Happily Ever After Begins Here -- An Oct. 2012 TR Updated! 11/17!

What a wonderful morning! I think that the lobster omelet sounds awesome, and you can't beat an afternoon at SAB!

I also loved your engagement photos, the Mickey ears is a super cute idea, and I loved the pics around DC!

Beautiful engagement photos!

And, great resort and pool photos too! That sounds like a perfect vacation day, but I'm like you-I can never do it! Maybe one of these days when we finally book the Beach Club!

Thank you! Booking Beach Club finally made me realize that we stay at all of these gorgeous Disney resorts and never spend very much time in them. And you know what? It was so nice to kick back and recharge a bit. It totally changed our outlook on what makes for a great Disney vacation!

Great review of the Captain's Grille!!!

Did you happen to see the animated pictures where the sailboat sails from one picture to another? If not, you will have to check it out on your next visit.

D'Oh! I knew about the moving ship and I totally forgot! That's going on the list for October.

You know I loved it!!!

I have added a couple of Franklin's photos to the thread, but I really need a chunk of time to sit down and figure out which pictures to use. Dang 25 photo per post limit! I already have like 16 separate posts, and two just for the pool! Thinking of expanding to three. :scared:

I'm so glad to hear you had a nice, relaxing resort day.

Your engagement pictures are spectacular. You two are so cute together! Is this the same photographer you will be using for your wedding?

I am constantly amazed at how much time you spend tending to the Beach Club thread. Your readers (me included!) are lucky to have you. :goodvibes

The photographers that did the engagement photos will be the same ones who shoot our wedding. It's a husband and wife team and we did the engagement photos so we could get to know them and they could get to know us. It ended up being a lot of fun!

I absolutely LOVE your favorite engagment photo!! It is so cute!
This summer we did an all resort, no Disney parks, trip. (We did go to Sea World one afternoon, Blizzard Beach one day to use really old tickets, and one day at Discovery Cove-highly recommend.) I have to say it may be one of my most memorable and enjoyable trips. When you haven't spent the money for park tickets and you don't feel the pressure to "get your monies worth" spending every waking moment in the parks, you really get the time to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. We enjoyed our pools (we did a split stay at CSR and Poly), entertainment on the Boardwalk, resort shows, and checking out all other resorts for dining and what they have to offer. So I totally understand how you could spend a down day at Disney!
Especially enjoying SAB! That pool is most awesome! And, as always, Franklin's pictures are beautiful!

Thank you! The no-parks trip sounds amazing. I have heard so many people rave about Discovery Cove. We've got Premium Annual Passes this year, so we're hoping to try the water parks at Disney for the first time. Do you have a preference for one over the other?

Your engagement pictures came out fantastic! Getting the wedding date embroidered on Mickey ears was a great idea too. What a cute couple!

Also love the Stormalong Bay pics. The Yacht Club is so pretty! That's great that you were able to book your honeymoon with a bounce back offer too. We have tried twice for a resort day and failed both times, but I am positively making it happen this trip, no questions about it! Downtime in Disney can be so therapeutic after many long days tromping through the parks from sunup to sundown!

Thanks Kristy! :goodvibes I hope you get to try a resort day, it's so much fun! It was only Day 3 of our trip, but it had been two days of go, go, go. So a little bit of relaxing went a long way!

Hi Missy,
I was just curious - how did you like doing a split stay? We have 8 days coming in May with a split. Some seem to enjoy the experience of trying new DVC resorts and others feel it is a hassle. I hope you and Franklin enjoyed your time at both BCV & AKL!
Tabatha

Hi Tabatha! :wave: We liked the split stay on this trip. It kinda felt like two very different trips rolled into one. Our split came about kinda by accident. You see, we booked the six nights at AKV at 11 months out. Then in August, I was tweeting back and forth with AJ from the Disney Food Blog and her Snack Attack party was going to be three days before we were scheduled to arrive. I did some quick calculations and figured out it wouldn't cost much to change our flight and we had enough DVC points to add three more nights. Originally we booked those three nights at AKV so we wouldn't have to change resorts. But then I was playing around with the DVC Web site and found two nights at BCV and one at BWV, so I booked those and wait listed BCV for the one night. A few weeks later, our wait list came through and our three night/six night split was born!

We focused on Epcot a lot while we were at BCV to take advantage of that wonderful location. And once we moved to AKV we spread out a bit more to the other parks.

Having said all that, I will say there's something to be said for unpacking and staying put for the week. So while we don't mind doing splits if it works for our plans, our first choice will always be to pick one resort for each trip.

Here are a couple of tips to make the split work really well for you:

*Pack for the split. Instead of his and hers suitcases like we typically do, we did one suitcase for the first part of the trip. And the second was for the second leg. That second suitcase stayed zipped in the corner for the first three nights, so we only had one suitcase to pack ahead of the move.

*Plan for your moving day to be a park day. Your new room probably won't be ready when you check in, so you'll most likely be homeless for the day. Which makes it a great day to hang around MK all day!

*Yes, Disney will move your luggage from one resort to the other. But we found that since we were going to go to the new resort in the morning to check in, it was just easier to hop in a cab with all our bags and move to the new resort ourselves. That way, we knew our bags would be in bell services anytime we needed anything.

Which resorts are you trying on your split in May? I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous trip!

What a wonderful morning! I think that the lobster omelet sounds awesome, and you can't beat an afternoon at SAB!

I also loved your engagement photos, the Mickey ears is a super cute idea, and I loved the pics around DC!

Thanks Marissa, it was a lovely day at Beach/Yacht Clubs! :cloud9:

Hi Tabatha! :wave: We liked the split stay on this trip. It kinda felt like two very different trips rolled into one. Our split came about kinda by accident. You see, we booked the six nights at AKV at 11 months out. Then in August, I was tweeting back and forth with AJ from the Disney Food Blog and her Snack Attack party was going to be three days before we were scheduled to arrive. I did some quick calculations and figured out it wouldn't cost much to change our flight and we had enough DVC points to add three more nights. Originally we booked those three nights at AKV so we wouldn't have to change resorts. But then I was playing around with the DVC Web site and found two nights at BCV and one at BWV, so I booked those and wait listed BCV for the one night. A few weeks later, our wait list came through and our three night/six night split was born!

We focused on Epcot a lot while we were at BCV to take advantage of that wonderful location. And once we moved to AKV we spread out a bit more to the other parks.

Having said all that, I will say there's something to be said for unpacking and staying put for the week. So while we don't mind doing splits if it works for our plans, our first choice will always be to pick one resort for each trip.

Here are a couple of tips to make the split work really well for you:

*Pack for the split. Instead of his and hers suitcases like we typically do, we did one suitcase for the first part of the trip. And the second was for the second leg. That second suitcase stayed zipped in the corner for the first three nights, so we only had one suitcase to pack ahead of the move.

*Plan for your moving day to be a park day. Your new room probably won't be ready when you check in, so you'll most likely be homeless for the day. Which makes it a great day to hang around MK all day!

*Yes, Disney will move your luggage from one resort to the other. But we found that since we were going to go to the new resort in the morning to check in, it was just easier to hop in a cab with all our bags and move to the new resort ourselves. That way, we knew our bags would be in bell services anytime we needed anything.

Which resorts are you trying on your split in May? I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous trip!

Thanks for the tips Missy. I will definitely pack the bags by resort. We're staying at our home (OKW) for the first part of the stay. During that time, I'll get in my DTD fix for shopping and eating! Then when we move to BCV, we'll take advantage of the close proximity to Epcot & DHS. The reason for our split is that the kids wanted to swim at SAB.

I am so late making my ADR's. I just made them this week at 3 months to go. I've been traveling a lot for work and neglected my vacation planning. We managed to get everything we wanted except BOG dinner. I guess we'll have to wait in the QS lunch line. I've read it is a 45 minute wait.

Hey Missy,

Gorgeous Engagement Photos... You both look great and DC makes a very photogenic background...;)

I'm so glad you had a good meal in Brown Derby... it kinda gets mixed reviews on the boards... and I went ahead and booked Dining with an Imagineer there in July (I'll have to check out your new TR and see how that went...)

Tailored... I think that's a great word to describe the Yacht Club... it's lovely but def a bit more preppy or buttoned up in contrast to the more playful, laid back Beach Club ... they are good compliments...ying and yang

Sigh your photos are so lovely... can I just put a link in my TR when it comes time to show the Beach Club Villas please...;)

I'm a huge egg snob too btw... I don't like runny scrambled eggs at all and conversely I will not eat Eggs Benedict that are solid inside... those are supposed to be runny...Back they have to go...:confused3

Will have to hop over to your new TR...:moped:

Thanks for the tips Missy. I will definitely pack the bags by resort. We're staying at our home (OKW) for the first part of the stay. During that time, I'll get in my DTD fix for shopping and eating! Then when we move to BCV, we'll take advantage of the close proximity to Epcot & DHS. The reason for our split is that the kids wanted to swim at SAB.

I am so late making my ADR's. I just made them this week at 3 months to go. I've been traveling a lot for work and neglected my vacation planning. We managed to get everything we wanted except BOG dinner. I guess we'll have to wait in the QS lunch line. I've read it is a 45 minute wait.

I'm intrigued by OKW and SSR. The fans of those resorts are very devoted, but I've never stayed at either. Being able to walk to DTD would be a total plus, the buses to there are the worst!

It sounds like a wonderful split stay! I can't wait to hear how it goes. Keep stalking for that BOG ADR, dinner there was sooooo worth it! Lunch waits are pretty steady so far. We got in line at the end of the bridge and it took about 35 minutes to get through the line and order. And we only waited about five minutes for our food once we sat down. Best CS food we've ever had at Disney! :thumbsup2

Hey Missy,

Gorgeous Engagement Photos... You both look great and DC makes a very photogenic background...;)

I'm so glad you had a good meal in Brown Derby... it kinda gets mixed reviews on the boards... and I went ahead and booked Dining with an Imagineer there in July (I'll have to check out your new TR and see how that went...)

Yay! I'm so glad you're going to do Dine With an Imagineer! Are you doing lunch at Brown Derby or dinner at Flying Fish?

Tailored... I think that's a great word to describe the Yacht Club... it's lovely but def a bit more preppy or buttoned up in contrast to the more playful, laid back Beach Club ... they are good compliments...ying and yang

Sigh your photos are so lovely... can I just put a link in my TR when it comes time to show the Beach Club Villas please...;)

I'm a huge egg snob too btw... I don't like runny scrambled eggs at all and conversely I will not eat Eggs Benedict that are solid inside... those are supposed to be runny...Back they have to go...:confused3

Will have to hop over to your new TR...:moped:

It's funny how there's a similar vibe at Yacht Club and Beach Club and yet they're so incredibly different in the way they look.

What a phenomenally gorgeous resort! I can definitely see how it would be wonderful to take a day to relax there!

What a phenomenally gorgeous resort! I can definitely see how it would be wonderful to take a day to relax there!

It really is a phenomenal resort. I remember at one point, sitting in Stormalong Bay and looking over at Boardwalk. It was one of those perfect moments that can only happen at Disney. As much as I love the Seven Seas Lagoon and all the monorail resorts, I am just so in love with the Epcot resort area, it's so beautiful and peaceful! :cloud9:

We last left off with our relaxing morning and afternoon spent lounging at Beach Club. Feeling thoroughly refreshed, we felt like heading out to a park. But where did we want to go? It was after 3 and there was a Halloween party that night at MK. Despite only having a few hours before they’d kick us out of the park, we decided on MK -- I had a serious craving for some corndog nuggets!

When we arrived at the bus stop...

DSC_1255-L.jpg

… the sky was still blue, but there were some mean-looking clouds rolling in. We only waited a few minutes before our chariot arrived.

DSC_1256-L.jpg

No sooner were we on the bus, than the skies opened up. Like, waves of water lashing the bus downpour. Franklin smacked his forehead, he had realized he only had one of the ponchos with him. He’d taken the other one out while reorganizing his camera bag. As we stood under the cover of the bus stop, we decided that the lone poncho would cover Franklin and his camera equipment. So we ponchoed him up and he took off to put his tripod in a locker. I headed into the very wet park.

Franklin met up with me in the Town Square, where I was admiring all the fall decorations.

DSC_1259-L.jpg

DSC_1262-L.jpg

The rain tapered off as we made our way down Main Street.

DSC_1265-L.jpg

DSC_1267-L.jpg

DSC_1269-L.jpg

I was on a mission to find those deep-fried nuggets of deliciousness. My hunt brought me here...

DSC_1271-L.jpg

Just what I was craving.

DSC_1278-L.jpg

We grabbed seats on the bleachers, and enjoyed our snack.

DSC_1279-L.jpg

By the time we finished, the clouds had started to roll away and the sun had come out -- kind of.

DSC_1285-L.jpg

We chose to head over to Storybook Circus, because we’d never seen it in person! We were totally blown away. The use of color and the theming over there is simply stunning.

DSC_1291-L.jpg

DSC_1290-L.jpg

DSC_1306-L.jpg

Peanuts in the ground!

DSC_1307-L.jpg

DSC_1309-L.jpg

DSC_1311-L.jpg

I think my favorite part might be Pete’s Silly Sideshow. The tent is gorgeous and there’s no meet and greet like it anywhere in Disney! In case you didn’t know, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy all meet here in their best circus clothes!

pete-L.jpg

DSC_1342-L.jpg

pete2-L.jpg

DSC_1345-L.jpg

DSC_1347-L.jpg

Why have one Dumbo ride when you can have two?

DSC_1350-L.jpg

DSC_1351-L.jpg

I don’t know if it was the gleam of the fresh rain, or the bright colors against the gray sky, but our first glimpse of Storybook Circus was spectacular. We’ll stop there for now, but there’s plenty more fun at MK coming up. Well, until they kick us party-ticketless folks out.

Oh, good, I wasn't too far behind!

Nice to spend a few hours at MK. I so want to be there in October and see the beautiful fall/Halloween decorations.

What gorgeous pictures of MK and Storybook Circus!

So was the afternoon all about pictures (and nuggets). No rides so far? Really was a kicked back day for you!

Beautiful update! The rain makes for fantastic photos, and corn dog nuggets too :banana: A perfect start to your afternoon MK visit.

Your engagement photos are adorable! LOVE them!!!

I am all for a relaxing resort day, especially when SAB is involved. Good for you! It's funny, I have been thinking about trying Captain's Grille, so thanks for the mini review and the tip on the omelette/buffet combo. :thumbsup2

Stunning pictures of the resort. Just stunning! I'm bookmarking the post so I can come back whenever I need a little mini virtual vacation to my favorite place on the planet. :)

MK really is beautiful with the fall decorations, isn't it? Glad the rain didn't seem to last too long!

You're brave, going without the poncho! Glad it cleared up quickly, but I did notice that there are NO photos of you in this update ;) Storybook Circus looks great though.

Corn dog nuggets are 100% craveable. In fact, I could go for some right now.

Loving all the photos (as usual :thumbsup2) Last trip Storybook Circus was open but not done. There's so much of it that we haven't seen!

Yikes! Looks like quite the rain! I do like all the decoration pictures with the water droplets. I'm glad it didn't last long though!
Storybook Circus is just gorgeous. I'm glad I got to see a little bit of it when I was there. The new Dumbos are so pretty!

Oh my gosh Missy! Lisa was right - your engagement pictures are beautiful and adorable! You look dynamite!!

Love your laid back day - we have become a fan of those as well (as required by Joe). It really recharges you! And what better place to spend it than at Stormalong Bay?

I'm off to your new report now! :thumbsup2

Oh, good, I wasn't too far behind!

Nice to spend a few hours at MK. I so want to be there in October and see the beautiful fall/Halloween decorations.

What gorgeous pictures of MK and Storybook Circus!

So was the afternoon all about pictures (and nuggets). No rides so far? Really was a kicked back day for you!

Nope, you didn't fall behind at all! Fall is such a wonderful time at the World, the decorations are so cute!

No rides so far, just corndog nuggets. But I promise, that changes in the next chapter. ;)

Beautiful update! The rain makes for fantastic photos, and corn dog nuggets too :banana: A perfect start to your afternoon MK visit.

It is incredible how much those Magic Kingdom colors pop against a gray sky. It was a wonderful start to an unexpected afternoon at MK.

Your engagement photos are adorable! LOVE them!!!

I am all for a relaxing resort day, especially when SAB is involved. Good for you! It's funny, I have been thinking about trying Captain's Grille, so thanks for the mini review and the tip on the omelette/buffet combo. :thumbsup2

Stunning pictures of the resort. Just stunning! I'm bookmarking the post so I can come back whenever I need a little mini virtual vacation to my favorite place on the planet. :)

MK really is beautiful with the fall decorations, isn't it? Glad the rain didn't seem to last too long!

Thank you! :goodvibes Trips to Disney can sometimes feel so frenzied, it felt really good to just stop in place and really enjoy our surroundings (especially when the surroundings are as exquisite as BC and SAB!).

I'm glad Franklin could give you a virtual vacation, I could sure use one after the day at work I had today!

The downpour ended quickly that afternoon, but it continued to sprinkle on and off for the next few hours. It was a soggy afternoon, but it definitely didn't wash out our day!

You're brave, going without the poncho! Glad it cleared up quickly, but I did notice that there are NO photos of you in this update ;) Storybook Circus looks great though.

You noticed that, huh? I looked like a wet dog (that's what I get for putting Franklin's camera equipment above my own appearance :lmao:). It took well into the next day for my hoodie to even BEGIN to dry out.

Corn dog nuggets are 100% craveable. In fact, I could go for some right now.

Loving all the photos (as usual :thumbsup2) Last trip Storybook Circus was open but not done. There's so much of it that we haven't seen!

So craveable! I'm kind of glad there's nowhere around here that carries anything remotely close. They might be the world's worst food for you, but they are just so tasty!

Storybook Circus is so much fun, the details are just incredible. I can't wait until you get to explore it for yourself.

Yikes! Looks like quite the rain! I do like all the decoration pictures with the water droplets. I'm glad it didn't last long though!
Storybook Circus is just gorgeous. I'm glad I got to see a little bit of it when I was there. The new Dumbos are so pretty!

The Dumbos are spectacular, even more so at night. The fountains make such a difference.

Oh my gosh Missy! Lisa was right - your engagement pictures are beautiful and adorable! You look dynamite!!

Love your laid back day - we have become a fan of those as well (as required by Joe). It really recharges you! And what better place to spend it than at Stormalong Bay?

I'm off to your new report now! :thumbsup2

Thanks Brook! I remember your two-week trip and that was one of Joe's requirements, right? Down time? It felt great to have no plans. Just relaxation and going wherever the day took us. Amazing.

We last left off getting our fabulous first look at Storybook Circus. There were still a couple of hours left before the Halloween party officially started, so we decided it is was time to get our ride on! Franklin and I cut through Fantasyland and headed for a Disney classic... Haunted Mansion!

DSC_1365-L.jpg

DSC_1373-L.jpg

DSC_1379-L.jpg

DSC_1383-L.jpg

DSC_1387-L.jpg

DSC_1390-L.jpg

This next group may be Franklin’s best HM pictures ever.

DSC_1394-L.jpg

DSC_1398-L.jpg

DSC_1401-L.jpg

DSC_1403-L.jpg

DSC_1412-L.jpg

DSC_1419-L.jpg

DSC_1422-L.jpg

DSC_1426-L.jpg

Hey! Give me back my face!

DSC_1429-L.jpg

We took a stroll through Frontierland, stopping to take a look back at Haunted Mansion against the stormy sky.

DSC_1441-L.jpg

We were headed to my favorite Disney attraction...

DSC_1453-L.jpg

10-minute standby wait? Sure, why not?

DSC_1446-L.jpg

Isn’t it a crime to only ride it once when there’s a 10-minute wait? Let’s go again.

DSC_1457-L.jpg

DSC_1461-L.jpg

With a few rides under our belt, we took some time to stop and smell the roses on our way out of the park. We started in the hub.

DSC_1465-L.jpg

Franklin captures his favorite guy... Dumbo!

DSC_1471-L.jpg

And then my girl, Minnie.

DSC_1472-L.jpg

We enjoyed all the details at the train station.

DSC_1478-L.jpg

And as the party grew closer and the sky darkened a bit, the Mickey pumpkins lit up!

DSC_1480-L.jpg

That’s where we’ll leave off for now, but coming up is a monorail tour and one heck of a yummy dinner at one of our favorites!

Wow Franklin! You are a true artist. Those are the best HM pictures I have ever seen. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing!

Those HM pictures are simply stunning! Franklin is so talented behind the lens!! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to your MNSSHP fun!

I'm really enjoying this report too, and was so excited to learn about Dine with an Imagineer! I don't think I'd heard of that one before and promptly sent an email to my husband to remind us to book that the next time we go (after our June trip, which is only going to be a weekend - for our tenth anniversary!). :) I'll friend you on Facebook, if you don't mind! It'll be nice to get a dose of Disney occasionally on my Facebook feed. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!