HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused: Glow in the dark Oreos? Are these new? I have ever heard of such a thing!!! Or, is it just the actual wrappers that glow (not the cookies)? Either way, they are new to me! Pumpkin Pandemonium and Halloween Hoopla live on!!
I was at WalMart yesterday and saw the glow in the dark Oreos. It was just the packaging not the actual cookie that glows. 2 regular sized cookie in each package.

I do believe someone had mentioned bringing a less than three year old (so unpaid) and it was no problem, the just provided no food for them.

As for the villains there are a few mini "show" entrances and exits, I just don't know which ones but the villains coming out will be brought out with the horse drawn carriage and the ones who are currently out ride it in. I think they have been doing half hour sets so it should be on the hour or half. I know they don't do it during the first hour though, as they are still filtering out guests and they don't do it as the very last ones go in before the final show

Indeed, it definitely does not happen at the first entrance of each group. I've seen both the first male and female entrance and they just walked in and out. So first time it happens should be after the first hour of the party.

We did our first Halloween party on 10/16 and we had so much fun!

We got there around 5:30 and the lines at the gates were pretty long. We headed straight to Toontown and it was a madhouse! Did one TT there and then hit Roger Rabbit only to have the ride break down, boo!

We left Toontown and headed out towards the castle, got some popcorn and just sat and watched people. the costumes were amazing! I really enjoyed seeing the costumes.

Next we started hitting up rides- we must have done Splash 5 times with no wait, Pooh, Indiana Jones 4 times, BTMR several times, HM, etc. we had absolutely no wait for any rides, it was great!

We hit the treat trails later in the night with hardly any wait. Watched the fireworks as we were passing through, watched Cadaver Dans perform. Loved all the spooky noises/ music. My kids and I had so much fun!!! The only thing we didn't do was Villian pictures. The lines were just way too long. We did enjoy sitting and watching other people take pictures with them at the end of the night.

We will do it again, for sure!

Can anyone confirm that the projections DURING the fireworks on Small World are taking place during the party? I've read here that people have seen the Halloween Party projections, but I have not seen anyone say they saw projections during the fireworks. We watched from the Small World area last year and would like to do so again this year. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm that the projections DURING the fireworks on Small World are taking place during the party? I've read here that people have seen the Halloween Party projections, but I have not seen anyone say they saw projections during the fireworks. We watched from the Small World area last year and would like to do so again this year. Thanks!
I asked a couple CM when I was there during the party on Oct 5th about viewing the projections from iasm or the river and no one could guarantee it. One said during the weekend they do (I figure that's when Fantasmic is showing anyhow). So we ended up going to Main St to watch since I didn't want to miss our only chance to see HS and another night I thought we'd see DF from the river but we ended up waiting inside for HM instead and missed it entirely.

I asked a couple CM when I was there during the party on Oct 5th about viewing the projections from iasm or the river and no one could guarantee it. One said during the weekend they do (I figure that's when Fantasmic is showing anyhow). So we ended up going to Main St to watch since I didn't want to miss our only chance to see HS and another night I thought we'd see DF from the river but we ended up waiting inside for HM instead and missed it entirely.

That is so random.

Hey, everyone! Keep the stories about Mickey's Halloween Party coming. Some of us are still counting down the days until our own visits!

Can someone tell me what and where the magic shots are taken? Also does the pre party start 1 hr before the party

Pre-party starts 1 hr before party, but people were lined up an hour or more before that to get into Toontown. They walked us all back before the hour mark and opened at least one treat trail early. Characters did not show until the one hour before party mark, but lines formed before then. I personally was in the 3rd long line of people to get into TT, was in before 5pm with a 6pm party start, and went straight to the line that had already formed for the gazebo. I got to Mickey & Minnie just before their first set was up. M&M were rotating every 1/2 hr w/ Chip & Dale in front of Town Hall with the line wrapped around the gazebo. Goofy and Pluto rotating to the left of the gazebo, and Donald/Daisy taking turns on the right. All sets were 1/2 hr.

ETA - This was for the Mon. 10/19 party.

Can someone tell me what and where the magic shots are taken? Also does the pre party start 1 hr before the party

I got Pascal and Tink at the Partners Statue. Tink and an Inside Out one at Matterhorn, Pixie Hollow side. Stitch on the Bench with me near Hyperion Theater. Balloons in multiple places. Olaf was Matterhorn too I think.

Are there magic shots specific to the party?

Not that I am aware of. I didn't even see any Photopass people out besides the character meets. Even the ones at the pumpkin seemed to have left when the party started officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter