HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added to the List of Sweet & Savory Fall/Halloween Time Foods and Seasonal Drinks at Disneyland Resort -- HERE. Included in the latest round of updates were the Pumpkin Twist, the Turkey Pot Pie Soup, the Spiced Bundt Cake, a couple of 2014 Popcorn Bucket designs and quite a few other items.

Remember that not all of the items on the list will be available -- different versions of certain items and dishes/meals will pop up each year, and sometimes one restaurant might feature something while a totally different restaurant might feature that item or dish the next year. The list is just meant to be a general guideline as to the types of things to look for based on what has been available in recent years, and to provide a general idea of where to look for them.

Most of the items will be available somewhere at Disneyland Resort, however.

These most recent updates I got from Mouse Planet and the Disney Food Blog. Some of the items didn't really seem too "autumnal" to me. They seemed like they could be available at any time of year, but are supposedly part of a Fall menu of some sort.

I fully expect that we will see at least a couple of Disney Parks Blogs featuring the sweet side and the savory side of Halloween Time food, both this month and next month, and I will be adding to the list once again.

:dancer:

I think it's perfectly fine if you answer a question posed to someone else as long as you know the answer.

By the way, saw on the Disney Food Blog that the Jolly Holiday Cafe is serving Pumpkin Muffins - they're going for $2.99 and look more like a cupcake. I know how the nice folks on this list are looking for signs of fall - there's one for you!

I posted a link to the Disney Food Blog about the muffins in this thread, earlier today -- HERE!

A tangential discussion (not Halloween-related), but that's something I do wonder about. When someone posts something asking a question to a specific person, does that mean they only want that person to answer? Even if it is a general information question? I can see where it would be specific if they're asking an opinion (e.g., did you like something), but I've never been sure about general info/non-opinion questions.

It's really not a huge deal, but it is a case-by-case basis sort of thing for me, based on how urgent the question is, who is asking it, when it was asked, who is being asked and how long it takes for them to answer -- or if it is a general question not directed at anyone in particular. Also, sometimes people will answer things when they don't really have the accurate info to give, and I consider that too.

It's not an exact science. It's just a 'play it by ear' sort of thing, I think.:goodvibes

A tangential discussion (not Halloween-related), but that's something I do wonder about. When someone posts something asking a question to a specific person, does that mean they only want that person to answer? Even if it is a general information question? I can see where it would be specific if they're asking an opinion (e.g., did you like something), but I've never been sure about general info/non-opinion questions.

Sorry about that Figment. The reason I did that is because, I asked the question and nobody awnsered the question. Also I saw at Target most of the Halloween candy. They usually wait untill untill September 15th or later to put stuff up.

I was going to answer you today, Kilala -- but didn't have the chance!:rotfl2: I see that you did ask about the lockers 2 days ago, and you were not answered -- for that I apologize!:guilty: We were talking tote bags at that moment!

To be honest, if I see a specific name mentioned in a post, most of the time I will leave it alone -- at least at first, and especially in threads that are not Halloween or holiday-related threads. If I see that someone is asking something of someone in particular, I don't think it hurts to wait a bit and let the person answer, especially if the question is not urgent and if I know that the person being asked is going to give the accurate, right answer. If a long time has passed without an answer, that is a different story. If the person being asked is not going to know the answer, that's different too.

But, as I mentioned above, for me it is a case-by-case basis sort of thing.:) Not a huge deal at all. I just kind of look at each individual situation and take it from there.

For the record, though, on many occasions I have taken time to compose carefully worded and well thought out responses, and most of the time (or at least half the time) the person to whom I am responding never sees the reply! Lol.

From the dog that I didn't see get past bag check ...

Sorry, Cruella - no spots by perlster, on Flickr

... to the smoking crystal ball (News: It's not supposed to do that), Halloween Time had an .... interesting first day.

Perhaps as an allowance to Dapper Day, it seemed that Disney was not enforcing the "no costumes" rule strictly. Beyond cosplay, there were some guests wearing what look almost exactly like a Disney character's costume.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy experienced one major, and at least one minor, interruption of operation. Star Tours was also down for perhaps more than an hour at one point.

Again, there are no fastpasses available for Haunted Mansion Holiday.

As far as I know, for the first time ever (on a regular operating day), there were no, count 'em, zero, characters in the entrance show. The usual fuzzies were in the castle show, but Alice and Mad Hatter were still AWOL. Alice did show up for musical chairs, and with some help from Robert, ran the game.

Early on, Jack was by himself, but Sally was present in later sets.
Here is some good news, but ...
****MAGIC SPOILER**** It appears that Jack and Sally now have multiple friends. ****MAGIC SPOILER****

Happy Holidays from Jack and Sally

Characters in BTRJ for the Halloween Carnival - in costume - included Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Donald and Goofy

On the one occasion I was in line for the Conjure Up a Villain tent, some people were talking about not wanting to see Cruella, but their wish did not come true. It seems that the Queen (probably Snow White's) was the only other villain seen previously.

Zester the Jester
by perlster, on Flickr

"Double, double toil and trouble"
by perlster, on Flickr

Madame Beauchance by perlster, on Flickr

Jack and Sally by perlster, on Flickr

Alice and Copycat by perlster, on Flickr

From the dog that I didn't see get past bag check, to the smoking crystal ball (News: It's not supposed to do that), Halloween Time had an .... interesting first day.

Perhaps as an allowance to Dapper Day, it seemed that Disney was not enforcing the "no costumes" rule strictly. Beyond cosplay, there were some guests wearing what look almost exactly like a Disney character's costume.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy experienced one major, and at least one minor, interruption of operation. Star Tours was also down for perhaps more than an hour at one point.

Again, there are no fastpasses available for Haunted Mansion Holiday.

As far as I know, for the first time ever (on a regular operating day), there were no, count 'em, zero, characters in the entrance show. The usual fuzzies were in the castle show, but Alice and Mad Hatter were still AWOL. Alice did show up for musical chairs, and with some help from Robert, ran the game.

Early on, Jack was by himself, but Sally was present in later sets.
Here is some good news, but ...
****MAGIC SPOILER**** It appears that Jack and Sally now have multiple friends. ****MAGIC SPOILER****

Happy Holidays from Jack and Sally

perlster --

Thank you for the recap of today! I really appreciate it! Very interesting, indeed.

Did you see any characters at the Halloween Carnival (or did anyone see them)??

Thank you, also, for specifically mentioning the lack of Fastpasses at HMH. I suppose the FPs could be available as the season progresses, but I had a feeling that they would not be available for at least some of the time -- if not the entire season. I thought the bit that I read in a recent Disney Visa newsletter about the "only time of year" that FPs are available for HM is during Halloween Time was bogus, or at least misleading.

Sorry about that Figment. The reason I did that is because, I asked the question and nobody awnsered the question. Also I saw at Target most of the Halloween candy. They usually wait untill untill September 15th or later to put stuff up.

Hi Kilala - blackjackdelta was in the parks today and he said the Main Street lockers were still closed. So at this point they have not re-opened. I sent Disneyland an email asking if there is a scheduled re-opening date, but I haven't heard back yet. I would ask this question again closer to when you're going to see if things have changed.

Not sure if this is one the foods list yet or not, but I was making my Blue Bayou reservations and noticed this under "Halloween Entree"

Creole-brined Bone-In Pork Chop
served with Roasted Garlic-Boursin Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Baby Spinach, Champagne-Pear Coulis, and Tomato Relish

Sounds good!

(It appears on the menu now, so I assume it's 'Halloween Time' and not just Halloween day)

Hi Kilala - blackjackdelta was in the parks today and he said the Main Street lockers were still closed. So at this point they have not re-opened. I sent Disneyland an email asking if there is a scheduled re-opening date, but I haven't heard back yet. I would ask this question again closer to when you're going to see if things have changed.

I tweeted @DisneylandToday about this today (trying to plan for my little trip as well). They responded saying that the lockers are scheduled to reopen "after this fall season" so i take that to mean sometime after Halloween, or later, but it sounds like the timing is still a little squishy.

https://twitter.com/DisneylandToday/status/510848285939343360

perlster -- Thanks for adding in the extra comments about the Carnival. I was curious about which Villains would be conjured this year, and so far it doesn't sound like anyone unexpected was there. I wish they would put some rarely seen Villains in that tent, to make waiting the line really worthwhile. Even if they just had two rare Villains there it would be better -- in my opinion -- than 2-4 not-so-rare Villains.

Not sure if this is one the foods list yet or not, but I was making my Blue Bayou reservations and noticed this under "Halloween Entree"

Creole-brined Bone-In Pork Chop
served with Roasted Garlic-Boursin Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Baby Spinach, Champagne-Pear Coulis, and Tomato Relish

Sounds good!

(It appears on the menu now, so I assume it's 'Halloween Time' and not just Halloween day)

Jennafoo --

That dish was not on the Foods list until you posted about it, but it is on the list now! Thank you so much for letting me know so I could add it in.:):cool1:

You're right -- it does sound good! I don't think I have eaten a pork chop in years, but this one sounds tasty!

I tweeted @DisneylandToday about this today (trying to plan for my little trip as well). They responded saying that the lockers are scheduled to reopen "after this fall season" so i take that to mean sometime after Halloween, or later, but it sounds like the timing is still a little squishy.

ClosetDisneyJunkie --

You could be right -- maybe the lockers will open in between Halloween Time and the start of the holiday season in November. It would help to have the lockers open for Mickey's Halloween Party but it doesn't sound like that is what's going to happen. Having them open for the Avengers Marathon weekend would also be handy.

Thanks for this info. So to clarify, there are no lockers available inside the park, correct? We would have to use the ones in the esplanade?

Anyone have any thoughts on how warm it will be on Halloween? We are going as the Gravity Falls gang (Mabel, Dipper, Grunkle Stan, and Waddles the Pig) and I am trying to decide fabrics etc. Advice? I haven't been to Southern CA at Halloween time - just the Bay Area, which is a different animal when it comes to temps!

Anyone have any thoughts on how warm it will be on Halloween? We are going as the Gravity Falls gang (Mabel, Dipper, Grunkle Stan, and Waddles the Pig) and I am trying to decide fabrics etc. Advice? I haven't been to Southern CA at Halloween time - just the Bay Area, which is a different animal when it comes to temps!

Idymcbth --

The Bay Area is different, indeed.

HydroGuy compiled some interesting "Detailed Weather Data for DLR" in this thread a while back. That info largely deals with averages.

I live in SoCal -- about 40/45 minutes from Anaheim. To me, it seems like the temperatures have been getting warmer in general over the last decade, with weather that can go in all sorts of directions between September and December.

That said, my guess is that the temperatures will have cooled down a bit by late October and 10/31 -- cooled down compared to what they are now, which is very unpleasant. That doesn't mean it will drop to 50 degrees in the daytime or anything. It probably won't even be raining. It could be windy -- that is always a possibility.

I think that we will probably end up with temperatures in the upper 70's or low 80's in late October, if I were to predict. Sure, we could have a crazy 90+ degree heat wave, but probably not. The evenings will probably cool down to the 60's or so, or maybe 50-something.

We don't really begin to get noticeably chilly or cold air -- in my opinion -- until November. After being in the sun all day, however, even the slightest breeze at night can feel like an Arctic blast.

It is a the chilly side around Halloween night. I have noticed that once the sun goes down the temp drops. The seasons are changing already

It's really not a huge deal, but it is a case-by-case basis sort of thing for me, based on how urgent the question is, who is asking it, when it was asked, who is being asked and how long it takes for them to answer -- or if it is a general question not directed at anyone in particular. Also, sometimes people will answer things when they don't really have the accurate info to give, and I consider that too.

It's not an exact science. It's just a 'play it by ear' sort of thing, I think.:goodvibes

I was going to answer you today, Kilala -- but didn't have the chance!:rotfl2: I see that you did ask about the lockers 2 days ago, and you were not answered -- for that I apologize!:guilty: We were talking tote bags at that moment!

To be honest, if I see a specific name mentioned in a post, most of the time I will leave it alone -- at least at first, and especially in threads that are not Halloween or holiday-related threads. If I see that someone is asking something of someone in particular, I don't think it hurts to wait a bit and let the person answer, especially if the question is not urgent and if I know that the person being asked is going to give the accurate, right answer. If a long time has passed without an answer, that is a different story. If the person being asked is not going to know the answer, that's different too.

But, as I mentioned above, for me it is a case-by-case basis sort of thing.:) Not a huge deal at all. I just kind of look at each individual situation and take it from there.

Sorry about that...it was one of those, "oh, I know that and help out" type of responses and then afterwards I realized that I probably should not have done that. I can't promise that I'll always remember, but I'll try to avoid answer questions asked of a specific person in the future.

Sorry about that Figment. The reason I did that is because, I asked the question and nobody answered the question.
Sorry about missing it the first time you asked!

We spent a few hours there this afternoon. It was so hot I am already home. Check the weather as you get closer as we had a very hot October last year, but it does get cool after the sun sets.

The carnival area was very cute and the best part the conjour the villain was air conditioned. We got Maleficent so we were happy or "witch" as my daughter calls her.

I saw the same characters but out in front Jessie was greeting guests as well.

We didn't see too much because we took long air conditioned breaks but I did see an Olaf cup with straw I hadn't seen before. (Wrong holiday, but holiday)

I saw three types of Halloween bags. A pumpkin with Mickey face/ears that lights up ( glows in the dark), a mickey and Minnie design. They even had safety lights in a skull and pumpkin mickey.

Very festive in DL but didn't make it to DCA so no reports there. The Disney fall season was in the air even if the weather wasnt.

Thanks for the update! I am hoping the weather cools off next week but I am not holding my breath.

bearette -- Thank you so much for the update on the Carnival, the characters, the bags, etc.!! It was so hot I didn't even try to go to DLR yesterday or today. I have to wait until it cools down just a tad. It's only getting hotter over the next few days, but there is a slight bit of relief towards the end of the week, I think.

Red Robin has Pumpkin Pie Milkshakes now. I didn't try it, as that sounds kind of nasty to me....

lorijohnhill --

Now that you mention Red Robin and the milkshake, that reminds me that I think I saw an ad for or photo of Dairy Queen's own pumpkin something-or-another the other day.

I have never tried pumpkin ice cream. It comes out every year and I just cannot commit to a whole carton of it without tasting it first!

A couple of DIS'ers reported (in my separate Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread) that they just saw the annual Dreyer's/Edy's Pumpkin Patch ice cream in their stores. That pumpkin ice cream is only supposed to be out in September and October, I think, but if it doesn't sell out then the stores will keep it until it does sell, I suppose. It's probably not as popular as the Dreyer's Peppermint Wonderland ice cream (which is also out now), but it must have a following because it comes back every year.

I finally saw the ABC Family pro-mo on the 13 days to Halloween. I still have not seen anything on Halloweentime

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter