Halloween 2022 thread

Taking a long weekend, and this is the last day of it :( (at least I will come back to a short week before a holiday though)

I kicked off the festivities Friday night with Hocus Pocus 2 and some pumpkin ale. I have decorated for Halloween too.

I also watched the Munsters movie last night, although that was not great. It wasn't really bad, but it just did not thrill me.

Orange cake:

I have relatives from the Hudson Valley going back to the 18th century so I love this recipe for Halloween while watching the classic Disney movie:
Happy Halloween everyone and stay safe. Don’t let the headless horseman get you (as someone who has relatives from the Hudson Valley, the ghost is believed to be a real thing/the ghost existed before the story was written).
🎃🏇 👻🍬🍫

Halloween 2022 thread. Talk all things from local traditions to your favorite recipes. 🎃
On another forum, people talk about getting mini bags of chips in their trick-or-treat bags, and that is an utterly foreign concept to me.
I trick-or-treated in a lower-middle-class neighborhood in a suburb of Dallas TX in the mid'70s, and we were given candy, gum, or the occasional popcorn ball.
Is giving out chips a "Yankee" thing, or something? lol

On another forum, people talk about getting mini bags of chips in their trick-or-treat bags, and that is an utterly foreign concept to me.
I trick-or-treated in a lower-middle-class neighborhood in a suburb of Dallas TX in the mid'70s, and we were given candy, gum, or the occasional popcorn ball.

For some, it's a break from sugar.

For others, it's a great allergy-free treat for kids (few kids are allergic to plain potato chips with non soy oil).

And, for older kids, it's just fun - a lot prefer the salt to the sugar just for variety.

For some, it's a break from sugar.

For others, it's a great allergy-free treat for kids (few kids are allergic to plain potato chips with non soy oil).

And, for older kids, it's just fun - a lot prefer the salt to the sugar just for variety.
This. I’m giving out candy this year but keep some Lays products fun size bags on hand just in case there is an allergy trick or treater. It depends on the neighborhood to be honest.

Welcome to the Disboards. :-):welcome:

They sell mini bags of Halloween pretzels every year. Pretzels are good! A little high blood pressure to go with the glucose overindurgence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter