I don't normally comment on the other pictures.

I love the photos of the Story Book Circus area... Even in person, the color choices that they made and the details were made for photographic love...:thumbsup2 I love their new character costumes... the Great Goofini and the Pink Minnie... (I believe she's supposed to be a dog/poodle trainer... Fabulous...

My all time Dis favorite... the Haunted Mansion... just love it... a little dark, gothic... but not terrifyingly so... great, great photos...

Awww... BTRR... I really love that as well... maybe because it's just a fun coaster... not too crazy??? I can't wait for the interactive cue...

(hmmm... I think I didn't sub onto your new TR... I have to do that... I got us a lunch with an Imagineer at HBD... they weren't doing dinner at FF...:confused3)

Agree - I've not seen any better photos from HM :thumbsup2

PS - I hope you know the two of you are not officially engaged until it gets reported in the TR (notwithstanding previously posted beautiful engagement photos). ;) popcorn:: :flower3:

WOW!!! Fabulous photos!! They were awesome!! Thank you for sharing.
Between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, my pick is Blizzard Beach. Seemed there were more slides for us "big kids". But TL does have the shark reef if you are looking for something a little different to do. I'm not a huge fan of icey cold water so not a plus for me. (the only saving grace of being in the really cold water during our Discovery Cove day was the nice and toasty warm lazy river area)
Also, just outside BB is a really neat mini golf area. So when you are pooped out from your water park time, you can go have a casual game of putt putt!

Hey! Give me back my face!

DSC_1429-L.jpg

ALL the Haunted Mansion pictures are truly amazing, but this one is my favorite! I love your reaction Missy with your hands over your missing mouth!

We are going to be getting a new lens for our DSLR, so I'm hoping I can at least take some sort of picture on a dark ride this coming trip, currently my camera won't even focus. :rotfl:

I just found your trip reports today. I am in serious Disney withdrawal - haven't been to the world since Nov 2011. So, my cure until our next trip is reading trip reports!!!! Thank you for sharing such fabulous pictures! I look forward to reading more and more. Our favorite restaurant is the same as you OHANA - we missed going on our last trip and my DH was really upset! It will be the first restuarant that we book when our 180 days opens up. Our next is Teppan Edo which we went to for the first time on our last trip. We also like Tutto Italia and Crystal Palace. We always look forward to trying at least one new restaurant on our visits too.

Wow Franklin! You are a true artist. Those are the best HM pictures I have ever seen. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

I totally agree! :thumbsup2

Those HM pictures are simply stunning! Franklin is so talented behind the lens!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your MNSSHP fun!

Thanks Kristy. :goodvibes

I'm really enjoying this report too, and was so excited to learn about Dine with an Imagineer! I don't think I'd heard of that one before and promptly sent an email to my husband to remind us to book that the next time we go (after our June trip, which is only going to be a weekend - for our tenth anniversary!). :) I'll friend you on Facebook, if you don't mind! It'll be nice to get a dose of Disney occasionally on my Facebook feed. :)

You will LOVE Dine With an Imagineer, it was an unbelievable experience. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. When will your (after June) trip be?

I can't argue with that!!!

I love the dining table scene. When we were backstage at HM, we were right near the ghost woman blowing out the candles.

Whenever I look at these pictures, I see details I never noticed before. I don't think I have seen the BTM initials above the sign before.

What she said!

Such amazing photos!

BTW- I don't get the BC/YC photo thread very often, but I saw the picture of YC on a foggy morning Franklin posted there. There are some very talented photographers who post on that thread, but I think that is my favorite picture I have seen on it. I decided to post my gushing here because I don't normally comment on the other pictures.

It's kinda funny, when Franklin first joined the Disboards, he stuck strictly to the photography boards. But now I keep see him popping up on all these new boards. Shhhh, don't tell him but I think he might be as addicted as me. :rotfl:

I love the photos of the Story Book Circus area... Even in person, the color choices that they made and the details were made for photographic love...:thumbsup2 I love their new character costumes... the Great Goofini and the Pink Minnie... (I believe she's supposed to be a dog/poodle trainer... Fabulous...

My all time Dis favorite... the Haunted Mansion... just love it... a little dark, gothic... but not terrifyingly so... great, great photos...

Awww... BTRR... I really love that as well... maybe because it's just a fun coaster... not too crazy??? I can't wait for the interactive cue...

(hmmm... I think I didn't sub onto your new TR... I have to do that... I got us a lunch with an Imagineer at HBD... they weren't doing dinner at FF...:confused3)

Storybook Circus is spectacular and the colors against the stormy gray sky was the perfect contrast.

Have you heard my funny BTM story? I've always been a ride scaredy cat when it comes to rides, even when I was little. When my parents took my to WDW when I was four, my Dad told me that Big Thunder Mountain was "just a train ride." It totally wasn't, but I ended up loving the ride and it was the only "coaster" I would ride for decades (but it has always remained my favorite Disney ride, to this day).

Agree - I've not seen any better photos from HM :thumbsup2

PS - I hope you know the two of you are not officially engaged until it gets reported in the TR (notwithstanding previously posted beautiful engagement photos). ;) popcorn:: :flower3:

I know, I know. I'm taking FOR-EV-ER. But I just finished three chapters today, so we're getting closer!

WOW!!! Fabulous photos!! They were awesome!! Thank you for sharing.
Between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, my pick is Blizzard Beach. Seemed there were more slides for us "big kids". But TL does have the shark reef if you are looking for something a little different to do. I'm not a huge fan of icey cold water so not a plus for me. (the only saving grace of being in the really cold water during our Discovery Cove day was the nice and toasty warm lazy river area)
Also, just outside BB is a really neat mini golf area. So when you are pooped out from your water park time, you can go have a casual game of putt putt!

Thanks for the tips, we need to try the water parks while we have these nifty premium annual passes!

ALL the Haunted Mansion pictures are truly amazing, but this one is my favorite! I love your reaction Missy with your hands over your missing mouth!

We are going to be getting a new lens for our DSLR, so I'm hoping I can at least take some sort of picture on a dark ride this coming trip, currently my camera won't even focus. :rotfl:

I love that new ending at HM, it's so much fun! I need to figure out what else to do in those photos on the next couple of trips.

Wow, awesome HM pics! I love that ride so much.
Awesome wait time for BTMRR! I'd go twice too!

I ALWAYS want to go twice on BTM. Actually, I'd be perfectly happy to never get off that ride ever again.

I just found your trip reports today. I am in serious Disney withdrawal - haven't been to the world since Nov 2011. So, my cure until our next trip is reading trip reports!!!! Thank you for sharing such fabulous pictures! I look forward to reading more and more. Our favorite restaurant is the same as you OHANA - we missed going on our last trip and my DH was really upset! It will be the first restuarant that we book when our 180 days opens up. Our next is Teppan Edo which we went to for the first time on our last trip. We also like Tutto Italia and Crystal Palace. We always look forward to trying at least one new restaurant on our visits too.

Yay! Thanks for joining. I saw you over on the DVC threads. I lost track of your thread, did your offer get accepted?

We last left off with the Halloween party people streaming into Magic Kingdom, which meant it was time for us to head out. We headed for the resort monorail.

DSC_1481-L.jpg

And we waved goodbye to MK, have fun at the party everyone!

DSC_1489-L.jpg

Our first stop on our monorail resort tour was Grand Floridian.

DSC_1498-L.jpg

I think this resort is absolutely gorgeous, but I’ve never felt a pull to stay there. It just isn’t our vibe. But it is always a must-visit place during our trips.

While I shopped at Basin and Mouse Mercantile, Franklin did what Franklin does, take gorgeous pictures!

DSC_1499-L.jpg

DSC_1509-L.jpg

DSC_1515-L.jpg

We grabbed a seat on a comfy sofa and listened to the wonderful Disney music in the lobby!

DSC_1513-L.jpg

And that’s where we stayed for a while. I browsed the Disboards while my hoodie continued to dry out from that afternoon’s showers. And Franklin was carefully studying a YouTube video of Hallowishes. He had something up his sleeve for when he shot the fireworks that evening.

Once we had soaked up enough atmosphere, we hopped back on the monorail and rode it around to the Polyneisian, it was time for fireworks and dinner!

DSC_1523-L.jpg

DSC_1529-L.jpg

DSC_1532-L.jpg

Since I’d built in extra time to our schedule for monorail delays/breakdowns/adventures, we had some time to kill before Hallowishes would begin. So we did what any adult would do at the Poly, we headed straight for the Tambu Lounge!

Franklin was happy to order his beloved Lapu Lapu, I was boring and ordered a Diet Coke.

DSC_1534-L.jpg

We hung out, talked to the bartender and watched some playoff baseball until it was time to head down to the beach.

Shooting fireworks from the Poly beach has always been a challenge for Franklin, he’s kind of a photography perfectionist. But he, shock of all shocks, said he was actually happy with the way these photos turned out.

DSC_1541-L.jpg

DSC_1544-L.jpg

DSC_1545-L.jpg

DSC_1546-L.jpg

DSC_1547-L.jpg

DSC_1548-L.jpg

DSC_1549-L.jpg

DSC_1553-L.jpg

DSC_1555-L.jpg

DSC_1556-L.jpg

DSC_1558-L.jpg

DSC_1559-L.jpg

DSC_1562-L.jpg

With the evening’s entertainment over, it was time for the main event... dinner! And not just any dinner, but one of our favorite meals in The World.

DSC_1538-L.jpg

DSC_1566-L.jpg

Does anyone else think it would be better to start the meal with the bread pudding just once? It would be awesome to eat enough to actually get your fill instead of taking a bite or two at the end of the ridiculously filling meal.

We started with the usual suspects. Pineapple and coconut bread.

DSC_1571-L.jpg

Salad with that yummy honey lime dressing (if only I knew this would be the last time I’d have that dressing, I totally would have eaten more of it).

DSC_1572-L.jpg

Wings-n-potstickers.

DSC_1574-L.jpg

Noodles and broccoli.

DSC_1576-L.jpg

And the meats. Pork.

DSC_1575-L.jpg

Steak.

DSC_1578-L.jpg

Chicken.

DSC_1580-L.jpg

And shrimp.

DSC_1581-L.jpg

And then came the most important part of the meal, that bread pudding.

DSC_1583-L.jpg

Seriously, I have dreams about that dessert. We finished up dinner in a mostly-empty restaurant and Franklin couldn’t help but snap a few photos of his favorite tiki god on the way out.

DSC_1584-L.jpg

We made our way back to Beach Club and headed straight for bed, we had a big move in the morning. It’s almost time for Animal Kingdom Lodge!

Great updates! You are on a roll tonight!

I enjoyed all of the pictures from the monorail resort tour. I have never stepped foot in the Grand Floridian, but the pictures are gorgeous.

I love, love, love the one of the piano player. What a fantastic shot!

The Poly. Beautiful!

Amazing fireworks pictures, the colors are so vivid, but my very favorite is the one with all of the spectators watching from the loungers with their ponchos and umbrellas.

As you know, one of my dirty little secrets is that I have never seen Wishes, however, I did watch Nightastic from the Poly Beach and loved that vantage point!

Ben was really pushing for 'Ohana for our July trip. I don't think it will make the cut- we have very limited dining opportunities, so I think I will refrain from showing him these pictures. It would torture him!

I had missed the update with all of the HM pictures, and I have to say they are incredible! I keep making my DH stop playing whatever game he's playing to look at all of Franklin's photos!

We love 'Ohana too. It's just so good, and I adore the feel of the Poly. It's definitely a resort on the 'must list' for me.

I have to agree-to start with the bread pudding would be lovely.

I know, right? I couldn't believe how long it had been since I'd done updates. Luckily for me, I was sick as a dog yesterday. So after finishing up planning a co-worker's Disney trip for next week, I got to work on both TRs. :yay: Apparently it takes a fever of 101 to get me to update. :rotfl:

I enjoyed all of the pictures from the monorail resort tour. I have never stepped foot in the Grand Floridian, but the pictures are gorgeous.

The Poly. Beautiful!

Amazing fireworks pictures, the colors are so vivid, but my very favorite is the one with all of the spectators watching from the loungers with their ponchos and umbrellas.

As you know, one of my dirty little secrets is that I have never seen Wishes, however, I did watch Nightastic from the Poly Beach and loved that vantage point!

I love the monorail resorts (maybe not quite as as much as I love the Epcot resorts, but still). I just love how they're all so different from one another and very enjoyable in very different ways.

I realized I never told you guys what Franklin did differently for these fireworks pics. He changed lenses for the finale shot. That's why he kept watching the YouTube videos over and over again, so he could know what to listen for before the finale changeover.

Ben was really pushing for 'Ohana for our July trip. I don't think it will make the cut- we have very limited dining opportunities, so I think I will refrain from showing him these pictures. It would torture him!

LISTEN TO BEN!!! Seriously, you have boys. Boys like to eat. At 'Ohana you get as much of the yummiest food on the planet to eat as you'd like. Make it your dinner on your MK day. Get a 5:30 or 6 p.m. ADR and monorail right back to the park afterward. It's not like you guys will be worrying about missing the parade or fireworks. ;) I toyed with the idea of trying a different restaurant on our Disneymoon, but then looking through all these pictures to write this chapter made me realize how silly that idea was.

I had missed the update with all of the HM pictures, and I have to say they are incredible! I keep making my DH stop playing whatever game he's playing to look at all of Franklin's photos!

We love 'Ohana too. It's just so good, and I adore the feel of the Poly. It's definitely a resort on the 'must list' for me.

And I sometimes have to ask Franklin to stop playing Angry Birds to go edit more photos. :rotfl2:

The Poly is beautiful! And now that the rooms are being refurbed, we might have to put it on to-try list. The grounds are so lush and gorgeous, it's definitely a resort that screams "vacation.".

Great report so far missy. We love October trips too. I'd love to hear more about when you stayed at windsor hills also. We've thought about buying a little condo there as were a large family. We have the same split coming up this summer AKV / BCV then in October well be at BLT our first trip home.

The Poly. Beautiful!

I realized I never told you guys what Franklin did differently for these fireworks pics. He changed lenses for the finale shot. That's why he kept watching the YouTube videos over and over again, so he could know what to listen for before the finale changeover.

Great updates! The Hallowishes Finale Photo is perfection :thumbsup2 :cool1::thumbsup2

The piano is one of my favorite shots. While we were relaxing at GF, I made Missy pull up a youtube of Hallowishes. I have shot Wishes from Poly Beach before, but Hallowishes has the wider perimeter fireworks. I wasn't sure when or how wide they would be. So, after thorough research, :happytv: I decieded I needed to change lenses and when to do it. All this sounded easy enough in the comfort of the GF lobby. But on Poly Beach, it was dark. If I dropped a lens, it would be in the sand. And don't forget that Lapu Lapu earlier too. :rotfl2: In the end, it all worked out and we have amazing photos to share with you all. Thanks for the :thumbsup2

Oh! I also took video at the same time, with our smaller camera. I'll edit it and post it up soon.

You are so nice to share these fantastic photos. I plan to show them to my friends this weekend. They are going with us in November for their first ever trip to Disney. It is going to be so much fun to share the magic with another family. I am so excited about it!

Stunning fireworks photos! We have never watched the fireworks from the Poly beach, but it has always been on my radar as something to try. Looking forward to Franklin's video!

I am the same way about the GF. It's a GORGEOUS resort, but I've never really felt like if I was going to stay at a deluxe that I would stay there. But it is one we enjoy visiting just to enjoy the atmosphere, especially when it is decorated for Christmas!

I think this resort is absolutely gorgeous, but I’ve never felt a pull to stay there. It just isn’t our vibe. But it is always a must-visit place during our trips.
I have also never felt a pull to stay there, same reason. It is certainly beautiful though!
Fireworks from the Poly beach have been on my to do list for a while now. I keep saying that but never get around to it. :confused3 Maybe next time!
Phenomenal fireworks pictures, as always. I sometimes like seeing them from further away, it's less overwhelming and you can take it all in a little easier.
Your meal (especially dessert!) looks yummy!

Great updates! The Hallowishes Finale Photo is perfection :thumbsup2 :cool1::thumbsup2

You forget how wide Disney makes its fireworks finales until you're away from the park. Franklin really captured that.

Great report so far missy. We love October trips too. I'd love to hear more about when you stayed at windsor hills also. We've thought about buying a little condo there as were a large family. We have the same split coming up this summer AKV / BCV then in October well be at BLT our first trip home.

You will love the BCV/AKV split. It is the perfect combo of staying in the action and then away from it all. :thumbsup2

We have our first stay at BLT coming up in about a month, and I can't wait. I love the Contemporary and can't wait to take our first trip to our other home resort.

We loved our stay at Windsor Hills (it's the 3/12 trip link in my signature below). A little background on that trip...

Franklin and I were planning an extended family trip with Franklin's mom, his sister and brother-in-law and their little boy Tanner, whose first birthday was the reason for the trip.

I priced out lots of options (two value rooms, renting DVC points, a discounted deluxe room and rental condos/townhouses). And at the end of the day, none of the onsite options could compete (price-wise or space-wise) to the Windsor Hills townhouse.

The cost ended up being about what one value room would have cost for the week. And everyone would have a separate bedroom. There was a living room for lounging and a splash pool on the screened-in back patio for cooling off. And having a kitchen for breakfasts and snacks was really handy (and helped save our wallets a bit).

Windsor Hills is minutes from the Disney gates. It never took us more than 10 or 15 minutes to go from the house to being parked in the parks' lots. Just remember to budget the daily parking fee at the parks ($14, I think, we have annual passes so our parking was free).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I know a lot of people on these boards take the "onsite or nothing" approach to accommodations, but sometimes the offsite option just might fit your family or trip better. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!