Halloween on the Magic 2013

I'm so sorry ..I got our cruises mixed up! I will start a FE list for this cruise sometime this week, as I don't think anyone has yet.

Okey doke...I've added a link in my signature for a FE list. If you are interested in participating in the FE, please click on the link and fill out your info. I've provided enough space for 4 guests per cabin, so if you have more, just add them on the next line. Please let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Okey doke...I've added a link in my signature for a FE list. If you are interested in participating in the FE, please click on the link and fill out your info. I've provided enough space for 4 guests per cabin, so if you have more, just add them on the next line. Please let me know if the link is working, and if you can edit the spreadsheet. Thanks!

I don't see the link yet. Never mind. iPhone wasn't scrolling enough. My bad.

mmcxiiad said:
I don't see the link yet. Never mind. iPhone wasn't scrolling enough. My bad.

Will the link work on the iPhone? I've never been able to get links in signatures to work on my iPhone. Cool!

After having a nightmare cruise in 2010 and getting a huge discount, We planned on going on an Alaska Cruise. Then another child came... and my wife and I decided to hold of on Alaska. Long story short (too late), we are booked on this cruise.

It is going to be my wife and I, our 4 kids and my in-laws (and we are debating bringing a sitter along too).

Because disney gave us such a huge discount, we decided to to book a larger room... 4 kids require some space. Initially, we had planned on getting 2 rooms, then we decided 2 veranda rooms.... before we knew it I had run the numbers and it wasn't that much more for the 2-bedroom suite (vs the 2 verandas). So we are all excited about the trip and the upgraded service.

Of course, what none of the rest of my family knows is we aren't going on the 2-bedroom suite. I waitlisted the royal suite and last week the travel agent called and told me it was available. So I quickly jumped on it. Now I am going to try to keep it secret as long as possible. I almost let it slip the other day, though I played it off like I made a slip of the tongue (sorry honey I meant concierge suite, not royal suite).

We are so excited about the trip. Although, my wife has been on three cruises (3 with me and 1 prior to us getting married) and half have been nightmares (one of them could easily rank up there as the top 5 worst cruise nightmares of all time). I am honestly surprised she is excited to do another one.

Anyway, I think she wants to join in the FE, although neither one of us are on FB. We are going to drive to Miami as it is only 15 hours away.... and cheaper then flights for 6.

Welcome to the cruise!! Here's hoping that this one is the best yet for you all! I think your surprise will be the icing on the cake! How old are your kids?

Welcome to the cruise!! Here's hoping that this one is the best yet for you all! I think your surprise will be the icing on the cake! How old are your kids?

Thanks, I think it will surprise them too!

We have 4 kids - a boy who is 9; and three girls 6, 4 and 1. Needless to say, they are all excited to go.

Every time we talk about going on the cruise, my son starts asking which club he will be in and a full itinerary of what activities they will have for the kids on the ship. We patiently have to explain that we don't know yet, and he will find out when we gets there.

My other daughter (who is 4 and will turn 5 a couple of days after we get off the ship) is convinced that Goofy and Capt. Hook will be driving the ship. I don't know which one of those scenarios scares me more.

Will the link work on the iPhone? I've never been able to get links in signatures to work on my iPhone. Cool!

I tried to sign up for the FE but no matter what I do, the doc stays in view mode. Am I doing something wrong?

mmcxiiad said:
I tried to sign up for the FE but no matter what I do, the doc stays in view mode. Am I doing something wrong?

I'll take a look at it when I get home tonight. I might have to change something in settings for the document.

Okay...I changed the settings to allow everyone with the link to edit the spreadsheet, so it should work now. Please let me know!

I am thinking of this cruise or one out of Galveston. Anyone have a comparison of the magic vs. Wonder? Suggestions or advice? Thanks

lchute1158 said:
I am thinking of this cruise or one out of Galveston. Anyone have a comparison of the magic vs. Wonder? Suggestions or advice? Thanks

They are sister ships, and they are identical except for the names of areas. The magic is due for dry dock in Sept, so some changes may be made (we are not sure what they will be). Personally, I prefer the magic/wonder over the dream/fantasy.

I would suggest looking at the various itineraries and selecting which one you prefer.

This sailing of the Magic is happening a week or two after it comes out of an extended dry dock. The rumor mill is that staterooms will be totally redone, changes to the buffet as well as other improvements to bring it more up to date with the Dream and Fantasy. I also heard a rumor that major changes will be made to the kids clubs as well!

Other than that, the ships are identical as mentioned before. I love both of these ships, I've sailed them both, the Magic twice and the Wonder 3 times. I actually prefer both of these ships to the Dream.

Oh, I should add that one of the big factors of deciding which boat to sail on this time was the port. It's far less for 5 of to fly to Miami than it is Galveston!

Thanks. Good point about the dry dock. We just did the Dream 4 night Bahamas. The ship was nice but crowded on our day at sea. So thanks for the tips.

I agree with everyone above. The reason I'm going on this sailing is to get on the Magic after the dry dock to see the new changes. Ive been to all these ports before so that wasn't a deciding factor for us, but very well could be for you. We've done the Magic out of Galveston and the Wonder on other trips. They're identical ships at the moment. Go with what itinerary works for y'all.

Clint

OK just booked on this cruise! Pretty excited to have Halloween on a DCL.

Sailing is:

Me (Lance)
Wife (Hana)

DD 7
DD4

right now we are in 8576 but I might switch to the front of the ship.

Anyone think they will add a Aquaduck to the Magic while it is in dry dock?

And has anyone done the Fury Catamaran excusion out of Cozumel? good/bad?

Thanks!

Lance,
Glad to have ya with us! Thinking of how the upper deck is built on the magic (structural speaking) I dont see how they could do an Aquaduck but it is Disney, anythings possible. Deck 8 Aft is a great location. You can walk out of Beach Blanket (maybe Top Siders, I cant remember...the Buffet) and down the very aft steps by stateroom 8600 and not very far to your room. Easy to grab breakfast up there and have it on your veranda!

On a completely different side note, I see you went to Hong Kong Disneyland. How was that?!

Clint

Lance,
Glad to have ya with us! Thinking of how the upper deck is built on the magic (structural speaking) I dont see how they could do an Aquaduck but it is Disney, anythings possible. Deck 8 Aft is a great location. You can walk out of Beach Blanket (maybe Top Siders, I cant remember...the Buffet) and down the very aft steps by stateroom 8600 and not very far to your room. Easy to grab breakfast up there and have it on your veranda!

On a completely different side note, I see you went to Hong Kong Disneyland. How was that?!

Clint

It was pretty cool...it is really small, still being kind of built up I would say...and it is only the Magic Kingdom right now...there was a little Asian flair to it...

i'll have to be honest. We booked this cruise without knowing that the magic would just be coming out of dry dock. In fact, I thought it was going into DD shortly after this trip. So when I read through this post about that, needless to say I got really excited.

I started googling it, and found a couple of interesting links:

The first one is based on a comment by Darren McBurney (the Magic’s cruise director) so it is more factual but illusive.

The second one, should be taken with a shaker of salt, shows some mock ups of what they may have planned for ship. If this is true, wow. I love the mock ups of what could be Parrot Cay. I am sure that this is just scratching the surface.

With only 4 ships in the fleet... and no more on order... the Magic and the Wonder are vital to DCL, and a breath of fresh air is exactly what they need. In addition to some things that may be exclusive to those ships.

6 weeks..... that is just 42 days..... I mean, that isn't that much time. But I would imagine that they can get done a crazy amount of work in that span of time. I would love to see a time lapse video of the process of the work they get done in that time frame.

We booked thus cruise because the Magic is just out of dry dock and we wanted to see the changes! It will also be fun to have halloween on board. I hope more people join us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter