Hall of Presidents rehab extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall of Presidents is currently closed for refurbishment to add him (this is their standard procedure when a new president is elected). Don't think it will re-open until later this year.

Thanks for the responses. Going in November and I've always enjoyed the HoP. Hopefully it's completed by then.

They are adding him but I read he will not have a speaking role.
That's the big "RUMOR" that Disney will go back to only having Washington and Lincoln speak-Guests will "read" into that what they will if it happens.

That's the big "RUMOR" that Disney will go back to only having Washington and Lincoln speak-Guests will "read" into that what they will if it happens.
I would like to see what they would do with trump. But with political schizophrenia going on he will be quiet.

Is that a rumor or fake news? LOL!

I read an article somewhere that said up until the 1990s, the current president's animatron did not speak and that they were going back to that format.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Disney doesn't give President Trump a speaking role... there is no reason other than giving in to pressure due controversy to go back to the old format. I am not trying to start an argument, but I don't think it is right or fair for Disney to have given speaking roles to Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, who have all been a part of controversy, but don't give a part to President Trump. Sorry, but I've been thinking about this ever since these rumors started flying a few months ago.

Disney is doing the right thing they dipped into dark water when they gave a speaking role to the animatronic of the sitting President, best way to correct that mistake is not to keep doing and go back to basics.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Disney doesn't give President Trump a speaking role... there is no reason other than giving in to pressure due controversy to go back to the old format. I am not trying to start an argument, but I don't think it is right or fair for Disney to have given speaking roles to Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, who have all been a part of controversy, but don't give a part to President Trump. Sorry, but I've been thinking about this ever since these rumors started flying a few months ago.
I heard - again not verified rumors, but decent source I think - that the Trump administration was asked and they told Disney that Pres. Trump wasn't interested in recording a speaking part for the HoP. Part of the refurb is holding on whether he may choose to record (as the last several presidents have). If not, they need to revisit the script to work out how to make the show flow.

I heard - again not verified rumors, but decent source I think - that the Trump administration was asked and they told Disney that Pres. Trump wasn't interested in recording a speaking part for the HoP. Part of the refurb is holding on whether he may choose to record (as the last several presidents have). If not, they need to revisit the script to work out how to make the show flow.

I'm not buying this. Doesn't fit his personality at all.

Honestly, you can say that all presidents are controversial. It's part of the job.

But HoP opened with the park in 1971 and the animatron for the president at the time (Nixon) did not speak, and the animatrons of the next four presidents didn't either.

For whatever reason, they appear to be going back to that format, and it is what it is.

Well I think we can conclude that Disney can't have the attraction closed forever.

So they have to open it up soon and with Trump because even though some may disagree, he is the current president.

Whether or not he will speak I think will be up to whether Trump can make time to do the speech.

It's obviously not #1 on his list I imagine but it's there.

I'm not buying this. Doesn't fit his personality at all.
I believe it. He'd have to read a prepared script, exactly as written, for it to match. That doesn't seem to fit him at all.

My kids have actually expressed interest in seeing HoP next we are there so hopefully it's open when we go in September.

Well from someone who comes from the UK I really enjoyed HoP when I visited in 2014 and enjoyed Obama speaking. However if Disney has just decided to go back to the old format then thats fine but this wont be judges for another 4 to 8 years when the next president comes in and they do or do not allow him to speak.
Have no trouble hearing a Trump speech though as he is who he is, President.

I believe it. He'd have to read a prepared script, exactly as written, for it to match. That doesn't seem to fit him at all.

My kids have actually expressed interest in seeing HoP next we are there so hopefully it's open when we go in September.

Okay, I get that angle. I was more coming from him turning down something that shows him off as the president and the limelight. Not wanting to record it for more important business would seem humble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter