Halloween Quest PTR~~THE TRIP IS OFFICIALLY OFF!

Shyann on POTC singing ok Mom get the video camera out! :rotfl: Is there anything your local IRS office can do, I know H&R block filled out the return again but could you take it to the local office instead of mailing it? Just a thought.

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie -- I was on a roll can you tell. Ok going to put my .02 where it might only be worth a penny.

Get this refund in bank -- then re-do for Addy. You are not taking any money form anyone else. The credit is there for your family only -- no other. The Feds are not going to say oh we have 12k from the Eck Family lets pay the Federal debt down and send them a ty card. If you do not file-- that money will sit at IRS until the filing date ends and then it will be used for what ever. This is money you can use to help the kids --- I am gonna hate kicking some butt -- but you better file girl friend :). But wait till this one is done -signed and delivered- and in bank -- then just do it :).

I can see the enjoyment you have being able to adopt the children. Without you and husband and the older boys I can not even think what might have been for the 4 younger children. I can see they are loved and well taken care of with your family and you and they deserve any funds available to help with monies. Do not feel one bit bad---I would --as in me-- feel bad if you did not file for money you are due. So don't make me feel bad-- and file :).

Patty

Shyann on POTC singing ok Mom get the video camera out! :rotfl: Is there anything your local IRS office can do, I know H&R block filled out the return again but could you take it to the local office instead of mailing it? Just a thought.

It really is cute when she hears the song come on & she even asks for it!!!!

The local office said all they would do is mail it to the address we were given to send this back in. It's going to NY......when we originally sent stuff it went to Sacramento.....so we are saving a step mailing it back to NY.

Laurie, Laurie, Laurie -- I was on a roll can you tell. Ok going to put my .02 where it might only be worth a penny.

Get this refund in bank -- then re-do for Addy. You are not taking any money form anyone else. The credit is there for your family only -- no other. The Feds are not going to say oh we have 12k from the Eck Family lets pay the Federal debt down and send them a ty card. If you do not file-- that money will sit at IRS until the filing date ends and then it will be used for what ever. This is money you can use to help the kids --- I am gonna hate kicking some butt -- but you better file girl friend :). But wait till this one is done -signed and delivered- and in bank -- then just do it :).

I can see the enjoyment you have being able to adopt the children. Without you and husband and the older boys I can not even think what might have been for the 4 younger children. I can see they are loved and well taken care of with your family and you and they deserve any funds available to help with monies. Do not feel one bit bad---I would --as in me-- feel bad if you did not file for money you are due. So don't make me feel bad-- and file :).

Patty

Well it's definitely something to ponder........I'll talk to Mike & see what he thinks & if that's even a possibility. Not sure how many times they'll let us amend our returns before it causes a lot of red flags to go up. I'd prefer not to be audited.....not good at keeping everything in order. It would be a paperwork nightmare to say the least!!

Well with a sad heart, I am ending this pre trip report!! The planning has been fun & something I live for & I appreciate each & everyone of you that has stopped in to read it & especially to those that have said hello!!! As most of you have seen, money we were expecting to arrive in plenty of time for this trip, will no longer be here in time. Due to a mistake made by the people preparing our amended tax returns, our adoption credit has been delayed for another 8-12 wks. Now that 24hrs has passed since this all came to light, I have had time to reflect & come to grips with this. As much as it pains me to be losing out on going in October, this is not the end of the world. Is the credit coming.......YES.......does this change when we'll go.......YES......do we know when that will be........POSSIBLY!!!

I guess the lesson to be learned from all of this: Don't count your chicks before they're hatched!!

So again I thank all of you for going on this ride & now you'll have to look for my new PTR which will be the February 2012 Dis Diva's Girl's Trip to pop up very soon.....so I hope you'll join me there!!!!!

Good bye and good night October Pre-trip Planning Report. Last one out please turn off the lights :). :grouphug: Wave

Patty

Laurie - just got back from WDW with no WIFI in the rooms (I only brought my iPad) so have not been up to date.

I am so shocked and sad!! :sad: Stupid H&R Block - I hope they refund your filing fee. They certainly owe you more than a mousey sorry!

I am, however, so happy to see some good news - Mike's new job and the family trip moving to Feb after the Diva trip!! I glad you were able to reschedule and hopefully knowing that your family will be coming shortly will make the Diva trip much better!!

I will go on over to your new TR! HUGS!!:grouphug:

Laurie - just got back from WDW with no WIFI in the rooms (I only brought my iPad) so have not been up to date.

I am so shocked and sad!! :sad: Stupid H&R Block - I hope they refund your filing fee. They certainly owe you more than a mousey sorry!

I am, however, so happy to see some good news - Mike's new job and the family trip moving to Feb after the Diva trip!! I glad you were able to reschedule and hopefully knowing that your family will be coming shortly will make the Diva trip much better!!

I will go on over to your new TR! HUGS!!:grouphug:

:hug: Thanx Bridget!!! No refund.....their guarantee is for if you end up owing penalities & fees.......no guarantee when we are owed the money. I won't be going back, that's for sure!!

There are positives in waiting until Feb, but it also takes us from 40 something days to 190 something days.....heavy sigh!! Oh well, what can we do!

See ya on the new PTR!!!

Sorry it is off, but hopefully you will be rescheduling it soon

will look for when your next pre trip is up :goodvibes

Laurie! Im so sorry for everything that's happened, I hate the way these sorts of things work why cant they call and say hey your missing this you x amount time to get it to us or we reject you something. Anyway sorry I haven't been reading I was out of town I was so sad to see your trip was off. Praying for your family and hoping you get some of the magic soon!

Laurie! Im so sorry for everything that's happened, I hate the way these sorts of things work why cant they call and say hey your missing this you x amount time to get it to us or we reject you something. Anyway sorry I haven't been reading I was out of town I was so sad to see your trip was off. Praying for your family and hoping you get some of the magic soon!

Thanx Sid!! :hug: I'm bummed out, but we're gonna just move the trip to the end of Feb/first of March......it's a ways out...but at least we have it "rescheduled" if the money doesn't show up by mid-Sept. There are positives in waiting, but when you get close enough to set all the dining ressies & then find out you're not going....it's tough. We'll survive, but poo!!!

Thanx Sid!! :hug: I'm bummed out, but we're gonna just move the trip to the end of Feb/first of March......it's a ways out...but at least we have it "rescheduled" if the money doesn't show up by mid-Sept. There are positives in waiting, but when you get close enough to set all the dining ressies & then find out you're not going....it's tough. We'll survive, but poo!!!

We are also supposed to be going in March but its looking like I might be getting a new job which would be such a blessing but wouldnt allow me to take any vacation time till September next year :sad1: Were thinking if I get the job we might plan a Halloween trip. Its a bummer to have to wait but at the very least you still have it to look forward to! As always keeping you in my Prayers! :hug:

We are also supposed to be going in March but its looking like I might be getting a new job which would be such a blessing but wouldnt allow me to take any vacation time till September next year :sad1: Were thinking if I get the job we might plan a Halloween trip. Its a bummer to have to wait but at the very least you still have it to look forward to! As always keeping you in my Prayers! :hug:

Thanx so much Sid!!! :hug:

Yay for the new job.....but BOOOOOO on no Disney until next fall!! :eek: Looking forward is the only thing getting me up in the mornings.....I'm overly stressed about finances right now & so frustrated that H&R Block is costing us money!! I want the check just to get on board, get out of the place we're in & put 4 tires on the van before they all blow out....I'm not sure we'd still go in Oct if the check arrived. With Mike in a new job, he might not be able to take that kind of time off so soon. I just want to wake up in the morning & not worry about utilities, food, gas, tires & how I'm gonna pay for school supplies, clothes & shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter