Handy computer tip for gardeners

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
Last year, I wanted to do alot of re-arranging of my plants. And I needed to buy a few more. Using my digital camera, I took a photo of the garden area BEFORE plants really started coming up. I then used software to write plants onto the photo where I wanted to move the plant to. I wrote the name in the color of the plant. (Ex: black-eyed susan's I wrote in yellow...). I also used the software to draw in primitively (in appropriate color again) roughly how tall the plant is.

With this, I could clearly see I had too much pink in one area OR tall plant in front of short plants..... I printed it out. And it was also handy to take to the nursery when expaining the area when looking for a new plant. The nursery staff could see the area & surrounding plants / colors. They said it was a big help.

It will also help me this year. Since plants aren't coming up yet -- and I can't remember where I moved what to. LOL

Wow! That was an imaginative and productive undertaking! Glad it worked!

And it was a good way to spend the early spring when I was just ITCHING to get out there, but it was still too cold! LOL :)

If you click the link in my signature; go to the Condo album. It's just a tiny garden compared to some you guys have. Some pictures at beginning & end of album. I wish it was bigger sometimes, because I have so many ideas.

I must take after my mom. She lives on the Cape. She's planted their entire yard. There's hardly any grass left. LOL She eats & sleeps flowers. She belongs to the Garden Club. She takes Garden field trips. She has a "Yard Sale" each Memorial Day weekend where she literally sells her yard. She sells potted plants & when she runs out, she starts digging up more. LOL :) People return each year! They come by later to drop off the empty pots.

I am actually planning on doing something similar this weekend. If it doesn't work I might just break down and buy one of those garden planner software. I checked out your site and I love the photo of under the deck!

your available space! I especially love the shade garden under the deck and the Log house home theatre. You are very creative!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter