• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Halloween 2022 thread

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Halloween 2022 thread. Talk all things from local traditions to your favorite recipes. šŸŽƒ

Some of my neighbors had their decorations up before the end of September!

I'm sure a lot of places will be going back to full throttle Halloween this year after the past few years of restrictions. It's on a Monday this year so I'm sure the weekend before will be full of parties.

I haven't put up my decorations yet, but I did watch the new Hocus Pocus movie already. šŸŽƒ

I agree that trick-or-treating will probably be bigger again this year. I've kind of enjoyed sitting out with a table the last couple of years, though. I might keep it up.

Trying to get my almost 5yo to decide what he wants to be... he's got it narrowed down to a spiny orb weaver spider (he loves bugs) or a camel (I have no idea why :laughing:)

We have trunk or treating at school the 28th and are excited! The uncles and Nan are coming to trick or treat on the day of which will be fun!

Haven't decorated outside yet but do have a few things up inside. Our neighborhood goes big for Halloween and typically gets really scary -- this is the first year our son is a little nervous about spooky stuff so hopefully we can avoid those houses when we trick or treat/drive around during the month.

I haven't put up my decorations yet, but I did watch the new Hocus Pocus movie already. šŸŽƒ

I agree that trick-or-treating will probably be bigger again this year. I've kind of enjoyed sitting out with a table the last couple of years, though. I might keep it up.
So did I. It was actually pretty decent. The main cast did a great job, and the production value was glossy. Lots of beautiful looking Halloween scenery.

I havenā€™t decorated yet. Iā€˜m waiting until later to carve my pumpkin. Most of my decor is going to be custom made. Things like cobbling together store-bought stuff with found items.

Iā€˜m happy with anyone decorating their lawn, but when you see the same Walmart stuff on every street, you need to bring about some change. šŸŽƒ

Second only to Christmas, Halloween is a favorite of mine and a big deal at my house. The last year or so has brought a lot of change into my life and with that a lot of new faces and hopefully new traditions. This year my mom will be visiting from NH over Halloween - she is in for an experience, she hasn't had a trick or treater in almost a decade! This week I plan to decorate inside my house, friends are coming over for a fall themed dinner party next weekend and I want to have it all done before then. My sister and I always go to at least one haunted attraction, Eastern State Penitentiary is a favorite but I think this year we are going to the Bates Motel. I know one of the actors and seeing him in character would be awesome! New for this year I am going to Salem, MA and could not be more excited about it!! I will also be going to a Halloween Festival in a local historic little village and to a farm nearby for a fall festival. The weekend before Halloween we will carve pumpkins and decorate our front yard with exception of a few things that will come out on Halloween day. We go way overboard every year and it is so fun, I got some new decorations and can not wait to put them out! On Halloween day I always have stuff going in the crockpot (this year it will be homemade meatballs) and a variety of people stop in, my friend's awesome Halloween playlist will be going while we sit outside with the dogs in their costumes and hand out candy.

Get to see our 3 granddaughters dress up but other than that itā€™s just a regular day. We live in a rural area so we donā€™t get trick or treaters and I donā€™t decorate at all either.

I havenā€™t decorated yet. Iā€˜m waiting until later to carve my pumpkin. Most of my decor is going to be custom made. Things like cobbling together store-bought stuff with found items.

Iā€˜m happy with anyone decorating their lawn, but when you see the same Walmart stuff on every street, you need to bring about some change. šŸŽƒ
I am with you there! Last year I integrated things from around the house/yard and it came out so cool not to mention that it was unique! I have a few ideas in mind this year, my hot glue gun will be getting a workout:laughing:

Halloween is a favorite. Outside and inside was decorated over the weekend. Full size candy bars, ring pops and FunDip is in the cabinet. Our costumes are ready for MNSSHP and for passing out candy, we have to have different ones as it's normally very cool at home. We do a chili party with the neighbors on Halloween night complete with firepit. We have a speciality cocktail for the parents bringing their kiddies around (we know everyone in our neighborhood and only offer cocktails to those we know). The police always stop by to say hi and a good time is had by all.

I am with you there! Last year I integrated things from around the house/yard and it came out so cool not to mention that it was unique! I have a few ideas in mind this year, my hot glue gun will be getting a workout:laughing:
Speaking of hot glue, I found some multi-colored glue-sticks, and the red ones are amazing for creating blood effects for creepy crafts. I'm surprised I haven't tried this sooner!

I finally just watched Hocus Pocus for the first time.
I tried to watch it again as it's been years since I had seen it. I couldn't get thru it. I wanted to, I tried!

I've never really lived anywhere were we got trick or treaters. For the last 2 years we've gone to my BIL & SIL to see our niece trick or treat and do the neighborhood hang out thing that doesn't really appeal to us. We have a out this year, so it will be just another day for us. Honestly, I'd probably get more into it if we had trick or treaters to decorate for and buy candy for, but no one can see my house from the road so I don't make much of a fuss.

We do a costume night at my church activity where Iā€™m a leader the week of/before Halloween. Every year I say Iā€™m going to do a ā€œrealā€ costume. Every year I end up with one where itā€™s basically a sign around my neck. This year I actually could do more since Iā€™m not going to have to go straight from work. Iā€™ll probably actuallyā€¦ still end up with a ā€œsignā€ costume. In case you canā€™t see the sign in the picture, last year I was ā€œgreen with envy.ā€ This year my uniform shirt is blueā€¦

8BB19596-604B-414D-AEFB-A4B7EF788F07.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter