Hagrid's strategy?

It appears IOA won't have ee when I'm there in October. To ride Hagrid first thing is it better to rope drop IOA (gettng in line around 7:15) or use ee at US and get in line for Hogwarts Express)?

I will report our Hagrids experience from the last 2 weeks of July.

We rope dropped Hagrids 1 day (we prefer 2 rides on Velocicoaster in the morning). Anyway, we left Aventura at 6:50, arrived in line at IOA by 7:05, went to the very right entry point, and were 4th in line. Once the park opened, after speedwalking the 1/2 mile back to Hagrids, we were off the ride by 8:15.

Now, our favorite time of day for Hagrids was night time. We would get in line anytime between 9-9:45. The line was NEVER more than the posted time. The night we got in line at 9:45, the wait time was 90 minutes, and we waited 38.

Last edited:
I will report our Hagrids experience from the last 2 weeks of July.

We rope dropped Hagrids 1 day (we prefer 2 rides on Velocicoaster in the morning). Anyway, we left Aventura at 6:50, arrived in line at IOA by 7:05, went to the very right entry point, and were 4th in line. Once the park opened, after speedwalking the 1/2 mile back to Hagrids, we were off the ride by 8:15.

Now, our favorite time of day for Hagrids was night time. We would get in line anytime between 9-9:45. The line was NEVER more than the posted time. The night we got in line at 9:45, the wait time was 90 minutes, and we waited 38.

I would second this. We were there the last week of July. Granted we weren't at the front of the line in the morning but we were in line before the park opened and we waited 90 minutes. We also got in line at 9:35 at night and waited 45 minutes. We also thought the ride was better at night. If you also want to do Velocicoaster, I agree it is a better use of time in the morning (we did Hagrid's one morning and Velocicoaster another morning).

I will say that on our last night, Hagrids scared the absolute **** out of us.

We were in the front two cars, and right after the track dropped, we didn't take off, just sat there for about 2 minutes. We were sitting, looking at the track above, and praying that a train didn't come flying backwards on top of us!!

Other than that, I have nothing but positives to say about this ride!!!

Yes, @chad_1138 I've been stopped there once before also. Not for as long though. I like the opportunity to pause & take in the details on occasion, provided it's not on my first time riding something.

Haha, that used to happen to us occasionally on the Mummy ride where we'd stop for a bit at the part with the fire on the ceiling when the glass breaks before the final big hill. You'd be hearing other trains still going around with people screaming and just hoping you wouldn't be rear-ended by another vehicle (Which of course, never happened.)

We were there this week and rode it in the evening twice. On August 21, we got in line at 8:55 pm (5 minutes before closing) and we got off the ride at 9:45 pm so it took about 50 minutes. On August 24, we started queuing at 8:35 pm and we got off the ride in about an hour. We preferred doing it in the evening since the weather was a bit cooler and the wait was relatively short.

Reactions: CJK
Hagrids line spiked to 150 before the end of the early entry hour today. I got thru in the single rider line in about 35 to 40 at 11am. Posted time was 75 for the regular line.

Hagrids line spiked to 150 before the end of the early entry hour today. I got thru in the single rider line in about 35 to 40 at 11am. Posted time was 75 for the regular line.
I tried the single rider line twice 3 or 4 months ago. The first time it was slow but I did get on in 30-40 minutes, the second time I left after 45 because the line just wasn't moving at all. Also once you get inside to the stairs area if the line isn't moving it gets so hot and cramped and crowded its terrible 😖 to me it made the wait feel even longer than it was!

We rode it walk on twice - getting there 30 minutes before EE (we were third back from the tap styles) and once getting in line right before park close at 10:00. This was in April. The evening ride we watched the pre-show, the EE morning we skipped past it. YMMV because we noticed other nights they were cutting off the Hagrid's line at 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter