Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY! and Other Halloween Time Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad to see the one day we picked, September 26, is SOLD OUT. Just a random Thursday and it's the only one so far, of course. Oh well. It is what it is.

Can party tickets be used by someone else? If I put a name down when i purchased and the app shows the ticket with the name can it be used by someone else? We purchased 9 and there is small chance that one of the adults might not be able to come. They more than likely will still be able to make it, but i just want to be prepared in case they don't. I would bring a cousin or niece instead. All with the same last name.

So sad to see the one day we picked, September 26, is SOLD OUT. Just a random Thursday and it's the only one so far, of course. Oh well. It is what it is.

Oh geez, don't let that bother you! Many more will end up being sold out, and they limit the number of guests so the parties should be very manageable. I'm going in Sept. too - I'm sure we'll all have a blast!!

Edited to add: I just looked at your signature and I see that you've been to DL like a thousand times and know way more than me anyway...but I still say we'll all have a blast! :earsboy:

Oh geez, don't let that bother you! Many more will end up being sold out, and they limit the number of guests so the parties should be very manageable. I'm going in Sept. too - I'm sure we'll all have a blast!!

Edited to add: I just looked at your signature and I see that you've been to DL like a thousand times and know way more than me anyway...but I still say we'll all have a blast! :earsboy:

Aww, thanks! I know, I go a lot, I haven't even updated that in years now! I live in Orlando now so usually do MNSSHP which is almost always crowded. But I was hoping for a dead one there!! But we'll have tons of fun either way! I just thought it was a weird date to sell out first!

Hope your party goes well! It's funny, I went to the first ever one and it's weird to see people complain about it moving to DCA since all my early ones were there and that's just what I was used to! I like it better that way!!

Aww, thanks! I know, I go a lot, I haven't even updated that in years now! I live in Orlando now so usually do MNSSHP which is almost always crowded. But I was hoping for a dead one there!! But we'll have tons of fun either way! I just thought it was a weird date to sell out first!

Hope your party goes well! It's funny, I went to the first ever one and it's weird to see people complain about it moving to DCA since all my early ones were there and that's just what I was used to! I like it better that way!!

Thanks! This will be our first trip to DL - been to WDW 19 times, and consider it our "home park" (I'm in NY). Glad to hear you prefer the DCA Party, it's obviously going to be all new to me either way, but it really does look like it's going to be a lot of fun!

You're so lucky to live in Orlando! WDW anytime!

So I went ahead and bought my ticket lol. Going September 24! Didn’t want to prolong it since it’s one of the few days Passholders get a discount, and the party on Thursday is already sold out.

Warning: if you are going to the party for the first time, be careful! You will get addicted going to these parties. This is my 3rd one in a row! lol I told myself I wasn’t going to go this year due to the offerings and cost. Then Disneyland decided to announce a Carsland overlay and I was sold 😅 So I was able to make it work lol

Thanks! This will be our first trip to DL - been to WDW 19 times, and consider it our "home park" (I'm in NY). Glad to hear you prefer the DCA Party, it's obviously going to be all new to me either way, but it really does look like it's going to be a lot of fun!

You're so lucky to live in Orlando! WDW anytime!

You are going to LOVE Disneyland!!!
That is true, but I still fly across the country a few times a year for Disneyland! It's my home! Are you gonna do the WOC Dessert Party? A little scared now about tickets but I definitely want to!

So I went ahead and bought my ticket lol. Going September 24! Didn’t want to prolong it since it’s one of the few days Passholders get a discount, and the party on Thursday is already sold out.

Warning: if you are going to the party for the first time, be careful! You will get addicted going to these parties. This is my 3rd one in a row! lol I told myself I wasn’t going to go this year due to the offerings and cost. Then Disneyland decided to announce a Carsland overlay and I was sold 😅 So I was able to make it work lol

Carsland overlay is awesome! Luckily you can see it anytime, but it is just SO cool!P1050378.JPG

You are going to LOVE Disneyland!!!
That is true, but I still fly across the country a few times a year for Disneyland! It's my home! Are you gonna do the WOC Dessert Party? A little scared now about tickets but I definitely want to!

I'm sure we will! Only 2 months to go!! :earsboy:

We probably won't do the dessert party, or WOC actually. Since we are only at the parks for 4 days and this will most certainly be our only trip out that way, we want to spend as much time as possible doing the rides, and in this case the party activities as well.

Can party tickets be used by someone else? If I put a name down when i purchased and the app shows the ticket with the name can it be used by someone else? We purchased 9 and there is small chance that one of the adults might not be able to come. They more than likely will still be able to make it, but i just want to be prepared in case they don't. I would bring a cousin or niece instead. All with the same last name.
I don't think this will be a problem as long as this is not an issue of re-selling or transferring the ticket. Disney understands that things like this happen in life. Just make sure that the person who goes through the gate with the ticket is the person whose name ends up on the ticket. You can always call Disney just to double check on this -- I think Guest Services might be able to change the name on the ticket or in the app for you once you know for certain who will be using the ticket. If you find out anything that differs from this information, please update here!

Some other differences between the two parties:
The parade is different and smaller at MHP -- unless they make some changes for OBB because the DCA parade route is much longer than DL's parade route.
The Headless Horseman is quite different here -- DL doesn't have the same kind of horses (ours are draft horses made for pulling trollies, not running!) and DL doesn't have a safe route for running horses (it was tried with a stuntman and deemed VERY unsafe, especially with guests sitting on the ground). I think our horse is beautiful (there was only one horse last year; two horses trading off the year before), but our Headless Horseman isn't nearly as dramatic as the one at MNSSHP. Don't know if any changes will be made this year because of the longer route. Will have to ask the trolley CMs the next time we see them.

Some other differences between the two parties:
The parade is different and smaller at MHP -- unless they make some changes for OBB because the DCA parade route is much longer than DL's parade route.
The Headless Horseman is quite different here -- DL doesn't have the same kind of horses (ours are draft horses made for pulling trollies, not running!) and DL doesn't have a safe route for running horses (it was tried with a stuntman and deemed VERY unsafe, especially with guests sitting on the ground). I think our horse is beautiful (there was only one horse last year; two horses trading off the year before), but our Headless Horseman isn't nearly as dramatic as the one at MNSSHP. Don't know if any changes will be made this year because of the longer route. Will have to ask the trolley CMs the next time we see them.

The WDW MNSSHP horses are also draft horses that pull the wagons, etc. They do not run any longer as one nearly went down on wet pavement a few years ago.

I am arriving to DLR late on Oct 30th so I can enjoy Halloween decorations at both parks on the 31st and attend OBB on Halloween. HOWEVER, I just read there will be Halloween fireworks in Disneyland on 'select nights'. If I change my flight to arrive earlier, what is the chance these fireworks will be done on that Wednesday?

I didn't get an answer so I thought I'd try again. I also just read Halloween Screams will be every night--is that right? Just fireworks on some nights. What time do you think Halloween Screams will be on a Wednesday in October?

So, because Disneyland is basically in a neighborhood, my guess is they will do the laser version of Halloween screams on weekday nights... probably around 9:30. And Fri-Sunday night will have the pyrotechnics... during the regular course of the year, they only do fireworks nightly during the busiest times. And now that they have figured out the projections and lasers can opt to do those on weeknights and be quieter for the surrounding area. We also saw the laser version last year because it was just dumping rain on our MHP nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter