Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Been here since Wednesday. Rode twice. Once at rope drop (see post above) and once at 610pm with a posted wait time of 105 mins (lowest I have seen but others have seen 90 mins). Was off at 710 so 60 mins total. Looks like they are getting things figured out finally. Fingers crossed anyway for those coming in the future. Best ride at Universal for sure

Quick question: Can I keep my waist pack with a 3 prong clasp on me thru the line & on the ride or must it go in a locker? It's small slim & flat - only holds my phone. TIA!

As Universal has Early Entry what would one expect the waits to be and how would timings work by getting the Hogwarts Express from Universal to IoA?

If this would work, what’s the time of the first express?

As Universal has Early Entry what would one expect the waits to be and how would timings work by getting the Hogwarts Express from Universal to IoA?

Pretty sure the train doesn't run until 9 when IoA open, so you'd be way behind if rope dropping it

Quick question: Can I keep my waist pack with a 3 prong clasp on me thru the line & on the ride or must it go in a locker? It's small slim & flat - only holds my phone. TIA!

Yes, I had my Kipling one, and no issues fitting in the seats wearing it. So had it the whole time through line as well. My DD had her phone the whole time, as she put it in her zippered pocket of her shorts just before we got on the ride. No issues with that in line or on ride either.

You won't get over until everyone at the IOA gate is already in line, so you will be at the end.

My hubby & I rode for the first time yesterday. The posted wait time was 150 minutes & we were on the ride in about 90 minutes. We arrived at the line at about 5:00 & were off around 6:30. It was totally worth the wait & so much fun!

A couple of notes... I recommend bringing a water into line with you. They do sell Gilly Water but the in-line cart is cash only. We didn’t know this & figured we could use our card. There are water fountains in line but I am immune compromised so I can’t risk the germs.

Also, some of the queue rooms are not well ventilated & can get very stuffy. Just be prepared in case there is a delay. There were people complaining about feeling faint from the heat & lack of ventilation & some bailed on the ride.

However, I feel like afternoon is a good time to try to ride. I agree with the previous posters about avoiding the morning chaos.

Been following this thread, so wanted to tell others our experience yesterday. Thought Sunday night would be a good time to go...not so much. Got in line around 6:22. We were off at 8:55 or so. FYI line closed at capacity at around 7. Posted time was 150 minutes...but in the aftrernoon in the blazing heat the time posted was 120, so we figured evening without the blazing sun would be better. It was very long wait...we chatted with people on line so that almost 2.5 hr wait did not seem 2.5 hours. The ride was down multiple times while we waited which is why the wait was so long (as reported in other people’s comments in other posts). Other people in line said they got in line with posted 120 waits on other days and they were off in an hour, so I do believe the speed of the line must have to do with whether or not the ride is having technical difficulties. That being said, the ride was as AMAZING as everyone has said. So while I am generally not a person who likes to spend time in lines....was worth the waiit for this ride!!!!

Today it appeared that dinner time was a good time to get in line. I imagine a lot of people leave the parks at that time. My family and I are not rope drop people, so I am particularly interested in looking for comparatively "slower" times during the day.

Traditionally my philosophy at any park and any popular attraction it is to get on it towards the end of the evening / right before closing. As I've been able to successfully get on incredibly popular rides with insane wait times in the past and this method would dramatically decease the wait time, due to the fact that most people are gone for the evening, leaving, or watching the night shows that a lot of parks have. This method wouldn't be the absolute best yet, as the attraction still has issues and closes early, but I hope that once I get AP again in the fall that it'll be closer to being able to successfully do this method.

However, if not, I'll more than likely just shoot for the afternoon and just wait like I always have in the past.

Hi- I am back. Rope dropped this morning...much better than the 2.5 hr wait last night. I got there at 8 (ppl told me they got there at 815/830) and was on the ride by 9:05. So...didn't wait for ride. I am told yesterday this did not work bc ride kept going down.

In line now. FWIW- I heard from someone who "knows someone who works here" that HMCMA doesn't allow longer than a 90 minute queue time in line to allow for delays. The employee who was asked that "didn't know anything about that", which seemed to strongly hint at "would neither confirm nor deny." I got in line at 1, will update when I get off.
Update: was in line at 1, off by 2:10.

Last edited:
In line now. FWIW- I heard from someone who "knows someone who works here" that HMCMA doesn't allow longer than a 90 minute queue time in line to allow for delays. The employee who was asked that "didn't know anything about that", which seemed to strongly hint at "would neither confirm nor deny." I got in line at 1, will update when I get off.

Not sure what means? I was in line last week for 2 hrs (had no delays)

Never heard of this, doesn't make sense, and there's no constant evidence that backs this up, especially as @osufeth24 for example is one person who waited plenty over 90 minutes with no delays. It would be one thing if it was reported that everyone was getting out of the queue prior to their estimated wait time (and prior to 90 minutes), but while a lot of guests are, a lot of guests are still waiting longer than that, whether delays are involved, or not. So, I cannot see this as happening, or at least it's not working if it is, unless it's a suggestion that they're tossing around and it's something they haven't implemented yet.

Also, I do not know about now, but when DD was first created, it had the longest queue in both parks. It would be an incredible waste to only allow the amount of people for a 90 wait in a queue that is designed still (I'm sure) to contain far more than that.

Never heard of this, doesn't make sense, and there's no constant evidence that backs this up, especially as @osufeth24 for example is one person who waited plenty over 90 minutes with no delays. It would be one thing if it was reported that everyone was getting out of the queue prior to their estimated wait time (and prior to 90 minutes), but while a lot of guests are, a lot of guests are still waiting longer than that, whether delays are involved, or not. So, I cannot see this as happening, or at least it's not working if it is, unless it's a suggestion that they're tossing around and it's something they haven't implemented yet.

Also, I do not know about now, but when DD was first created, it had the longest queue in both parks. It would be an incredible waste to only allow the amount of people for a 90 wait in a queue that is designed still (I'm sure) to contain far more than that.

Yea I mean I may have misheard, but it was something to that effect by someone who I didn't know nearby. Thinking about it, you're probably right, it does sound fishy. I think he may have meant that they are currently jacking the wait times to discourage people from queuing past 90 minutes out, specifically to cover for ride delays.

Yea I mean I may have misheard, but it was something to that effect by someone who I didn't know nearby. Thinking about it, you're probably right, it does sound fishy. I think he may have meant that they are currently jacking the wait times to discourage people from queuing past 90 minutes out, specifically to cover for ride delays.

They do jack up the wait times, as a lot of guests have reported to being on the ride and having a significantly less wait time, but it's been theorized it's due to over compensating for when the attraction does have delays. However, some guests do sometimes report waiting for the same amount of time reported, whether delays, or not are involved.

I kind of wonder if part of the reason for time differences other than delays is how the line moves as a whole. I've been in queues were it's stop and go, but sometimes it's almost like walking the whole queue and a lot of that has to do with not only the unloading and loading process, but guests being alert while in the queue, being aware when it's their turn, getting loaded properly and quickly into the ride vehicle, and if there is anyone in wheel chairs, or EVCs needing assistance. As I've been plenty of rides (with no delays) to have sometimes been less of a wait, or having a pretty accurate wait time.

Posted 150, waited an hour today. But single rider seems to be significantly faster today. People next to me waited 20 minutes. BUT apparantly they are closing down single rider quite often and "opening it for one minute" and then closing it to keep it manageable.

Update: went on it 3 times today- only wait longer than an hour was because of an hour delay. They closed the ride saying it was "full capacity" at 7:30, because they wanted to close by the end of park hours. So don't go in thinking you can last second queue.

Last edited:
A couple of notes... I recommend bringing a water into line with you. They do sell Gilly Water but the in-line cart is cash only. We didn’t know this & figured we could use our card. There are water fountains in line but I am immune compromised so I can’t risk the germs.

The water fountains were not working last week when we went, and I was dying of thirst.. stupidly put everything in the locker, so didn't have money to buy anything at the cart.
So, yes.. Bring a drink with you !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!