Hagrid's Coaster Queue Updates / Questions / Reviews

Well been in line since 935. And now at the dragon room again 🦄. So just waiting. Ride is open. It the rides moves at such a snails pace 😟

I wonder if they're using less ride vehicles today. I know in the past when they've had issues they have switched carts, as well as take some off, or add them when it's been delayed. It's been reported lately that typically when the ride operates the wait time is typically less than reports to compensate for anything might happen. You're still under the 4 hour mark. However, 240 has been a lot longer than what has been reported lately for wait times. I wonder what's happening today.

We’d thought about heading over today to give it a go but I’m thinking we’ll skip it. Doesn’t look promissing right now. I mean, I don’t mind standing in line but I’d rather know it’s for something, not waiting around while it’s going down a lot.

We’d thought about heading over today to give it a go but I’m thinking we’ll skip it. Doesn’t look promissing right now. I mean, I don’t mind standing in line but I’d rather know it’s for something, not waiting around while it’s going down a lot.

There’s a sign. That it’s closing early today. That’s why we decided to Jump in line so we don’t miss it. At 4 hours in the queue line now Been down on off. About 3 times throughout this wait.

I was wondering the same thing. Not much on the boards. Post #464 on this thread gives some insight, but elsewhere someone had the experience of SRL being shut down. Someone else said that there is no fan in the area where you need to stand on the stairs for a while. Anyone out there who has been on SRL this week have some insight? Thanks!

I was able to use the Single Rider line this past Saturday. I was probably only about 100 people back in the main line, so there were only a handful of people ahead of me in the SR line when I reached it, so I can't say how long a normal wait is, but they were sending a single rider with every odd-numbered group in the main line, so our little line was through within a minute or two. The stairs referenced previously are immediately inside the door from outside, which is presumably why they were so hot for the previous poster - the line wasn't back that far when I was there, so I just walked straight on, but it is also a fairly short set of stairs and then you are into the final holding room before loading.

Also, just a reminder that you do miss the preshow and the workshop room if you use the Single Rider line. I went through the main line to see those on opening weekend, so I didn't mind missing them this past weekend, but they are really well done, so it's worth considering that in your calculations when choosing which line to go through.

We are going to be there Sun and have EE. Has anyone gone in the morning to get in line via Hogwarts Express from US side? If so, I would love some tips on timing, where to go once we get into IOA, when trains start running. Would anyone recommend going this route using the train from US during EE? Thank you!

We are going to be there Sun and have EE. Has anyone gone in the morning to get in line via Hogwarts Express from US side? If so, I would love some tips on timing, where to go once we get into IOA, when trains start running. Would anyone recommend going this route using the train from US during EE? Thank you!

Last Saturday they let people into IoA more than 30 minutes before the official opening time and they let us back to the Sinbad holding area 15 minutes before to start the line for Hagrid's. There were people coming off the train at 9:20 when I left Hagrid's, so they seemed to have started the train fairly soon after the official opening at 9, but those people still had to go to the back of the line at Sinbad's with a 2-3 hour wait ahead of them. They did have TMs directing people where to go from the train to get in line, so you'll know where to go, but you won't be able to get to the front of the line or get a shorter wait or anything.

I opted to forego EE and line up at IoA at about 7:30am. I hated that in a way but it’s the best way to ride Hagrid without burning hours of the day (I was off the ride by about 9:30 two days in a row).

It is my understanding that riding Hogwarts express from Universal would not put you ahead of people coming in through IoA.

I opted to forego EE and line up at IoA at about 7:30am. I hated that in a way but it’s the best way to ride Hagrid without burning hours of the day (I was off the ride by about 9:30 two days in a row).

It is my understanding that riding Hogwarts express from Universal would not put you ahead of people coming in through IoA.
Thanks so much to both you. That is exactly what I wanted to know. Early in IA line it is. Though not sure I can do 7:30 :)

Typically I do not suggest SR if there is more than 10-15 people. Even then, you'll probably be waiting a little bit, but not that long. Some SR lines can move, but often they do not move quickly since it is meant to fill in an empty slot. I wouldn't suggest SR at Hagrid's unless it's literally walk on (which I doubt it is) as I've heard it is horrid in terms of feeling hot, since it sounds like it's not air conditioned, or at least not ventilated well, and you'd be enclosed in a stairwell with a lot of people as well.
I'm shocked you're offering this advice considering what it says under your name. :rotfl:

I’m staying at RPR next month and am naturally a very early (like 4:30 AM early) riser. What time should I be at the gates to be at the front of the line when the ride opens?

Thanks!

Does anyone have advice for the following? We will be at Portofino Bay next month, and I, at least, would like to try the "get in line at 7:30 a.m. strategy. The boats do not run that early, do they? I am thinking that I will need to leave the hotel at 7:15 at the latest, and walk on over. Yes?

Does anyone have advice for the following? We will be at Portofino Bay next month, and I, at least, would like to try the "get in line at 7:30 a.m. strategy. The boats do not run that early, do they? I am thinking that I will need to leave the hotel at 7:15 at the latest, and walk on over. Yes?

A month is still a long time out. The ride by then could be further improved from a capacity and operations standpoint, making current strategies unnecessary.

I would just continue following this thread to see how things are going just before your trip to figure out the best strategy then.

I would just continue following this thread to see how things are going just before your trip to figure out the best strategy then.

Thats exactly what I'm doing, my first day back at the parks is still just over 2 months away, as it stands my plan is to do EE at USO, which if current opening times stand, will be into the park by 7am, do Gringotts, have a mooch around, but then leave USO to get into the queue for IOA no later than 8am.

However if the queue for IOA is starting at 7.30 or thereabouts depending what it says on here, thats what I'll be doing, with jetlag I'll be up like a lark at 5am on my first day so it wont be an issue, and I want to ride both cycle and sidecar, so determined to be among the first on every morning that I decide that Hagrid is my priority.

I really want to ride it at night as well, so we'll see how that goes!

Spike, I see both parks have the 9:00 opening with one having the 8:00 opening for your dates

No 7:00 ee listed as of today

If UO has large hotel occupancy is the only way they would change ee

But that would not be known yet

Spike, I see both parks have the 9:00 opening with one having the 8:00 opening for your dates

No 7:00 ee listed as of today

If UO has large hotel occupancy is the only way they would change ee

But that would not be known yet

I based all my timings on what is says on the Universal APP, just double checked, it says USO opens at 8 with EE at 7, and IOA opens at 9 with no EE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!