Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

I think the plan to drive sounds great ... getting to see family & more 'stuff' is always good! Plus it looks like you are able to take extra time so you aren't taking away any Disney time.

Have the twins ever flown? That would be something I would think about for sure. Tough being trapped in a plane if they are upset!

I think the plan to drive sounds great ... getting to see family & more 'stuff' is always good! Plus it looks like you are able to take extra time so you aren't taking away any Disney time.

Have the twins ever flown? That would be something I would think about for sure. Tough being trapped in a plane if they are upset!

None of the kids have ever flown before, so that did come into the conversations. We also figured they'd need to stay in their strollers until boarding, plus have their carseats, plus all of our carry on......could be almost impossible to carry everything we needed just to get on & off the plane.

Part of this depends on whether or not Mike can get that much time off. The other factor would be if my brother will be in town that weekend.

This would be an awesome trip if everything falls into place!!! :woohoo:

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!! Mike just found out that his boss is taking Nov 27 to Dec 3 off!!!!! (it wasn't on the calendar because he knew when he was gonna be off....nobody else did). Which means we can't go that week. I'm totally frustrated!!!! We already made arrangements with HoJo & I'm pretty sure the same deal won't be there if the dates change.........sooooooooooooo MAD!!!! :headache: Now we're trying to figure out our dates & what we're doing for lodging.

Laurie - I'm so bummed for you!!! :hug: Darn that boss for not posting his vacation dates!

I hope you can find dates that work just as well!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!!!! Mike just found out that his boss is taking Nov 27 to Dec 3 off!!!!! (it wasn't on the calendar because he knew when he was gonna be off....nobody else did). Which means we can't go that week. I'm totally frustrated!!!! We already made arrangements with HoJo & I'm pretty sure the same deal won't be there if the dates change.........sooooooooooooo MAD!!!! :headache: Now we're trying to figure out our dates & what we're doing for lodging.

Oh, Laurie! Crap is right!

Well, if it's a matter of just wanting to not be at DLR during the most crowded point in the holiday season and still get the full array of holiday decorations, food, etc., that go up after Thanksgiving ends, you would still be okay if you went that week that starts with Monday, December 5. It's not a madhouse yet at that point. Of course, DLR may have their CM parties on 12/5 and 12/6 (or they could delay them by one week, like they did last year), but that won't ruin anything because you can still go to DCA or hang around the hotels.

It would probably even be okay if you went in the week of December 12. You'd have enough days in the park to get everything in even if it began to get crowded. But the real crowds will be Thanksgiving weekend and after mid-December.

So if Mike is able to switch vacation days to just one week later or two weeks later, and if you hurry hurry hurry and contact HoJo's before too many other people book, you should be okay!!

I have confidence you will pull off this holiday trip, Laurie! That hefty tax refund is a sign that your trip is meant to be and you will make it work somehow!:hug::hug:

Laurie - I'm so bummed for you!!! :hug: Darn that boss for not posting his vacation dates!

I hope you can find dates that work just as well!

Oh, Laurie! Crap is right!

Well, if it's a matter of just wanting to not be at DLR during the most crowded point in the holiday season and still get the full array of holiday decorations, food, etc., that go up after Thanksgiving ends, you would still be okay if you went that week that starts with Monday, December 5. It's not a madhouse yet at that point. Of course, DLR may have their CM parties on 12/5 and 12/6 (or they could delay them by one week, like they did last year), but that won't ruin anything because you can still go to DCA or hang around the hotels.

It would probably even be okay if you went in the week of December 12. You'd have enough days in the park to get everything in even if it began to get crowded. But the real crowds will be Thanksgiving weekend and after mid-December.

So if Mike is able to switch vacation days to just one week later or two weeks later, and if you hurry hurry hurry and contact HoJo's before too many other people book, you should be okay!!

I have confidence you will pull off this holiday trip, Laurie! That hefty tax refund is a sign that your trip is meant to be and you will make it work somehow!:hug::hug:

Thanx Bridget & Sherry!!! I couldn't believe it when Mike called & told me. How can anyone plan if those things aren't put on the calendar. We did it in good faith, figuring the week after Thanksgiving would be a good time to go because it's quiet in the grocery stores. So he is checking with the boss about Dec 5-10 but no guarantees because the meat wrapper takes the entire month of Dec off.......heavy sigh.

Mike actually suggested we put the money into a one year CD & plan next to go next year.......it's a good thing he was on the phone & not within punching range......lol :rolleyes1

If that doesn't work, then we'll look at going for the Halloween time......available times are Oct 12-20. Which would be great......but I really got myself in the mood for Christmas & might be hard for me to switch gears.

I'm delaying calling the HoJo because if Mike can do the new Dec. dates, I want to see about switching weeks......but since they only have the one queen suite......I'm not sure how lucky we'd be in getting it. I sure wish the resort hotels weren't soooooooooo much more money.......we're talking thousands of dollars difference....just crazy!!

Thank you so much!!!

Have you gone at Christmas time before?? This will be my first time & I can't wait.......I put up a countdown calendar on my wall today......lol Only 234 days to go!!! lol

Let me know if you start putting some plans together.....I love hearing about others trips.....especially when they're around the same time as ours!!!

We haven't gone at Christmas time, this will be our first time. We've been at Halloween time twice for our daughter's birthday though. So we're ready for Christmas time! We like to book through Costco so we can make payments. I recently switched jobs so I have to save up my paid time off before I can request the time off. This is the part that is driving me nuts :mad: I don't want to put the deposit down until I know I can have the time off. Keeping my fingers crossed no one asks for that time off before I can!

RATS!!! If it's not one thing... But I agree...this trip was meant for you and your family!!! Sending good luck wishes for perfect timing for travel/hotel and Mikes time off!
These Disney trips don't "just happen" do they?? We planners work hard to get all those details worked out so we can all enjoy our vacations with the Mouse!

We haven't gone at Christmas time, this will be our first time. We've been at Halloween time twice for our daughter's birthday though. So we're ready for Christmas time! We like to book through Costco so we can make payments. I recently switched jobs so I have to save up my paid time off before I can request the time off. This is the part that is driving me nuts :mad: I don't want to put the deposit down until I know I can have the time off. Keeping my fingers crossed no one asks for that time off before I can!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well!!! We thought we had our time off & then found out yesterday (after we booked our motel) that now we can't go at that time....the boss is taking that week off!! :headache:

RATS!!! If it's not one thing... But I agree...this trip was meant for you and your family!!! Sending good luck wishes for perfect timing for travel/hotel and Mikes time off!
These Disney trips don't "just happen" do they?? We planners work hard to get all those details worked out so we can all enjoy our vacations with the Mouse!

Thanx!! Hopefully we'll know early next week, so I can get to planning again!!

Just remember how many ups & downs we had during the planning stages of our Christmas trip last year and we pulled it off.

He is lucky he brought up waiting on the phone... really BAD solution I would have wanted to slug him too.

The planets will align and it all will work out even if it is frustrating now...and should the worst happen and you HAVE to go at Halloween... maybe (since our dates are flexing a bit right now) we can meet up for a little Surf's Up if we end up there at the same time!

Just remember how many ups & downs we had during the planning stages of our Christmas trip last year and we pulled it off.

He is lucky he brought up waiting on the phone... really BAD solution I would have wanted to slug him too.

The planets will align and it all will work out even if it is frustrating now...and should the worst happen and you HAVE to go at Halloween... maybe (since our dates are flexing a bit right now) we can meet up for a little Surf's Up if we end up there at the same time!

Well I hope it all gets worked out.....the phone thing.....bad, bad, bad idea......lol Once I get it in my head that we're going.....don't tell me to put if off for a whole year!!!! :scared1:

I'd be ok with Halloween time......and right now the dates he was told were ok in October were the 12-20th.......so possibly we will see other divas & including you if that's when we go!!

I thought I stopped over on your thread and hope everything works out well during your trip. It would be nice to go during the Holiday season, but it is still good to go during the Halloween season at the DLR.

I thought I stopped over on your thread and hope everything works out well during your trip. It would be nice to go during the Holiday season, but it is still good to go during the Halloween season at the DLR.

Thanx!! We're keeping our fingers crossed!! We'd love, love, love to go at Christmas, but really, I'll take any time to go to Disneyland......yup, I L:love:VE being there that much!!! :cool1:

Hi Laurie -

Just stopped by to say hi and let you know my friend's husband called on Friday and they are currently in review with the IRS and were told they should know something within the next month. So it looks to be about 8 weeks from refiling (which they had to do to). I'm sorry for the snag :headache: with Mike's work but I'm sure things will work out. I just love reading on your thread and hearing about your kids. Good Luck on your Christmas trip. :hug:

Kris

Hi Laurie -

Just stopped by to say hi and let you know my friend's husband called on Friday and they are currently in review with the IRS and were told they should know something within the next month. So it looks to be about 8 weeks from refiling (which they had to do to). I'm sorry for the snag :headache: with Mike's work but I'm sure things will work out. I just love reading on your thread and hearing about your kids. Good Luck on your Christmas trip. :hug:

Kris

So did the IRS email them or call them??

Still holding out for Christmas time, but he's pretty sure that won't happen this year. Next choice would be Halloween time or late September (but don't want to miss out on HM & Space because they're down for the overlays)

My friend's husband called the IRS and that is when they told him their adoptions were under review. I hope you can go at halloween time if Christmas doesn't come through. They are making plans for May to go on a cruise so I will let you know approximately how long it took from refile to check in hand as soon as I know.

I loved hearing about your trip with the Divas and Mike. It look like a lot of fun.

Kris

My friend's husband called the IRS and that is when they told him their adoptions were under review. I hope you can go at halloween time if Christmas doesn't come through. They are making plans for May to go on a cruise so I will let you know approximately how long it took from refile to check in hand as soon as I know.

I loved hearing about your trip with the Divas and Mike. It look like a lot of fun.

Kris

Cool, I'd appreciate it.......I know the tax gal said when she did an amendment to her taxes it took 5 months!! :scared1: I'm really hoping it truly doesn't take that long!!

Thank you for reading the other report!! It was a fun trip, & next time will be even better cause I'll be prepared for leaving my kids & having fun without them. I need to know its ok to do that & I think my mindset is in the right place.

Mike's supposed to find out today what dates we can go on our trip.......hope it's early in the day, as I need to call HoJo's to see if we can make a change!! Still have my fingers crossed for Christmas time.......but really, I'll take any trip to DL, no matter the season (ok, maybe not Spring Break....but any other time) :rotfl2:

Mike's supposed to find out today what dates we can go on our trip.......hope it's early in the day, as I need to call HoJo's to see if we can make a change!! Still have my fingers crossed for Christmas time.......but really, I'll take any trip to DL, no matter the season (ok, maybe not Spring Break....but any other time) :rotfl2:

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending you lots of pixie dust!
pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter